Bronn Stone

MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

319 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Yankees pitching isn’t half bad either with Tanaka, Severino, Gray, Montgomery, Adams? Plus the bullpen. Could use one more ace like pitcher between Severino and Tanaka in the rotation.

They'll have enough to resign CC and stay under the tax - Stanton will only cost about $22 against the tax per Rosenthal (thanks to the cheap first 3 years of the contract and the money the Marlins will send if he doesn't opt out).

So, in two years, Cash has turned Jorge Guzman, Jose Devers, Rookie Davis, Eric Jagielo, Tony Renda, Caleb Cotham, and Brendan Ryan into Giancarlo Stanton and Gleyber Torres (and Billy McKinney).  Not too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

They'll have enough to resign CC and stay under the tax - Stanton will only cost about $22 against the tax per Rosenthal (thanks to the cheap first 3 years of the contract and the money the Marlins will send if he doesn't opt out).

So, in two years, Cash has turned Jorge Guzman, Jose Devers, Rookie Davis, Eric Jagielo, Tony Renda, Caleb Cotham, and Brendan Ryan into Giancarlo Stanton and Gleyber Torres (and Billy McKinney).  Not too bad.

Nothing against CC but I'd rather Chase Adams than re-signing CC. I think they need better than CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nothing against CC but I'd rather Chase Adams than re-signing CC. I think they need better than CC.

I understand the preference but Adams will surely get his Chance eventually.  Never have too much pitching cliche cliche - especially considering the potential fragility of many of the starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't Adams hit a wall of sorts last season in minor league ball? Started out amazing but then hitters were timing him up. Could be something that Rothschild and staff can work out in Spring training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't Adams hit a wall of sorts last season in minor league ball? Started out amazing but then hitters were timing him up. Could be something that Rothschild and staff can work out in Spring training.

 Looking at his game log, he had a couple of rough games towards the end of the season. At the very least, I'd like to see him get a legitimate shot through the spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The full I pact of the Stanton deal didn' hit me until I saw a tweet of the projected line up and I saw him back to back with Judge...thats crazy scary.  The only thing I think is pots totally scarier is the Cubs line up in a year or so that lines up Bryant, Rizzo, and Harper... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

The full I pact of the Stanton deal didn' hit me until I saw a tweet of the projected line up and I saw him back to back with Judge...thats crazy scary.  The only thing I think is pots totally scarier is the Cubs line up in a year or so that lines up Bryant, Rizzo, and Harper... :P

It's crazier when you realize it's Judge, Stanton, Sanchez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mexal said:

It's crazier when you realize it's Judge, Stanton, Sanchez. 

And hopefully a healthy Bird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

And hopefully a healthy Bird.  

And Didi.  It may be due to the fact he's found a home park that's just right for his "low-power power hitting," but he's earned the right to be mentioned.  Overall, I think it's hard to argue the Yanks now have the most imposing lineup in baseball - on paper - and that's before you pencil in Torres at 2b after Wade/Toe share it the first month or so (however long it takes to delay the former's free agency another year).  Of course, the winter meetings just started, so who knows what the rest of the offseason will bring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2, 3, 4 of Sanchez, Stanton and Judge is going to be the most fun thing to watch in sports for the next decade. Good god is that unfair.

And what if they get Harper???????????????????????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The 2, 3, 4 of Sanchez, Stanton and Judge is going to be the most fun thing to watch in sports for the next decade. Good god is that unfair.

And what if they get Harper???????????????????????????????????

I can't see them getting Harper. By taking on Stanton's contract, I think they priced themselves out. And honestly, they don't need him. They need pitching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mexal said:

I can't see them getting Harper. By taking on Stanton's contract, I think they priced themselves out. And honestly, they don't need him. They need pitching.

I don't see them getting Harper either but that's in part because someone has to play center field, and that should not be Harper long term (although it's also because he may cost so much more than everyone else).  However, I do expect them to be very active in free agency next year after getting under the tax this offseason.  Whether that's in the form of pitching or even Machado obviously depends though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mexal said:

I can't see them getting Harper. By taking on Stanton's contract, I think they priced themselves out. And honestly, they don't need him. They need pitching.

Not need to be cheap when you’re spending other people’s money. And why would they need pitching when they can just hit 932 home runs each game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god, there’s far too much Yankee talk going on in here. Stop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you rather talk about the Dodgers winning game 7 of the World Series in their house? Oh wait…

:box::P:grouphug:

#friendofpuig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather you SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Thank you for your cooperation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What this thread needs more of is Sawks fans talking about how this affects them.

The team may as well hibernate for the next five years. I'd rather they stick with the roster they have instead of letting this spook them into overpaying one of the second tier sluggers on the market. 

It's amazing that one shithole team that went from one cheap asshole owner to an over-leveraged douchebag owner with a pet Yankee for rented credibility has more or less tilted MLB's competitive landscape with their stupid debt-servicing fire sale.

Yeah Jeets!

Edited by DanteGabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

What this thread needs more of is Sawks fans talking about how this affects them.

The team may as well hibernate for the next five years. I'd rather they stick with the roster they have instead of letting this spook them into overpaying one of the second tier sluggers on the market. 

It's amazing that one shithole team that went from one cheap asshole owner to an over-leveraged douchebag owner with a pet Yankee for rented credibility has more or less tilted MLB's competitive landscape with their stupid debt-servicing fire sale.

Yeah Jeets!

How many of you guys post here on the regular? Three or so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

How many of you guys post here on the regular? Three or so?

I post every time the Padres do something awesome.  How about that 1998 NL run!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I post every time the Padres do something awesome.  How about that 1998 NL run!!!!

That was a great team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now