Acrophilia #18 - ... and the winner is ...

Julia H.

14 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Did not ring any bells. And all that jazz :ninja:

I see you, shadow. B)

This round kicked my but.  I was very committed to a theme idea and kept trying variations of it.  I should have figured it out when Shadow and Castellan started talking a lot about castellans.  I did not.  I blame Santa.

ROUND FIVE AUTHORS AND SCORES

In Round Five...

1. The Greatjon Umber and his uncles invited a free shadow into their hearth and home.

2. Queen Selyse's favour was won by rocksniffer

3. Jeyne Westerling cheered for Raisin' Bran

4. Catelyn Stark enlisted her uncle's support for jezzie_bell

5. Jory Cassel and his castellan uncle fought for Winterfell and Castellan.

6. Rickard Karstark and his clan united under Dolorous Gabe's banner.

7-8. Delena Florent and Benfred Tallhart each received a clue from Julia H.

9. Edmure Tully was waiting for Ser Not Appearing

Name / Score

Guessing points

Theme points

Bonus points

Favourite clue points

Total

A Free Shadow

18+90=108

rocksniffer

22+62=84

Raisin’ Bran

12+55=67

jezzie_bell

17+86=103

Castellan

34+92=126

Dolorous Gabe

2+84=86

Ser Not Appearing

0+19=19

STANDINGS

1. Castellan:     126

2. a free shadow: 108

3. jezzie_bell: 103

4. Dolorous Gabe: 86

5. rocksniffer: 84

6. Raisin’ Bran: 67

7. Ser Not Appearing: 19

The round with the theme of nieces and nephews of castellans brought a landslide victory (quite fittingly) for Castellan, who guessed the theme almost as soon as the clues appeared on the board, and who struggled only with a couple of the characters before securing the bonus points for herself. The second most successful player of the round was rocksniffer, who is always best inspired by the approaching deadline, and who also guessed the theme and most characters - in the very last moment. A free shadow and jezzie_bell keep running after Castellan despite the growing distance.

Now that you have saved the little niece / nephew of the castle’s castellan from the aggression of some teenage bullies, you have found a friend in the castle, a friend who knows the secret passages and hidden rooms and is willing to be your guide...

What will happen next? Send your clue for the next character and find it out.

Also, please, check your points. 

With a heavy heart I must inform that my Castellan decided to resign from the game, for personal reasons :ninja:

What they said exactly was: "These accidents that are now happening around this castle are not really accidents, are they?". I do not know what it means, but I think it is a sign they are really poorly and their mind is going :frown5:

2 hours ago, a free shadow said:

With a heavy heart I must inform that my Castellan decided to resign from the game, for personal reasons :ninja:

What they said exactly was: "These accidents that are now happening around this castle are not really accidents, are they?". I do not know what it means, but I think it is a sign they are really poorly and their mind is going :frown5:

What is the name of this castle anyway? I confess I have been busy with a raven message game and not paid much attention.

So, as I said, you have a new friend now, the castellan's niece / nephew. Your new friend is happy to show you the wonders of the castle and has heard about the Book of Ancient Knowledge, but does not know where it is. Still, it rings a bell - "I've heard there is a sign, there is a sign that can lead us right there, but what is it?"

The clues below may help you find the answer.

1. Lord isn't exactly pedigreed... promising leadership instincts presented.

2. One speaks edited messages.

3. Legatee's "invalidation" explained: private pact lost its partner.

4. Obese swordsman enjoys mozzarella.

5. Last icy embrace prompted paling lips into pardon.

6. Operation Scarecrow... Ears malfunction.

7. Loved intimately early, paid price. Loves independence passionately.

8. Obviously slew. Evidence mountainous.

Only seven clues for the moment, but perhaps there will be one more... 

Your character can help you twice in the usual ways, and you can have two prelims theme guesses

Suggestion: Looking at the first five themes and recognizing the super theme could really help with the theme of this round. 

Deadline: Let's try Friday, December 22nd (at whatever time in whatever time zone). If we are too busy, we'll extend the deadline until after Christmas.

EDIT: Clue #8 has been added.

52 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I hope you are playing this round, Mr Gabe.

I will try. I was away for most of the previous round and although I did come up with some answers when I got home I did not feel like submitting them. I didn't get the theme and missed two clues.

I will have no excuse this week, except my excessive recent alcohol intake killing whatever brain cells were still functioning!

Well done, @Castellan

The only way to catch you now is by miracle of brain-freeze.  So please enjoy as much egg-nog, mulled wine, and hot toddies as you can over the next few days.

:cheers:

To everyone else, I was hoping the spirit of Christmas would encourage you all to provide easy clues for this round.  I see I was mistaken. :wacko:

21 hours ago, Castellan said:

What is the name of this castle anyway? I confess I have been busy with a raven message game and not paid much attention.

You have to find it by yourself, then it might be a little bit yours, and I cannot take it away* :ninja:

*Yes, I can :smug: I can everything!

Also, I hate most of the new clues for being not mine and my clue for being mine :angry: Hate it

Archived