MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

Aaron Boone is the new Yanks manager.  Ok.  Hard to have any take on it when the trend these days is to hire guys with no experience.  Just happy the Yanks actually have a manager as the Ohtani sweepstakes officially begin!

13 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Aaron Boone is the new Yanks manager.  Ok.  Hard to have any take on it when the trend these days is to hire guys with no experience.  Just happy the Yanks actually have a manager as the Ohtani sweepstakes officially begin!

No charity basketball games for the foreseeable future for this guy 

Honestly I'm kind of indifferent at this point. He obviously knows the game but has never done the job so who really knows? I am a little worried because he seems like he's an overly nice guy and I don't know how he'll handle things when times gets rough... but the same type of shit was said about "Clueless" Joe Torre and that turned out ok. 

I really thought they'd go with Meulens so this did surprise me. Hensley has way more experience and speaks Japanese. Along with having Tanaka, that would've been a nice little advantage to have when they make their push for Ohtani.

52 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Honestly I'm kind of indifferent at this point. He obviously knows the game but has never done the job so who really knows? I am a little worried because he seems like he's an overly nice guy and I don't know how he'll handle things when times gets rough... but the same type of shit was said about "Clueless" Joe Torre and that turned out ok. 

I really thought they'd go with Meulens so this did surprise me. Hensley has way more experience and speaks Japanese. Along with having Tanaka, that would've been a nice little advantage to have when they make their push for Ohtani.

Yea, I thought they were going to go Meulens too. Oh well. Boone should be fine. He's smart and a good communicator. Not sure it helps in the Ohtani sweepstake but I doubt it hurts.

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

So the Yankees are out of the running for Otani. The Giants are a name that have come up. 

Glad he didn't string them along, seems like a really stand up guy.  Wherever he ends up, I'll be rooting for him.

9 hours ago, Ghjhero said:

Mariners are being touted as the favorites from what I’ve heard. I really hope he doesn’t end up there, I can’t think of a more boring team in MLB. 

The Padres are pretty boring too. 

9 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Glad he didn't string them along, seems like a really stand up guy.  Wherever he ends up, I'll be rooting for him.

I wish him success wherever he goes but hope the Yankees beat him.

He seems like he wants to be THE guy and not part of a team. 

4 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The Padres are pretty boring too. 

I wish him success wherever he goes but hope the Yankees beat him.

He seems like he wants to be THE guy and not part of a team. 

True, but at least the Padres haven’t tried to contend only to fall flatter than a pancake the last few years. 

Yeah I really don’t understand that part at all. He’s seemingly not here to join a team that’s primed to win, but he doesn’t want the money and big lights either? Yet he wants enough attention to slake his thirst? It’s all very strange. 

2 hours ago, Ghjhero said:

True, but at least the Padres haven’t tried to contend only to fall flatter than a pancake the last few years. 

Yeah I really don’t understand that part at all. He’s seemingly not here to join a team that’s primed to win, but he doesn’t want the money and big lights either? Yet he wants enough attention to slake his thirst? It’s all very strange. 

I think the Sox, Yankees and everyone else dodged a bullet here. He seems like he is going to have a hard time fitting in the clubhouse with most teams.

21 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think the Sox, Yankees and everyone else dodged a bullet here. He seems like he is going to have a hard time fitting in the clubhouse with most teams.

I don't know. We'll see. It's very clear that geography is important to him with 5 of the 7 finalists on the west coast and no east coast teams. It's just that the priorities that the writers assigned to him don't seem to be his priorities.

If Otani wants to hit, which seems very important to him, he really should sign with an AL club. I just don’t see how him playing the outfield on his non pitching days is gonna work. Apart from the injury risk, he’s not going to be properly rested when it comes time for him to take the mound. The guy’s a stud, and I’d love to see him pitch for the Dodgers, but if we really want to see what he’s capable of as a two way player, he’ll need to be in the AL. Unfortunately, that most likely means he’ll be stuck in Seattle.

In other big name news, Miami apparently has the framework in place for dealing Stanton to either the Cards or Giants. Rumor is that Stanton is waiting to see if the Dodgers get involved before okaying any trade.

47 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I didn't realize the Angels played in a small market.  Good for him,  I wish him the best. 

I think he just didn't want to be in one of those intense markets with a fanatic fan base and overactive media like New York or Boston. Anaheim seems the best of all worlds for him, since  no one gets all that pumped about the Angels.

11 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I think he just didn't want to be in one of those intense markets with a fanatic fan base and overactive media like New York or Boston. Anaheim seems the best of all worlds for him, since  no one gets all that pumped about the Angels.

It seems like every season 3 million people go to The Ball Park The Mouse Built to pray in total silence.

Archived