Acrophilia #18 - ... and the winner is ...

Julia H.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:47 PM, Raisin' Bran said:

I was convinced #5 was Dunk and nothing was going to change my mind. 

I might not be correct, but it is my understanding that the characters are limited to the ones that appear in the books? I also did not read anything outside and a lot of inside of the five books, I am sorry if it looked like I did.

58 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

1. Castellan: 92

Down with the pretender! :pirate::pirate:  

:laugh:

Forward, just leave me! :ninja: 

Now that I accidentally gave a nearly acceptable imitation of a stand, I feel like my job as a defending player is done and I can half-retire on purpose during the next rounds :ninja: 

Thank to to the host for continuing to do sooooo much work.

Way to go, shadow! and Jezzie Bell. I was the last person to get the theme, I am sure, and I have to thank whoever asked for an extension!

I voted for Mr Egg Fry, a wonderful clue, but want to give an HM to the Penny clue, which I thought had a little edge, showing her personality as she presents it to the big people.

17 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Now that I accidentally gave a nearly acceptable imitation of a stand, I feel like my job as a defending player is done and I can half-retire on purpose during the next rounds :ninja: 

17 hours ago, Castellan said:

Way to go, shadow! and Jezzie Bell. 

Remember, the Book of Ancient Knowledge needs to be found.

So yes, the bell is ringing now, but you can hardly hear it at the moment - as soon as it started ringing, the trapdoor on which you were (unwittingly) standing opened, and now you are faaaaaaaaaaaalling... Ouch! You hit the ground with a thud, but, luckily, you have fallen on something soft. (But where are you?) Unfortunately, you also find yourself surrounded by people. Strangers. You stare at them quite scared. But panic not, my friend. One of those locals needs your help and can give you help in return. So who is that person? Can you find them?

1. Bound northwards, break nearby virtual silver chain.

2. Religiously fanatical wife. Rebuffed repeatedly.

3. Bride/nurse broke nation. Voluptuous/slender curves?

4.  Rivers flow.  Waters run red.

5. Brave northerner butchered. Noxious validation: "suitable chastening".

6. "Revenge" fulfilled whereas revenge robbed.

7. Bedmaid notoriously bedded. (Nuptials vitiated.) Storm coming.

8. Rabbits for wolves! Reply refused.

9. Between nuptials, bedtime - nincompoop very suckily captured.

Theme: ???

Yes, there are nine clues now. To be honest, I made two clues simply because I couldn't choose between two characters. That's the only reason. :blush: I don't know how that will affect you all.

A warning: There may be a couple of somewhat obscure characters on the list this time. But you don't need any extra books besides the five main ones to have the necessary information about any of the characters. (So no Duncan the Tall, for example.) 

Help options:

You can ask your character to help you twice in the usual ways (yes-no question, random information, spying mission).

In addition, there is a secret character behind every character this round. Besides the two help requests from your own character, once you can also ask for secret help. It means you can ask one of the secret characters to help you. (You choose a clue and request secret help from the secret character behind the subject of that clue. It doesn't matter whether you have solved that clue or not. It can even be your own clue if that is what you want.) However, in this case, you cannot specify what kind of help you want. The secret character will send you one word, and it's your job to decide what to do with it. 

There will be two theme prelims because I think you may need it (although I may be mistaken).

Deadline: Friday December 15th, 8 a.m., Central European Time.

well i asked for the extension so congrats to Castellan for making the best of it...and to the rest of you who got theme...

i, on the other hand, searched every word i could think of including bells but there were so many chiming clanging ringing bells for weddings for deaths...and i wanted number 4 to be viserys...or jorah...but when i finally solved it i thought ok you have all the answers now what is theme...

ah well...such is life

:smoking:

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

i, on the other hand, searched every word i could think of including bells but there were so many chiming clanging ringing bells for weddings for deaths...

Indeed, I considered including Eddard and Joffrey and even Robert on the list because their deaths are very strongly associated with bells ringing. In the end, I decided to go with some more obvious bell associations, also excluding the most obvious ones (Bella and Jinglebells) though. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, a free shadow said:

I might not be correct, but it is my understanding that the characters are limited to the ones that appear in the books?

From the OP

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, Julia H. said:

In reply to the PM’s, I will send each player an ASOIAF character for which the player will create a clue

So thank you for being on top of things.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:30 AM, jezzie_bell said:

I'm there with you, my friend.

well hell then girl light a match and lets blaze a bowl... :commie:

On 12/13/2017 at 9:39 AM, Julia H. said:

A secret hint to those who are struggling with the theme:

Reveal hidden contents

The secret character who can provide secret help is also a secret theme hint - in some way.

a secret within a secret wrapped up in secrets....well that certainly cleared things up

:shocked:

Archived