NFL 2017: The Injury Report Is The Best Team In the League

Manhole Eunuchsbane

16 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It was beautiful, but also really odd. And what was with the fog? They're in a fucking dome. Was that leftover smoke from the fireworks set off after the Dak TD? That whole play was bizarre.

All great legends have a fog.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

@Jaime L @Mathainet

What about Josh Doctson!

Helluva catch. A poetic way to make amends as his drop cost the Kansas City game whereas this catch won it. Pretty gutty, unexpected win. Big assist by Blair Walsh. 

Only quibble I have the final play. Why not have Doctson and/or Pryor on the field for the final Hail Mary? It took DeAngelo Hall making a helluva play to knock the ball away from Jimmy Graham. But counting on a 5'10" Hall to prevent 6'6" Graham from coming down with a jump ball does not feel wise. 

Oh and we gotta onsides kick! I kinda like these sneaky Jay Cutler Dolphins! Can't you just see them sneaking in the wildcard? And Cutler's done it before! He's beaten teams in the playoffs before! Remember the Bears were in the NFC Championship the year the Packers won the superbowl.

I'm just sayin!

I have a rules question.  If you are going for 2, and the ball is intercepted, the defense can return it for 2 points.  But what happens if, after the interception, there is a penalty on the offense trying to make the tackle?  Is that just enforced on the kickoff no matter what?  Because it seems like any sort of illegal tackle or block or anything is preferable to giving up those two points. 

36 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I have a rules question.  If you are going for 2, and the ball is intercepted, the defense can return it for 2 points.  But what happens if, after the interception, there is a penalty on the offense trying to make the tackle?  Is that just enforced on the kickoff no matter what?  Because it seems like any sort of illegal tackle or block or anything is preferable to giving up those two points. 

Pretty much. The offensive has an incentive to do whatever they can to prevent the defense from returning the ball.

Uhhh...

https://deadspin.com/jameis-winstons-pregame-speech-didnt-do-the-trick-1820178007

...I really didn't get the praise lavished on Winston during Hard Knocks for being a great leader. He gives the energy and effort, but he's just such a phony dope. I guess that probably is most NFL QBs though.

54 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

You clearly get an untimed down at the spot of the foul where Josh Norman and DeAngelo Hall and co. run an offensive play and Russell Wilson and the rest of the Seahawks offense has to play defense. 

10 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You clearly get an untimed down at the spot of the foul where Josh Norman and DeAngelo Hall and co. run an offensive play and Russell Wilson and the rest of the Seahawks offense has to play defense. 

I think that would be an ideal solution, personally.  Who doesn't want the NFL to be a little more fun? 

Also, fun fact, the combined record of the Redskins opponents through the first ten games is 54-26.  If you take out the one bad team we played (SF) it's 54-17, or 50-13 in non-Redskins games.  If you were trying to make the hardest possible schedule through ten games at the beginning of the season, I'm not sure you could get that kind of record.  For example, the top 10 teams in the week 1 NFL.com power rankings were (in order): Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Falcons, Steelers, Raiders, Giants, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals.  Those teams have a combined record of 48-41.  I'm not even mad, it's kind of amazing. 

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think that would be an ideal solution, personally.  Who doesn't want the NFL to be a little more fun? 

Also, fun fact, the combined record of the Redskins opponents through the first ten games is 54-26.  If you take out the one bad team we played (SF) it's 54-17, or 50-13 in non-Redskins games.  If you were trying to make the hardest possible schedule through ten games at the beginning of the season, I'm not sure you could get that kind of record.  For example, the top 10 teams in the week 1 NFL.com power rankings were (in order): Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Falcons, Steelers, Raiders, Giants, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals.  Those teams have a combined record of 48-41.  I'm not even mad, it's kind of amazing. 

Adding to your point, their next two weeks are against 6-2 teams. Fan-tastic.

ETA: Third place schedules ain't what they used to be. 

43 minutes ago, Week said:

Uhhh...

https://deadspin.com/jameis-winstons-pregame-speech-didnt-do-the-trick-1820178007

...I really didn't get the praise lavished on Winston during Hard Knocks for being a great leader. He gives the energy and effort, but he's just such a phony dope. I guess that probably is most NFL QBs though.

Agreed, never bought it. All the stories about Dirk Koetter finding him in the weight room reading books about leadership at 5 in the morning sound like some preening bullshit.

Is it too early to start throwing the B word around? He's officially worse than Mariota at this point, and Mariota has been good but not great.

6 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Adding to your point, their next two weeks are against 6-2 teams. Fan-tastic.

ETA: Third place schedules ain't what they used to be. 

I included those, I was talking about our first ten games, not our first eight.  Or to put it another way, 8 of our first 10 games are against teams that are 5-3 or better, including 6 games against current division leaders (the maximum possible in a season). 

Archived