US politics: Just another Mueller Monday

IheartIheartTesla

1 minute ago, WinterFox said:

Are you guys telling me to hope again?

I think we're in for a pretty exciting night, and not exciting in a "is democracy going to die" way as much as "exactly HOW much are we going to win" way.

EDIT: Fuck, wait, disregard that. No, don't start hoping for anything again, ever.

2 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

I thought you didn't hope for DINOs anyway. (Sorry, couldn't resist the chance for a little light teasing.)

Hey, fair game. I couldn't find that article I was reading either, I think I found it through Yahoo. 

On 11/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, WinterFox said:

Are you guys telling me to hope again?

Well, I certainly wouldn't advise you to strut around an aircraft carrier saying "Mission Accomplished", but perhaps a bit of cautious optimism is in order.
Of course, to be honest, I'm a bit of worrier, and won't be relieved until it's over.

Well, as good as the results are in Virginia for Dems (and they do appear to be good) the governor race is basically treading water; the real interesting thing is the state house race, which appears against all odds to possibly be switching or at least heavily leaning towards dems. The first transgender delegate looks to be in, a bunch of other races that dems barely looked at appear to be going for Dem, etc. 

That's interesting, and points to a possible swing back - especially for gerrymandering. That might give hope.

Also, I encourage all of you to volunteer as an election observer if at all possible. It's amazingly fascinating stuff, and I am really bought into the Washington state system of voting now after seeing it. Everyone should do vote-by-mail the way Washington does. It's simple, fast, has an absurd amount of transparency and everything is built around making sure that your vote counts. If there is a better system to do voting, I don't know it.

Archived