NFL 2017: The Injury Report Is The Best Team In the League

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

I can. I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts until the season ends. That's just how the Giants roll. Although the NY media is crucifying him on a daily basis so the brass may be forced into doing this before they want to. If it is done during the season then I think it will be after a home game when Mara sees empty seats and can't take it anymore.

Either way I hope they fire McAdoo, Reece and Spags. Keep losing and get a top 3 pick and draft Rosen or some young QB. Trade a defensive guy or two to open up cap space and just start this thing over.

I can't see how it would make sense to fire him in-season. The legendary 'send a message' routine isn't what this team needs. It needs a new front office, a new coaching staff, a new QB, a new offensive line, and a new RB situation.

God DAMN the Giants' running game is a tragedy! Does anyone else remember the names of Earth, Wind, and Fire? Fire ended up getting fired in Tampa with Rahiim Morris' Youngry Bucs, Wind just fell off the face of the goddamn earth, and I wanna say Earth ended his career in like San Francisco with John Harbaugh.

When's the last time they had a good back? I thought the Colts were wandering the wilderness, but at least 96 year old Frank Gore is a recognizable landmark. And there was that tree that looked like Vick Ballard, too.

What I'm trying to get at is I agree. The Giants shouldn't fire McAdoodoo yet, whoever takes over might put some of the talent on this team's defense to good use.

Can you imagine Steve Spagnolo as the HC of a team with a defensive roster like the Giants? Shit, he'd probably only be losing games most of the time.

37 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

God DAMN the Giants' running game is a tragedy! Does anyone else remember the names of Earth, Wind, and Fire? Fire ended up getting fired in Tampa with Rahiim Morris' Youngry Bucs, Wind just fell off the face of the goddamn earth, and I wanna say Earth ended his career in like San Francisco with John Harbaugh.

I'm pretty sure Ahmed Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs were two of the three, but I'm clueless on the third.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Good list, LoveRock. No beef, except that you didn't spend nearly long enough talking about how awful the Browns are.

Seriously, if anyone's gonna be around until the game is over, I'd love to spend all five minutes talking shit about the Browns.

I also can't pass up a chance when someone wants to shit on the Browns...Ben Roethlisberger has more wins IN Cleveland (11) than any Browns QB does since they returned to the league. Derek Anderson is in 2nd place with 10. Factory of Sadness in full effect.

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

I believe Ward actually had a 1000 yard season too. The O-line was awesome back then. I loved Bradshaw but he couldn't stay healthy, obviously. 

Yeah if memory serves didn't he and Jacobs both flirt with that mark in 09 on the same team?

7 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah if memory serves didn't he and Jacobs both flirt with that mark in 09 on the same team?

The interweb tells me that they both ran for over 1000 yards in 2008. They averaged 5.0 yards/carry that year as a team. 

21 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I also can't pass up a chance when someone wants to shit on the Browns...Ben Roethlisberger has more wins IN Cleveland (11) than any Browns QB does since they returned to the league. Derek Anderson is in 2nd place with 10. Factory of Sadness in full effect.

That's nuts. 

34 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

That makes sense.  I mean they did try to run a QB sneak for a TD on Sunday...from the 2 yard line...with 10 seconds left in the half....with no timeouts.  I don't know if that was the planned call or their QB took it upon himself, but damn, it was bad.

11 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I hope they don't fire McAdoo yet simply because I want more of this insanity. https://deadspin.com/how-ben-mcadoo-rallied-the-giants-at-halftime-um-1820175685

They can’t fire him, he’s too important to the looks like game. We already lost Tomsula too soon.

I'll leave this here since the FF thread is largely dead.

I was projected to go 8-0 over the last two weeks in Westeros leagues, so naturally I went 2-6, going 2-2 this week, and I failed to survive. This week had so many oddities that each deserves their own summary.

I have no freaking idea how I lost in W-B. Like how? I was projected to win this game by over 50 points. I’m the league’s juggernaut facing the worst team. And somehow I lost by 8 points. My QB play was underwhelming, *pauses to cry again about Watson*, but everyone else did their job. I did leave some points on the bench, but still, I cannot believe this result. After the noon games Yahoo said I had a 90% chance to win this game and I had more players going than my opponent, so I decided to go out with some friends. And then a whole lot of failure happened, with one team in particular to blame. Cowboys, you suck! ARG! Still, I might hold on to my top spot, and if not, I’ll be in second with a three way tie at the top which isn’t the end of the world.

W-C was a fun comeback. I was down by 30 going into the game last night and wasn’t expecting to win with two players left for both teams. My opponent didn’t have world beaters going for him with Parker and Carolina’s D, but I figured that world be enough. And then Cam Newton said bleep that, with Landry adding in another 10 points. After 6 weeks my team was clearly the best in the league at 5-1, but the last three weeks were a nightmare. This win righted the ship and now we’re 6-4 and top three in the league. This team is still flawed in that I almost have too many good options so it makes it hard to set a lineup, but those really are first world problems.

My Dynasty team is a mess. Why did I get handed this garbage? I feel like going forward, if an owner relinquishes their team then their players’ contracts should be null and void and they should go back into the draft. The person who owned this team before me had no idea what they were doing. And of course, my one good contract, again Watson, had his knee explode. Great……

I won a nail biter in Thunderdome. And oddly, after starting 0-3, I might actually make the playoffs. I honestly thought the team I drafted was really good, but I’ve caught a lot of close losses which stinks. I guess that shouldn’t be shocking though given how thin this league is. This is the first 16 person league I’ve ever played in. Also, how many teams make the playoffs? Is it the standard six or eight? Oh and once again, Watson, *begins to cry again*.

Lastly, man that was a fun run in Survivor. I already had one miracle comeback, so I guess asking for a second would be greedy. I needed McCaffrey to get 22 points to guarantee that I survived, and boy did he come close. He got the two TDs he needed, but not the yards, and worse, Cam missed him on a wide open screen pass at the beginning of the 4th that might have gone for a 70 yard TD. The only people in front of him were his three blockers. But ultimately I only have myself to blame. Just before the Sunday games I swapped Abdullah out for Powell, and the former scored 10 more points than the latter. I’m not even sure why I did this. The other bad move was trading for and starting Taylor or McCown. If I had avoided one of these two moves I’d be alive, but when you play at the margins, you’ve got to be right. Oh well, it was fun anyways, and that Succup comeback game was probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing FF.  That’s life, and now I can focus more on securing playoff spots in the two feeder leagues.

10 hours ago, Fiddler said:

That makes sense.  I mean they did try to run a QB sneak for a TD on Sunday...from the 2 yard line...with 10 seconds left in the half....with no timeouts.  I don't know if that was the planned call or their QB took it upon himself, but damn, it was bad.

I've seen a couple of articles that Kizer audibled into that sneak. Maybe he just wants to ensure that Cleveland has the first pick and get whatever QB they want in April, so they can deal him to a team with hope.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

My Dynasty team is a mess. Why did I get handed this garbage? I feel like going forward, if an owner relinquishes their team then their players’ contracts should be null and void and they should go back into the draft. The person who owned this team before me had no idea what they were doing. And of course, my one good contract, again Watson, had his knee explode. Great……

I see no problem with the concept of letting a new owner choose between taking over an existing franchise or being granted an expansion one.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I see no problem with the concept of letting a new owner choose between taking over an existing franchise or being granted an expansion one.

I am willing to consider some kind of waiver rule for Ty and Manhole at the end of the season. Perhaps if the owners agree they could each release a limited number of players without incurring cap penalties, or perhaps a limited duration.

28 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I am willing to consider some kind of waiver rule for Ty and Manhole at the end of the season. Perhaps if the owners agree they could each release a limited number of players without incurring cap penalties, or perhaps a limited duration.

I didn't really have quite the same issue as Ty. I just dropped all the players I had no interest in. The penalty wasn't that bad, really. I was able to clear some cap space by doing as Bronn Stone suggested and dealing a high priced star for a much lower priced player.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I didn't really have quite the same issue as Ty. I just dropped all the players I had no interest in. The penalty wasn't that bad, really. I was able to clear some cap space by doing as Bronn Stone suggested and dealing a high priced star for a much lower priced player.

Was that us? I don't remember. I'm very high.

Archived