Acrophilia #18 - ... and the winner is ...

Julia H.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:53 AM, Castellan said:

It was my castle at least from this point!

I was only telling of a pocket replica, I had for voodoo purposes :ninja: 

And for the new game, I am sorry if my offer was distracting -- it seems most everybody would rather play Acrophobia. Is it true?

I am fine with whatever. I'll definitely host this Acrophilia variation at some point. If it isn't now I could try to extend the concept to three rounds to play at a later time.

I do believe the lovely Jez will make the competition even harder in Acrophobia. We might also see a return to acro games from Lady B, Fragile Bird and lil' ghost and some others who didn't join us for the excursion into philia, which would be delightful!

2 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I was only telling of a pocket replica, I had for voodoo purposes :ninja: 

And for the new game, I am sorry if my offer was distracting -- it seems most everybody would rather play Acrophobia. Is it true?

I would love to play an Acrophilia game at last. :P But if everyone else needs something more relaxing (what on Planetos has exhausted all of you?), I can wait. Just don't forget your plans.

5 hours ago, a free shadow said:

No, obsession replaces exhaustion in about 5 mins. I am happy to play anything and interested to see any new variation on either game. So sign me up.

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I do believe the lovely Jez will make the competition even harder in Acrophobia. We might also see a return to acro games from Lady B, Fragile Bird and lil' ghost and some others who didn't join us for the excursion into philia, which would be delightful!

I'd love a game of Acrophobia.

I feel I should host a game of acrophobia, unless someone else is keen. I thought I'd try 'House Words' or 'Character Fates'.  Anyone interested and which topic would you prefer?

12 hours ago, Castellan said:

I feel I should host a game of acrophobia, unless someone else is keen. I thought I'd try 'House Words' or 'Character Fates'.  Anyone interested and which topic would you prefer?

They both sound fun. :)

16 hours ago, Castellan said:

That would be delightful :cheers:

I think we've done variations of both those in the past but we would only have done seven Houses and characters. Either would be a lovely way to bring the game back.

I now have three rounds of this "slightly evil" version of Acrophilia. I'm calling it "Acrophilia Extreme"

Here's a basic rundown of the difference: in each round, the character answers will be split up into sets of 2 or 3, which will constitute a clue to another answer (or a mini-theme), then the answers (or mini-themes) to each set will have another link or answer to work out (kind of like a puzzle).

I might start a thread later to work out specifics. Do we want to play in pairs? And if so, how do we want the pairs to be organised? Should playing in pairs be an optional thing?

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

That would be delightful :cheers:

I think we've done variations of both those in the past but we would only have done seven Houses and characters. Either would be a lovely way to bring the game back.

I now have three rounds of this "slightly evil" version of Acrophilia. I'm calling it "Acrophilia Extreme"

Here's a basic rundown of the difference: in each round, the character answers will be split up into sets of 2 or 3, which will constitute a clue to another answer (or a mini-theme), then the answers (or mini-themes) to each set will have another link or answer to work out (kind of like a puzzle).

I might start a thread later to work out specifics. Do we want to play in pairs? And if so, how do we want the pairs to be organised? Should playing in pairs be an optional thing?

Oh my. I feel a bit light-headed already. 

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Oh my. I feel a bit light-headed already. 

Haha

To clarify I will reveal here how Round One will look to use it as an example:

1a) Character 1 clue

1b) Character 2 clue

1c) Character 3 clue

2a) Character 4 clue

2b) Character 5 clue

2c) Character 6 clue

3a) Character 7 clue

3b) Character 8 clue

3c) Character 9 clue

Each number has a mini-theme, so there are three mini-themes here. These mini-themes together will be a clue to something else, an overall theme. Some of it will be more like working out a puzzle though, particularly in working out the links between characters.

Hopefully this makes it easier to understand?

47 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Haha

To clarify I will reveal here how Round One will look to use it as an example:

1a) Character 1 clue

1b) Character 2 clue

1c) Character 3 clue

2a) Character 4 clue

2b) Character 5 clue

2c) Character 6 clue

3a) Character 7 clue

3b) Character 8 clue

3c) Character 9 clue

Each number has a mini-theme, so there are three mini-themes here. These mini-themes together will be a clue to something else, an overall theme. Some of it will be more like working out a puzzle though, particularly in working out the links between characters.

Hopefully this makes it easier to understand?

So it is multiple levels of themes within a round. Would there also be a theme that linked rounds? Just to drive us mad forever?

And I am wondering how the mini-themes link but I suppose we'd have to work it out. 

Would you supply the extra clues to get to nine, if we did not have enough players?

Acrophilia and Acrophobia! I'm getting excited, too! :cheers:

9 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'd play in any formation. 

12 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I might put an acrophobia thread up and hope we get enough players.

I'm in.

15 minutes ago, Castellan said:

So it is multiple levels of themes within a round. Would there also be a theme that linked rounds? Just to drive us mad forever?

And I am wondering how the mini-themes link but I suppose we'd have to work it out. 

Would you supply the extra clues to get to nine, if we did not have enough players?

Yes, basically.

I think I may have to hint towards what kind of thing you are looking for at times but I think it will work. It will be tricky though.

There's no overarching theme linking the rounds. I will indeed provide any clues needed to make the full number.

7 hours ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

Greetings all, Uncle Sniffer has gone on an extended fishing trip but I would love to join in as a surrogate for him. I am smarter and much more competitive so last place is going to go a wanting if it is waiting for me!

Wonderful! :cheers:

Hope Sniffer has a great fishing trip!

I will be starting the new thread at some point today.

Archived