NFL 2017: The Injury Report Is The Best Team In the League

Manhole Eunuchsbane

57 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I am willing to consider some kind of waiver rule for Ty and Manhole at the end of the season. Perhaps if the owners agree they could each release a limited number of players without incurring cap penalties, or perhaps a limited duration.

I’m not looking for any special treatment at the end of the season. I was just suggesting that going forward it might be a good idea to allow a new owner to tinker with their team a bit. I got stuck with two guys I probably wouldn’t even bid on who are eating up 30% of my cap space.

18 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I don't believe that they can force Jerry Jones out of the league; doing so would seriously harm their antitrust status. 

There is that, but I think the other reason the owners would not disenfranchise Jones (which is what they would be doing) it would open each of them up to possible disenfranchisement later on for, basically, raising a stink.  Also, the lawsuit Jones would file would last 20 years and wreak havoc on the sport which, strangely, finds itself in a precarious position. 

51 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The utter collapse of Joe Flacco is nearly as mysterious as the previous success of Joe Flacco.

You said it. I remember watching him throw for under a hundred-fifty yards in primetime on multiple occasions against teams like the Jags. That dude rode a hot and lucky month of his life to being worth over a hundred million dollars.

Shit, I'll throw on a skirt and pom poms for Case Keenum, but the Vikings could go undefeated and win the superbowl this year and there's zero chance I'm advocating anything more than a chance to start somewhere for the kid.

28 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You said it. I remember watching him throw for under a hundred-fifty yards in primetime on multiple occasions against teams like the Jags. That dude rode a hot and lucky month of his life to being worth over a hundred million dollars.

It is like the benevolent spirit that occupied Joe and brought him good fortune moved out and occupied Alex Smith.

28 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Shit, I'll throw on a skirt and pom poms for Case Keenum, but the Vikings could go undefeated and win the superbowl this year and there's zero chance I'm advocating anything more than a chance to start somewhere for the kid.

Who wouldn't?

I think it's fairly safe to guess that the Browns, 49ers and Giants will have the top three picks this year. Considering that there are likely going to be three highly touted QBs in this draft, do you think they all go 1, 2, 3 or do any of these teams trade out of their positions? All three of them could get a monster haul, but all three probably need a QB more. The Browns already have accumulated a lot of picks and it appears that they're not sold on Kizer. The 49ers got handsome Jimmy, but how can they be sold that he's a franchise QB with such a small sample size? And Eli is clearly washed. It will be interesting to see what they do. 

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think it's fairly safe to guess that the Browns, 49ers and Giants will have the top three picks this year. Considering that there are likely going to be three highly touted QBs in this draft, do you think they all go 1, 2, 3 or do any of these teams trade out of their positions? All three of them could get a monster haul, but all three probably need a QB more. The Browns already have accumulated a lot of picks and it appears that they're not sold on Kizer. The 49ers got handsome Jimmy, but how can they be sold that he's a franchise QB with such a small sample size? And Eli is clearly washed. It will be interesting to see what they do. 

I'm guessing the Niners will likely try to trade out of that spot. Unless Handsome Jimmy just sucks eggs right off the jump.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Who wouldn't?

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Case looked like he was about to get benched last week. 

I think that's nonsense, he threw a couple of picks so what! The dude was the re-incarnation of Brett Favre out there on Sunday, Kase Ceenum is what I always wanted Jay Cutler to be. The picks let the Washingtons back into the game, but the Vikings were so far ahead because Keenum was droppin' change all over the field.

You roll with that dude until he either comes back to earth or gets hurt.

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

See above, for a reference. There are about to be so many interesting QB possibilities on the market this year. The 49'ers might like Garappolo, Cousins is in play, there's up to 3 or 4 big QB prospects, Jacoby Brisket or Andrew Luck are floating around, Eli might be looking for work, god knows there's going to be some type of exodus from Minnesota if Keenum somehow continues to play well.

Just think about the Vikings alone. If Keenum completely craters from here on out the Vikings will turn to Bridgewater, at that point Keenum will still be on the roster next year. The question then becomes how Teddy plays. If he plays well, then the Vikings are likely to retain him and Keenum in this situation leaving Bradford to look for options.

If Keenum plays well, god forbid he play well in a playoff game or two, then you could be looking at

1) The vikings trade Keenum and commit to Teddy.

2) The Vikings go with Case and Teddy hits the market.

3) The Vikings let Teddy walk and package Keenum in either a move on one of the available guys or to get their hands on one of the rookies.

Absolute madness!!!

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I think that's nonsense, he threw a couple of picks so what! The dude was the re-incarnation of Brett Favre out there on Sunday, Kase Ceenum is what I always wanted Jay Cutler to be. The picks let the Washingtons back into the game, but the Vikings were so far ahead because Keenum was droppin' change all over the field.

I believe that the statement, ambiguously made, was that Keenum looked like a candidate for benching BEFORE the kickoff of the game against Washington.

13 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I believe that the statement, ambiguously made, was that Keenum looked like a candidate for benching BEFORE the kickoff of the game against Washington.

You're out of your mind! It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Yeah, I may have misinterpreted. I thought he was talking about after the picks.

57 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Tywin said Keenum looked like he was going to be benched "last week." Last week, if you take that to mean before the Redskins game, the Vikings were on bye, and before that, they had won 4 games straight. Candidate for benching? Naw, pretty sure Jace read it the right way. And I agree with Jace, you don't put 38 points on the board and clinch a 5th straight win this far into the season and get benched. 

4 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Tywin said Keenum looked like he was going to be benched "last week." Last week, if you take that to mean before the Redskins game, the Vikings were on bye, and before that, they had won 4 games straight. Candidate for benching? Naw, pretty sure Jace read it the right way. And I agree with Jace, you don't put 38 points on the board and clinch a 5th straight win this far into the season and get benched. 

So I guess you're trying to make

*puts on sunglasses*

A Case for Keenum over troubled Bridgewater?

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!

9 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I definitely read items during that week after the bye and before the Redskins games speculating that the Vikings were contemplating starting Teddy Bridgewater as soon as he was ready. 

Archived