NFL 2017: The Injury Report Is The Best Team In the League

Manhole Eunuchsbane

17 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

:lmao:

They need to end this charade and take it to the Supreme Court. Will the notorious RBG lay down the law? Will Gorsuch ruffle more feathers? Will Kennedy be the swing vote? Will the ghost of Scalia think this is beneath him, even though he’s 6 feet under? Stay tuned and find out and the next episode of Draggin Ballz Zeke.

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is Bradford out for the year? That's news to me. And Teddy is still hurt too. Also, you forgot the guy who almost lost a leg last week.

Well Teddy got hurt last year, so I didn't include him for that reason. Not 100% sure about Bradford, but it sure as hell seems like he's done and is just hedging on surgery, which is likely to put a period on his career, methinks. I didn't include Miller mostly because I don't think he's a blue chipper at this point.

22 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Well Teddy got hurt last year, so I didn't include him for that reason. Not 100% sure about Bradford, but it sure as hell seems like he's done and is just hedging on surgery, which is likely to put a period on his career, methinks. I didn't include Miller mostly because I don't think he's a blue chipper at this point.

Yeah, but the kids leg did this.

#StormTrooperLivesMatter

#NotAllStormTroopers

#TheSouthWereRebelsToo

The plot thickens...

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, owners Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft, and Bob McNair will be deposed and asked to turn over all cell phone and email records in relation to the Colin Kaepernick collusion case against the NFL.

Things are heating up here. Others will be deposed as well, according to Schefter, but those three have been confirmed. Jones is known to be the head honcho among NFL owners, with maybe even more power than commissioner Roger Goodell. McNair is already in hot water with the players regarding his "inmates" remarks, and his team just passed on Kaepernick in order to sign Matt McGloin and T.J. Yates in the aftermath of Deshaun Watson's torn ACL.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Geragos's prediction might just come to pass. Seems to me it would be much cheaper for the league to just give him a job at this point.

Yeah, make the Jaguars do it.  They're virtually guaranteed a playoff spot if they do it, now that Watson is out. 

27 minutes ago, sperry said:

This is exactly why I thought he would be signed either this week or next.

It would really make sense for a team to do so. The sheer number of injuries this year make it horribly irresponsible to not have a competent backup for any potential playoff bound team (is it too late to get Jimmy G back?). Especially teams with mobile quarterbacks.

• Team / Backup
  • Atlanta: Matt Schaub  -- I don't care about scheme -- get anyone else
  • Buffalo: Nathan Peterman -- who?
  • Carolina: Derek Anderson -- it ain't 5 years ago and he wasn't good then
  • Dallas: Cooper Rush -- who?
  • Detroit: Jake Rudock -- again, WHO?
  • Seattle: Austin Davis -- we've been there before -- yuck (also, I thought it was still Trevone Boykin)
  • Tennessee: Matt Cassel -- you're done if he's starting

Any injury to the starters would make these teams one and done in the playoffs 99 times out of 100.

At the same time, the chances that you can do anything special if you have a backup QB are so very small that it's pretty hard to fathom it being something to plan on, and one could argue that you should maximize your best shot, not attempt to minimize the worst, at least at QB. Other positions are of course not nearly as defined.

5 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

At the same time, the chances that you can do anything special if you have a backup QB are so very small that it's pretty hard to fathom it being something to plan on, and one could argue that you should maximize your best shot, not attempt to minimize the worst, at least at QB. Other positions are of course not nearly as defined.

Ernie Accorsi once said that if quarterback is the most important position, backup quarterback is the second most important.

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Ernie Accorsi once said that if quarterback is the most important position, backup quarterback is the second most important.

And yet the only backup that has done much in the modern era was what, Tom Brady? And before that Steve Young?

Even more amusing to me, when Tom Brady went down the Pats did...fine, but they didn't go anywhere with Cassel (though Cassel got a big bit of change out of it). 

I think it's important to have a QB that can come in and help you for a few weeks and keep you at 500 if someone's out, but planning on having one that can take you through the playoffs seems silly. 

Archived