MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I hope they make the deal. I'm excited to see what Bruce Sherman and Jeter can do in Miami after they clean up Loria's mess. 

Yeah I think it can be a win win for both sides. I’m all for having as many competitive teams as possible. The sooner the Marlins are good, the better it is for baseball. 

12 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

So Esteban Loaiza might as well be dead, he got busted with 20 kilos of cocaine and heroin.

This is just stunning that someone could turn this-

A two-time All-Star, Loaiza finished second in American League Cy Young voting in 2003 when he went 21-9 with a 2.90 ERA and an AL-leading 207 strikeouts for the White Sox. He made just over $43.7 million in his major league career.

Into, likely life behind bars, life in a 8x10 windowless cell. What a waste smfh!

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This is just stunning that someone could turn this-

A two-time All-Star, Loaiza finished second in American League Cy Young voting in 2003 when he went 21-9 with a 2.90 ERA and an AL-leading 207 strikeouts for the White Sox. He made just over $43.7 million in his major league career.

Into, likely life behind bars, life in a 8x10 windowless cell. What a waste smfh!

I had that same conversation with my father last night.  It blows me away. 

6 hours ago, Myshkin said:

In the most significant move of the offseason so far the Dodgers bring back Chase Utley!

• Astros:  Pickup Gerrit Cole
  • Yankees:  Pickup Giancarlo Stanton
  • Cubs:  Pickup Yu Darvish (and likely lose Jake Arrieta)
  • Dodgers:  Re-sign Chase Utley

:P

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:
  • Astros:  Pickup Gerrit Cole
  • Yankees:  Pickup Giancarlo Stanton
  • Cubs:  Pickup Yu Darvish (and likely lose Jake Arrieta)
  • Dodgers:  Re-sign Chase Utley

:P

I know, what a coup! Utley is boss. He’s even got a rule named after him.

Hosmer signs with Padres for 8 years $144M. That’s a lot for a player who’s been worth -1.2 WAA for his career. 

Also Twins got Odorizzi from the Rays for peanuts it seems. As part of the move the Rays DFA’ed Dickerson, so we’ll see if they’re able to get a trade done for him in the next 10 days. 

Rays DFA-ing Dickerson is really weird. They actually designated him to make room for C.J. Cron, who they picked up from the Angels, and who is no where near as good a ball player as Dickerson. Gotta imagine that there’s something else going on here.

Archived