Manhole Eunuchsbane

NFL 2017: The Injury Report Is The Best Team In the League

402 posts in this topic

I'll leave this here since the FF thread is largely dead.

I was projected to go 8-0 over the last two weeks in Westeros leagues, so naturally I went 2-6, going 2-2 this week, and I failed to survive. This week had so many oddities that each deserves their own summary.

I have no freaking idea how I lost in W-B. Like how? I was projected to win this game by over 50 points. I’m the league’s juggernaut facing the worst team. And somehow I lost by 8 points. My QB play was underwhelming, *pauses to cry again about Watson*, but everyone else did their job. I did leave some points on the bench, but still, I cannot believe this result. After the noon games Yahoo said I had a 90% chance to win this game and I had more players going than my opponent, so I decided to go out with some friends. And then a whole lot of failure happened, with one team in particular to blame. Cowboys, you suck! ARG! Still, I might hold on to my top spot, and if not, I’ll be in second with a three way tie at the top which isn’t the end of the world.

W-C was a fun comeback. I was down by 30 going into the game last night and wasn’t expecting to win with two players left for both teams. My opponent didn’t have world beaters going for him with Parker and Carolina’s D, but I figured that world be enough. And then Cam Newton said bleep that, with Landry adding in another 10 points. After 6 weeks my team was clearly the best in the league at 5-1, but the last three weeks were a nightmare. This win righted the ship and now we’re 6-4 and top three in the league. This team is still flawed in that I almost have too many good options so it makes it hard to set a lineup, but those really are first world problems.

My Dynasty team is a mess. Why did I get handed this garbage? I feel like going forward, if an owner relinquishes their team then their players’ contracts should be null and void and they should go back into the draft. The person who owned this team before me had no idea what they were doing. And of course, my one good contract, again Watson, had his knee explode. Great……

I won a nail biter in Thunderdome. And oddly, after starting 0-3, I might actually make the playoffs. I honestly thought the team I drafted was really good, but I’ve caught a lot of close losses which stinks. I guess that shouldn’t be shocking though given how thin this league is. This is the first 16 person league I’ve ever played in. Also, how many teams make the playoffs? Is it the standard six or eight? Oh and once again, Watson, *begins to cry again*.

Lastly, man that was a fun run in Survivor. I already had one miracle comeback, so I guess asking for a second would be greedy. I needed McCaffrey to get 22 points to guarantee that I survived, and boy did he come close. He got the two TDs he needed, but not the yards, and worse, Cam missed him on a wide open screen pass at the beginning of the 4th that might have gone for a 70 yard TD. The only people in front of him were his three blockers. But ultimately I only have myself to blame. Just before the Sunday games I swapped Abdullah out for Powell, and the former scored 10 more points than the latter. I’m not even sure why I did this. The other bad move was trading for and starting Taylor or McCown. If I had avoided one of these two moves I’d be alive, but when you play at the margins, you’ve got to be right. Oh well, it was fun anyways, and that Succup comeback game was probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing FF.  That’s life, and now I can focus more on securing playoff spots in the two feeder leagues.

10 hours ago, Fiddler said:

That makes sense.  I mean they did try to run a QB sneak for a TD on Sunday...from the 2 yard line...with 10 seconds left in the half....with no timeouts.  I don't know if that was the planned call or their QB took it upon himself, but damn, it was bad.

I've seen a couple of articles that Kizer audibled into that sneak. Maybe he just wants to ensure that Cleveland has the first pick and get whatever QB they want in April, so they can deal him to a team with hope.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

My Dynasty team is a mess. Why did I get handed this garbage? I feel like going forward, if an owner relinquishes their team then their players’ contracts should be null and void and they should go back into the draft. The person who owned this team before me had no idea what they were doing. And of course, my one good contract, again Watson, had his knee explode. Great……

I see no problem with the concept of letting a new owner choose between taking over an existing franchise or being granted an expansion one.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I see no problem with the concept of letting a new owner choose between taking over an existing franchise or being granted an expansion one.

I am willing to consider some kind of waiver rule for Ty and Manhole at the end of the season. Perhaps if the owners agree they could each release a limited number of players without incurring cap penalties, or perhaps a limited duration.

28 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I am willing to consider some kind of waiver rule for Ty and Manhole at the end of the season. Perhaps if the owners agree they could each release a limited number of players without incurring cap penalties, or perhaps a limited duration.

I didn't really have quite the same issue as Ty. I just dropped all the players I had no interest in. The penalty wasn't that bad, really. I was able to clear some cap space by doing as Bronn Stone suggested and dealing a high priced star for a much lower priced player.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I didn't really have quite the same issue as Ty. I just dropped all the players I had no interest in. The penalty wasn't that bad, really. I was able to clear some cap space by doing as Bronn Stone suggested and dealing a high priced star for a much lower priced player.

Was that us? I don't remember. I'm very high.

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No, I traded AJ Green to the aforementioned Bronn for TY Hilton. It was like a $36.00 for $6.00 swap.

Are you sure? That sounds like something I would have done.

57 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I’m not looking for any special treatment at the end of the season. I was just suggesting that going forward it might be a good idea to allow a new owner to tinker with their team a bit. I got stuck with two guys I probably wouldn’t even bid on who are eating up 30% of my cap space.

Is Flacco elite? You decide:

Number of completions for negative yards: 12

Number of completions for more than 20 yards: 10

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is Flacco elite? You decide:

Number of completions for negative yards: 12

Number of completions for more than 20 yards: 10

Fake News.

The utter collapse of Joe Flacco is nearly as mysterious as the previous success of Joe Flacco.

18 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I don't believe that they can force Jerry Jones out of the league; doing so would seriously harm their antitrust status. 

There is that, but I think the other reason the owners would not disenfranchise Jones (which is what they would be doing) it would open each of them up to possible disenfranchisement later on for, basically, raising a stink.  Also, the lawsuit Jones would file would last 20 years and wreak havoc on the sport which, strangely, finds itself in a precarious position. 

58 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Fake News.

Putin Puppet.

51 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The utter collapse of Joe Flacco is nearly as mysterious as the previous success of Joe Flacco.

You said it. I remember watching him throw for under a hundred-fifty yards in primetime on multiple occasions against teams like the Jags. That dude rode a hot and lucky month of his life to being worth over a hundred million dollars.

Shit, I'll throw on a skirt and pom poms for Case Keenum, but the Vikings could go undefeated and win the superbowl this year and there's zero chance I'm advocating anything more than a chance to start somewhere for the kid.

You said it. I remember watching him throw for under a hundred-fifty yards in primetime on multiple occasions against teams like the Jags. That dude rode a hot and lucky month of his life to being worth over a hundred million dollars.

It is like the benevolent spirit that occupied Joe and brought him good fortune moved out and occupied Alex Smith.

Shit, I'll throw on a skirt and pom poms for Case Keenum, but the Vikings could go undefeated and win the superbowl this year and there's zero chance I'm advocating anything more than a chance to start somewhere for the kid.

Who wouldn't?

Case looked like he was about to get benched last week. 

On 2017-11-12 at 8:30 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And the Niners finally get off the schneid! WOOT!

TF you cheering for? Moral victories? There are no moral victories. We want draft slots. Enjoy the moment...the moment’s GONE.

Just now, James Arryn said:

TF you cheering for? Moral victories? There are no moral victories. We want draft slots. Enjoy the moment...the moment’s GONE.

I know, I know, but it felt so right! Just one more little hit JA. I only want one more hit.

I think it's fairly safe to guess that the Browns, 49ers and Giants will have the top three picks this year. Considering that there are likely going to be three highly touted QBs in this draft, do you think they all go 1, 2, 3 or do any of these teams trade out of their positions? All three of them could get a monster haul, but all three probably need a QB more. The Browns already have accumulated a lot of picks and it appears that they're not sold on Kizer. The 49ers got handsome Jimmy, but how can they be sold that he's a franchise QB with such a small sample size? And Eli is clearly washed. It will be interesting to see what they do.