Acrophilia #18 - ... and the winner is ...

Julia H.

A humongous thanks to the remarkable host  :cheers:  7 rounds is a gargantuan game!

Well played all, especially to Castellan and Jez :cheers:

Maybe one day I'll find the motivation to play during every round :dunno:

Maybe I need to reread the books too :read:

A gruelling game to the players, I don't know if it was even harder for the host. She has set the bar SO high..... 

I really fell to pieces (more than usual) in the last round and assumed I would not win the game. Congrats to everyone who plugged away and played the game.

I should tell a certain shadow that we really were playing as a team (until she stuck that stuff all over my castle), because I got the super theme as a result of contemplating her list that matched the seven players to our host's list of seven attributes that could be used to win the game. It set off vague inklings and at some point the fact that Julia H had initially said she hadn't decided how many rounds there would be, and later set it at 7, popped into my head.....

Thank you, Julia.  This was an amazing game.

I know how much I have troubled you throughout the game.  Our wonderful host has managed 7 of us through 7 rounds, over the holidays, while being so imaginative and always so kind. :bowdown:

Congrats to everyone just for getting through it!

Well done, Castellan, and a special thanks to Dolorous Gabe and Shadow for taking some time off and allowing me to tinkle ahead somewhat. :cheers:

4 hours ago, Castellan said:

(stuck that stuff all over my castle)

:pirate:

The lions were given have taken my castle

They've taken the rivers and hills

And built a small (inferior! :smug:) wall through my valleys

And wished all the bears from my rills*

*or have they?

:ninja: 

The patience of the host is GIGANTIC :ninja: And of the winner! I do not think anybody deserved it more, ever. Except me, always :ninja: 

4 hours ago, Castellan said:

list that matched the seven players

I did think then that was the super theme, but not really. If I thought it really, I would not have tried to spoil it.

Most of anything I did correct were accidents. I think they happened as a part of my brain was trying to force through from the sides, but I was not having it :pirate:  I was more curious about absolutely not thinking about it even when I was thinking about it :ninja: 

Bell is a great second place!

47 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

Bell is a great second place!

I'll say! I was relieved to see she had the super theme early too, because I kept thinking she probably didn't but was doing so well anyway.

It was a lot of pressure to have the super theme and still find myself tied in knots unable to get themes. I mean there are only about five components max in anyone's avatar. And yet....

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

I'll say! I was relieved to see she had the super theme early too, because I kept thinking she probably didn't but was doing so well anyway.

It was a lot of pressure to have the super theme and still find myself tied in knots unable to get themes. I mean there are only about five components max in anyone's avatar. And yet....

I thought I had it early, but then I got tripped up in round 3.  I didn't link disguises to Ser straight away, at first thinking this was my round (people disguised as "commoners").  I messed up again in Round 5, sure that was Bran's round (people who helped to raise/teach Bran Stark), likely because I had Catelyn for that round. 

Alas, the rest of you are too good to catch, even with an advantage :D

It was such a fun theme.  I had all kinds of lists made up for each up you, trying to anticipate what Julia would choose.  With everything from pirates to poison.  I was almost always wrong.  

45 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

I would like a game where people play in pairs (it would be interesting how discussions go), but we do not have many players at the moment...

But maybe even with just three pairs it would be interesting to have a small game like that, after this one? :ninja: 

I would play. 

well the raisin theme made me think there was something fishy going on, but it never developed into a solid idea...the first 3 themes made me think of alternate reality and i never moved past it...cheers to everyone for doing so well as i stumbled around in the dark trying to figure out what the hell shadows and raisins had in common  :shocked:

shockingly, i had little time to deal with themes since the clues were stomping a mudhole in my butt...i could've used a partner, hell i could have used a group...some of the clues this game were just sadistically hard...   

:bowdown: to all y'alls abilities to solve these ever more difficult games...

and i have discovered that Miss Julia, the host of hosts, would be a hell of a D&D dungeon master...thanks for the most frustrating game i have ever played anytime ...anywhere... :cheers:

now i shall go sniff something...

:smoking:

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Doesn't that go without saying? Have we accidentally made this into the Answering Questions With Questions thread?

Would it even be surprising?

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I have a slightly evil variation of the game that could work for playing in pairs. Just a one-round thing perhaps?

A slightly evil variation?  :whip: I can hear all these exhausted players whispering that I deserve to be a player in such a game. :fencing: So why not?

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I have a slightly evil variation of the game that could work for playing in pairs. Just a one-round thing perhaps?

As long as it's not Acrophilia!: the Musical, I'm all in 

I was taking to be the host, but if somebody else already has an idea, then they can go away ahead and do it.

But I only would be fair as a partner to only one person, I think, as I really really really stopped remembering any parts of the books I read. Only those I did not :ninja: 

I was picturing a relaxing game of acrophobia (when I play it after a while I start thinking I want to play acrophilia) but I will throw myself in the evil pit where I will probably just sink.

I wonder if its something where he gives us half a hint each?

1 hour ago, a free shadow said:

I was taking to be the host, but if somebody else already has an idea, then they can go away ahead and do it.

But I only would be fair as a partner to only one person, I think, as I really really really stopped remembering any parts of the books I read. Only those I did not :ninja: 

You may host the partner game if you wish. It was only that I realised my idea might work well with the concept of working in pairs. You could do yours and then I could do mine.

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

I was picturing a relaxing game of acrophobia (when I play it after a while I start thinking I want to play acrophilia) but I will throw myself in the evil pit where I will probably just sink.

I wonder if its something where he gives us half a hint each?

To be honest I would love a relaxing game of Acrophobia! There are times I curse myself for starting this Acrophilia madness!

On 4 January 2018 at 4:49 AM, a free shadow said:

I am too busy covering Castellan's castle in sticky materials :ninja: 

Proof. It was my castle at least from this point!

Accusations of theft are shadowy and will not stand in the light of day.

Anyway the whole point of being a castellan is to get a free castle.

Archived