Bronn Stone

MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

89 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Triskele said:

I'm reminded that LA had five straight ROY's from 92-96.  I have to think that will never happen again.  

And zero titles to show for it.  That too amazes.

MVPs announced today. Considering there have been no surprises so far this award season, that bodes well for Altuve and Stanton.

53 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

MVPs announced today. Considering there have been no surprises so far this award season, that bodes well for Altuve and Stanton.

If Altuve doesn't get it I'll be shocked but then that means Judge won the MVP award too.

On 11/2/2017 at 2:48 PM, Myshkin said:

Yeah, it’s weird that it isn’t a bigger story, and even weirder that some writers are actively trying to debunk it as a myth. Both teams had to use the ball, so it’s not like it gave anyone an unfair advantage, but it’s still crazy that they would fuck with the ball for the WS. And if you have any doubt the ball was fucked with, all you have to do is go back and watch how many times pitchers from both teams angrily threw a ball away and demanded another. 

I wonder what's gonna come out of this

Stanton wins NL MVP, but just barely. He edged out Votto by 2 points, with each getting 10 1st place votes. That’s surprising to me; I really didn’t think Votto would come anywhere near that close. The other surprise is that Kris Bryant picked up a 1st place vote.

On the other side Altuve ran away with the AL MVP, getting 27 out of 30 1st place votes. I thought this race was gonna be a lot tighter, definitely tighter than the NL race.

40 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

The other surprise is that Kris Bryant picked up a 1st place vote.

Jaxom's wife fans herself.