US politics: Just another Mueller Monday

IheartIheartTesla

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Haven't seen anything. I'm just seeing millennial vote seems to be higher in high millennial counties (also Dem). Turnout is still down compared to a presidential year but it looks up from 2013 in places Dems need it to be up.

Well that sounds good overall. One of the things that I think Dems have going for them is that they know this is a race they can and should win, so enthusiasm should be up even if the candidate does nothing for your average Dem.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well that sounds good overall. One of the things that I think Dems have going for them is that they know this is a race they can and should win, so enthusiasm should be up even if the candidate does nothing for your average Dem.

Only thing is, I'm not seeing any information in the rest of the state. Everything that has come in is positive from Dem dominated counties but not seeing elsewhere. Turnout could be up there too and we don't know yet.

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also on a totally different note, I just got a push notice that the Senate GOP tax blueprint is looking very different from the House GOP's plan. That's an interesting development. 

Somewhat expected.  The lobbying is incredible.

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Only thing is, I'm not seeing any information in the rest of the state. Everything that has come in is positive from Dem dominated counties but not seeing elsewhere. Turnout could be up there too and we don't know yet.

Only time will tell I guess. Time to crack open a bottle. Can't decided if I'm going for the mid level whiskey or the nice scotch. Sad drinking expensive liquor doesn't sound all that fun, but happy drinking the good stuff is always worth it.

7 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Somewhat expected.  The lobbying is incredible.

This must be like your Superb Owl. 

If you were Bullish On Bush (or Brownback), start getting Pumped For Trump.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/11/penn-wharton-republican-tax-plan-would-do-almost-nothing-to-boost-gdp/

The Penn Wharton Business Model has analyzed the Republican Tax plan and reports back that it will have the following effect on GDP:

Trump Appoints Guy To Head IRS Whose Last Job Was Helping Rich People Avoid Paying Taxes

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/27/david-kautter-trumps-irs-chief-oversaw-accounting-firm-fined-for-illicitly-helping-wealthy-avoid-taxes/

/Me am tired always lose to Superfriends. Me go home to Bizarro World, where losing equals winning. 

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Only time will tell I guess. Time to crack open a bottle. Can't decided if I'm going for the mid level whiskey or the nice scotch. Sad drinking expensive liquor doesn't sound all that fun, but happy drinking the good stuff is always worth it.

This must be like your Superb Owl. 

OMG.  You have no idea.  There hasn't really been one since 1986.  And before then 1954.  The stuff that's happened here and there (Bush tax cuts, etc.) hasn't really changed too very much.  This is no 1986, but still.  Given that we are tax lawyers, this is more like the Triwizard Tournament than the "Big Game."  Particularly the bit at the end with Voldemort.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't think it matters, and I really don't care to know if she did or not. Not sure why relitigating 2008 would be beneficial when it's not even clear if relitigating 2016 is.

And it's not surprising, a lot of Obama people helped Clinton in 2016. Politics, like sports, heavily relies on copycatting other people's successes. 

It's important. Because if you're going into surgery to remove a cancer sometimes you find out the cancer is much more extensive than initially thought. We need to know how deep the Clinton cancer goes so we can put in place a sufficient recovery plan. Until we've excised the incompetents, we'll probably keep repeating the "successes" of 2010 and 2014.

1 minute ago, WinterFox said:

Aah, CNN is way behind. I've switched over to fivethirtyeight now

Lol

Ben Tribbett, who is kind of a semi-respectable commentator, has called it already. (For the good guys.)

And Wasserman from 538 too.

Wow, this is a fucking knock-out.

1 minute ago, WinterFox said:

Aah, CNN is way behind. I've switched over to fivethirtyeight now

Yeah, 538 is actually thinking of calling it for Northam at this point, which seems a smidgen premature. 

Looks like turnout among white liberals was way up relative to other gubernatorial elections.

Archived