MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nothing against CC but I'd rather Chase Adams than re-signing CC. I think they need better than CC.

I understand the preference but Adams will surely get his Chance eventually.  Never have too much pitching cliche cliche - especially considering the potential fragility of many of the starters.

21 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't Adams hit a wall of sorts last season in minor league ball? Started out amazing but then hitters were timing him up. Could be something that Rothschild and staff can work out in Spring training.

Looking at his game log, he had a couple of rough games towards the end of the season. At the very least, I'd like to see him get a legitimate shot through the spring.

The full I pact of the Stanton deal didn' hit me until I saw a tweet of the projected line up and I saw him back to back with Judge...thats crazy scary.  The only thing I think is pots totally scarier is the Cubs line up in a year or so that lines up Bryant, Rizzo, and Harper... :P

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

The full I pact of the Stanton deal didn' hit me until I saw a tweet of the projected line up and I saw him back to back with Judge...thats crazy scary.  The only thing I think is pots totally scarier is the Cubs line up in a year or so that lines up Bryant, Rizzo, and Harper... :P

It's crazier when you realize it's Judge, Stanton, Sanchez. 

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

And hopefully a healthy Bird.  

And Didi.  It may be due to the fact he's found a home park that's just right for his "low-power power hitting," but he's earned the right to be mentioned.  Overall, I think it's hard to argue the Yanks now have the most imposing lineup in baseball - on paper - and that's before you pencil in Torres at 2b after Wade/Toe share it the first month or so (however long it takes to delay the former's free agency another year).  Of course, the winter meetings just started, so who knows what the rest of the offseason will bring.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The 2, 3, 4 of Sanchez, Stanton and Judge is going to be the most fun thing to watch in sports for the next decade. Good god is that unfair.

And what if they get Harper???????????????????????????????????

I can't see them getting Harper. By taking on Stanton's contract, I think they priced themselves out. And honestly, they don't need him. They need pitching.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

I can't see them getting Harper. By taking on Stanton's contract, I think they priced themselves out. And honestly, they don't need him. They need pitching.

I don't see them getting Harper either but that's in part because someone has to play center field, and that should not be Harper long term (although it's also because he may cost so much more than everyone else).  However, I do expect them to be very active in free agency next year after getting under the tax this offseason.  Whether that's in the form of pitching or even Machado obviously depends though.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

Not need to be cheap when you’re spending other people’s money. And why would they need pitching when they can just hit 932 home runs each game.

What this thread needs more of is Sawks fans talking about how this affects them.

The team may as well hibernate for the next five years. I'd rather they stick with the roster they have instead of letting this spook them into overpaying one of the second tier sluggers on the market. 

It's amazing that one shithole team that went from one cheap asshole owner to an over-leveraged douchebag owner with a pet Yankee for rented credibility has more or less tilted MLB's competitive landscape with their stupid debt-servicing fire sale.

Yeah Jeets!

9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

What this thread needs more of is Sawks fans talking about how this affects them.

The team may as well hibernate for the next five years. I'd rather they stick with the roster they have instead of letting this spook them into overpaying one of the second tier sluggers on the market. 

It's amazing that one shithole team that went from one cheap asshole owner to an over-leveraged douchebag owner with a pet Yankee for rented credibility has more or less tilted MLB's competitive landscape with their stupid debt-servicing fire sale.

Yeah Jeets!

How many of you guys post here on the regular? Three or so?

3 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

How many of you guys post here on the regular? Three or so?

Me, Week, is that about it? There are others, but not that often, it seems. I'm not even that regular.

To be clear, I don't blame the Yankees for making this deal. I just think we should contract the Marlins instead of letting them flounder along like they're being run as a front for a cartel. They're the player in the fantasy league who gave up early in the season and doesn't even bother to set lineups any more.

13 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Me, Week, is that about it? There are others, but not that often, it seems. I'm not even that regular.

To be clear, I don't blame the Yankees for making this deal. I just think we should contract the Marlins instead of letting them flounder along like they're being run as a front for a cartel. They're the player in the fantasy league who gave up early in the season and doesn't even bother to set lineups any more.

Ugh, the Marlins are now looking to dump Ozuna. It should be a crime to dump that salary after the amount of public money that went into that garbage stadium. Estimates are they could be spending 2.6bn of public money ... but now need to cut salary. Shameful.

Archived