US politics: Just another Mueller Monday

IheartIheartTesla

Going back to the media covering the tax cut proposal: since when are the NY Times, the NY Daily News, the LA Times, WaPo, the UK Guardian, the UK Independent, etc.  not considered the mainstream media?  They are print media, yah, but by now they have so much video they may as well be CNN. Their refresh rates are not the same, but they are frequent throughout the day.  NPR programs have been covering it all along, long before there was a bill, their financial shows and others were talking about the Rethug goals with tax cuts -- and I mean months, even years ago -- this is an ongoing subject.

Sources such as Alternet, Politico, Naked Capitalism, Vox, Daily Kos etc. are probably not mainstream -- and the boys running the Google algorithms are doing their best to keep them from even being found, when googling.  But these sources have been covering tax cuts and everything else too.

Print is still the best source for dependable information than television ever was or is now, or media news feeds such as FB have ever been or are now.  But one can follow people who are professionals in this subject on twitter and watch their discussions of it too -- and they are really discussing!  and arguing of course, as the trolls and bots show up.

But of course, no matter what form content takes, sex always leads, so nasty creeps doing nasty creep things drowns out almost everywhere tax cuts, Russian investigations, the orange's refusal to release his own tax returns -- maybe there aren't any even? he's too big for taxes as one now dead NYer declared herself to be some years back?

Speaking of tax cheats :

WASHINGTON

The Internal Revenue Service is demanding a whopping $7 billion or more in back taxes from the world’s most profitable hedge fund, whose boss’s wealth and cyber savvy helped Donald Trump pole-vault into the White House.

Suddenly, the government’s seven-year pursuit of Renaissance Technologies LLC is blanketed in political intrigue, now that the hedge fund’s reclusive, anti-establishment co-chief executive, Robert Mercer, has morphed into a political force who might be owed a big presidential favor.

With Trump in the Oval Office, Mercer and his daughter Rebekah, who has become his public voice, seem armed with political firepower every which way you look – and that’s even though presidential adviser Stephen Bannon, their former senior executive and political strategist, appears to have recently lost influence.

Again, returning to a comment I left in the previous US Politics roll, I honestly do not see our politics or anything else getting any better, but only worse, without reforming the media, starting with replacing the regulations governing all media before the Clintons took out all our rules and public protections with his Telecommunications Act of 1996, allowing Faux Noose to be unleashed -- as well as the end of local news, as we see continuing now, even with those entities that have tried to fill in for local news (New York Times, behind paywall so here is url instead of link -- however one can stories about this elsewhere on the web, one hopes!)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/03/opinion/dnainfo-gothamist-ricketts-union.html?

That Fox News has been fed all over the world as a monopoly, including in the US military, military transport, US airports -- and lordessa, save us -- even the Hampton Inn chain and so many more, along with decades of the Rush Limbaughs howling against the US government, Liberrrrrrrrrruls, gay, black, female -- people now as a matter of course believe lies because they see and hear nothing else, and haven't for decades.  I include my own family in this.  My brother's aero industry pumps this shyte directly into his office, and even into the labs where he spends most of his time as director of the projects on which he works.  Trying to get past this bs he's imbibed without ever once examining what he's hearing -- well, it's impossible.  Brainwashing, we've been having it even before 1984.

24 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Speaking of fake news, btw, who has been visited by antifa so far today, had her guns swiped and his house burned down, etc. etc. etc. etc.?

:tantrum:

Antifa trick-or-treated at my house and I gave them all rocks with the expectation that they will be thrown at fascists.  

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Oh yeah.  Aren't Real Americans supposed to need to defend themselves against the left's attempted takeover today?  

Will any True Believers have the veil come off once this doesn't happen?

I expect we'll learn that it was all shut down by the brave efforts and sacrifice of right wing bloggers and radio hosts.

Although I wouldn't rule out the chances of another Bowling Green Massacre or two. We must never forget.

16 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

I expect we'll learn that it was all shut down by the brave efforts and sacrifice of right wing bloggers and radio hosts.

Although I wouldn't rule out the chances of another Bowling Green Massacre or two. We must never forget.

Let's not downplay the herculean efforts of Frederick Douglass either. Lots  of people are talking about him.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Let's not downplay the herculean efforts of Frederick Douglass either. Lots  of people a talking about him.

If only he would show up for an interview on Fox News!    :angry2:     What is he afraid of?     :leaving:

6 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Did he ask her permission before he announced he wouldn't run?  ffs is she delusional? 

Yeah, this all just seems like pathetic finger-pointing and tit-for-tat between her and Hillary at this point. There's enough blame to go around, ladies. You both fucked up. Take your medicine and move on. Nice work causing further damage to the party in the name of book sales. Fucking pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Two months before the election is the best time to replace a candidate with someone who didn't even want to run

Donna Brazile for Sanders campaign manager 2020

Yeah, she's just revealing herself to be a bigger idiot than we already thought she was. This is revisionist nonsense. Go away, Donna.

7 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Seriously.  WTF?  The more I hear about the initial accusation towards Clinton the less shady it sounds, and now she's acting like she alone was the kingmaker somehow?  This smacks of so much post hoc opportunism in a way that maximizes the potential to divide the party at a time when it can least afford it.  

And all of it just to sell a few books? Fuck her.

Archived