Counterfactual:ASOIAF

wolfmaid7

Any "The Big Bang Theory" fans on the board? Borrowed this game from show and thought it would be fun.

First, a question is posted about a hypothetical world that differs from the real world (in this case ASOIAF) in one key aspect.

To answer, you must post the answer and your defense of why the answer is right.

An example question and answer:

In a world where mankind is ruled by a giant intelligent beaver, what food is no longer consumed?

A: Cheese danish.

Defense: In a world ruled by a giant beaver, mankind builds many dams to please the beaver overlord. The low lying city of Copenhagen is flooded. Thousands die. Devastated, the Danes never invent their namesake pastry.

After 10-20 guesses  you may reveal your answer OR give a hint. The answers should be convoluted; that's the goal. 

The person with the closest answer (asker's discretion) will ask the next question.

I will get the ball rolling with one:

In a world where Howland Reed doesn't go to the Harrenhall Tourney ,who is crowned QOLAB?

Let's have a bit of fun.

3 minutes ago, Ahl of the House Cutler said:

Jon Connington

Because they couldn't hide it forever.

I wasn't thinking of him...But I am so curious and  I have a feeling you might split my side....Defend that some more just because I would love to hear it.

9 hours ago, Ahl of the House Cutler said:

Jon Connington

Because they couldn't hide it forever.

Ha, brilliant! You never know, I'm guessing Rhaegar knew about the infactuation and he might have thought it was funny. I don't think anyone is beating that, anyway.

Cersei Lannister- with Rhaegar not distracted, he defends Jaime's right to compete in the tourney and Aerys backs down. Jaime sends word to Cersei that he wants her to see him destroy all the competition. He does so, beating Rhaegar in the final tilt. He is so pumped up that he goes straight over to Cersei, crown her Queen of Love and Beauty, and sticks his tongue down her throat. Tywin promptly has a heart attack, Jaime swings Cersei down onto his horse and he rides for Casterly Rock. Cersei then declares Jaime has abandoned the Kingsguard, they have married, and are claiming independence as equal ruling King and Queen of the West.

And thus began the great Targ/Lannister War, or as the singers call it, the War of the Sister Fuckers.

13 hours ago, mankytoes said:

Ha, brilliant! You never know, I'm guessing Rhaegar knew about the infactuation and he might have thought it was funny. I don't think anyone is beating that, anyway.

Cersei Lannister- with Rhaegar not distracted, he defends Jaime's right to compete in the tourney and Aerys backs down. Jaime sends word to Cersei that he wants her to see him destroy all the competition. He does so, beating Rhaegar in the final tilt. He is so pumped up that he goes straight over to Cersei, crown her Queen of Love and Beauty, and sticks his tongue down her throat. Tywin promptly has a heart attack, Jaime swings Cersei down onto his horse and he rides for Casterly Rock. Cersei then declares Jaime has abandoned the Kingsguard, they have married, and are claiming independence as equal ruling King and Queen of the West.

And thus began the great Targ/Lannister War, or as the singers call it, the War of the Sister Fuckers.

This is funny.The answer is correct so I will accept it.Remember though it has to be in the vein of what's different.In a nutshell:

In a world where Howland Reed doesn't go to the Tourney:

1.The KOTLT doesn't make his/her appearance.Tourney continues on as usuall.

3.Lyanna gets crowned.

Mankytoes you have the next counterfactual my friend.

Ha, I didn't realise I was really competing! I tried to think of one with the Targs never leaving Valyria, but it got too complicated for me, so I'll go down in scale a bit.

In a world where Gregor Clegane is born a dwarf, who is the current King of the Seven Kingdoms?

1 hour ago, mankytoes said:

Ha, I didn't realise I was really competing! I tried to think of one with the Targs never leaving Valyria, but it got too complicated for me, so I'll go down in scale a bit.

In a world where Gregor Clegane is born a dwarf, who is the current King of the Seven Kingdoms?

Still the same outcome as it is now. Tywin would give the order to someone else to kill the children of Rhaegar. It does not take a giant man to kill two children and a women. Regarding the battle with Oberyn, Cersey would have chosen someone else, maybe Loras. The outcome could differ, so Tyrion may have survived, but would have been baned from the family. Thus he would end up exactly where he is now: no titles, no money and Cersey would have hired people to try and kill him since she does not care about the outcome of the fight. She thinks he has murdered Jeoffrey. Either way, the current King would still be Tommen. 

1 hour ago, Dragonsbone said:

If Ned would have fled from Kings Landing before he was beheaded, and had not had the conversation with Cersey, who would rule the north?

Dragonsbone hold on we don't know if this is what Mankytoes have in mind.

Plus,I think there are other options...Remember a few guesses ans the closest guess wins next turn.

11 hours ago, mankytoes said:

In a world where Gregor Clegane is born a dwarf.

1.The Mountain never hurts The Hound,seeing as the Hound doesn't see his height as a hindrance.Plus,The Hound would kick his butt.But Clegane ensures his brother is successful and have a close relationship.

2.Without the burns The Hound is not only fierce but he's a good looking chap without those scars and continues to kick ass in battles.

3.He is loyal of course to the Lannisters being Joff's right hand man and his brother accompanies him to WF when Robert goes to meet Ned.

4.Meets Tyrion in a brothel and they hit it off.Tyrion aches about how Cersie hates him.

5.Clegane instantly hates Cersie.Notices Jamie and Cersie sneaking off and follows them.He's a dwarf and is pretty good at not being noticed.Sees Jamie and Cersie banging.Sees Jamie push Bran instantly sneaks out from his corner and raises the alarm.

6.Jamie and Cersie are pretty much caught with pants down.As well as trying to kill Bran.

Robert goes great ape.Jamie demands trial by combat.Robert says 

"Mofo you got caught in the act"

Jamie and Cersie heads roll...

Robert is still King.

Renly

The mountain is proof Tywin is raiding the Riverlands without him Ned is not so rash and things don't go down as quick.

Robert comes home early from his hunt as word of more shit hitting the fan has not reached him.

Ned tells him the truth, Ned Robert the Lannisters all perish in the war, Stannis thinks the crown is his but since Renly/Tyrell have the army they take the throne and bannish him to the wall on his daughter's life.

10 hours ago, wolfmaid7 said:

This is funny.The answer is correct so I will accept it.Remember though it has to be in the vein of what's different.In a nutshell:

In a world where Howland Reed doesn't go to the Tourney:

1.The KOTLT doesn't make his/her appearance.

2.Thus Aerys doesn't suspect Jamie ,so he stayed to compete in the Tourney.

3.He promised Cersie he will win her a crown because she is thw most beautiful woman in the 7k.

4.Because mature Kgs wouldn't go to crazy in skills against their Prince Rhaegar its a Rhaegar Jamie final.

Jamie beats "able" Rhaegar and crowns Cersie QOLAB.

Mankytoes you have the next counterfactual my friend.

This is incorrect.  Jaime was sent back to KL immediately after taking vows as a KG, and so was therefore long gone by the time the mystery knight made his/her appearance.  Aerys was angry because he suspected that Jaime had disobeyed him and had returned to participate in the tourney.  Even if the KotLT hadn't appeared, Jaime would have still been absent from the tournament.  Obviously, without the KotLt, our present story wouldn't have happened.  I do not care to delve any deeper than that.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

This is incorrect.  Jaime was sent back to KL immediately after taking vows as a KG, and so was therefore long gone by the time the mystery knight made his/her appearance.  Aerys was angry because he suspected that Jaime had disobeyed him and had returned to participate in the tourney.  Even if the KotLT hadn't appeared, Jaime would have still been absent from the tournament.  Obviously, without the KotLt, our present story wouldn't have happened.  I do not care to delve any deeper than that.

I may be misremembering but what was it Aerys thought Jamie disobeyed him about?

18 minutes ago, wolfmaid7 said:

I may be misremembering but what was it Aerys thought Jamie disobeyed him about?

Jaime had been ordered to return to Kings Landing to guard Rhaella and Viserys, who were not at the tourney.  Jaime regarded this as an insult, which it probably was.  He was on his way to KL by the time that the competition began.  Since he was ordered to go to KL, his return to Harrenhal would have been serious disobedience, thus Aerys's anger.

2 hours ago, mankytoes said:

Possibly better than mine, but not what I had...

Ok not Robert....Ummm,

Jamie?

When Mamma and Papa Mountain gives birth to The Hound they tell themselves they have a suitable heir.They

1.Throw Clegane down a well and his  cries eventually draw the attention of a mummera troop.They take him on as part of a show.He swears sweet revenge on the establishment.Like Stewie ,plots to take over the world.He so good he is soon performing in KL.Doing little side jobs for Varys.

2.He's gets so good eventually he forms his own Dwarf troop,employing about 30.The McNugs are in high demand.He forgets his plans of revenge because he's find a family and a purpose.

But when crap hits the fan and Cersie starts collecting Dwarf heads the members of McNugs are slaughtered.

Revenge is back on and his ire is aimed at Cersie.Using the passageways he learned from Varys;he sneaks into Tommen's room and takes him out.

After grief sex Cersie convinces Jamie to seize the throne.

17 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Jaime had been ordered to return to Kings Landing to guard Rhaella and Viserys, who were not at the tourney.  Jaime regarded this as an insult, which it probably was.  He was on his way to KL by the time that the competition began.  Since he was ordered to go to KL, his return to Harrenhal would have been serious disobedience, thus Aerys's anger.

Ahhh yes,i think I recall that

Addendum above.

5 minutes ago, wolfmaid7 said:

Ok not Robert....Ummm,

Jamie?

When Mamma and Papa Mountain gives birth to The Hound they tell themselves they have a suitable heir.They

1.Throw Clegane down a well and his  cries eventually draw the attention of a mummera troop.They take him on as part of a show.He swears sweet revenge on the establishment.Like Stewie ,plots to take over the world.He so good he is soon performing in KL.Doing little side jobs for Varys.

2.He's gets so good eventually he forms his own Dwarf troop,employing about 30.The McNugs are in high demand.He forgets his plans of revenge because he's find a family and a purpose.

But when crap hits the fan and Cersie starts collecting Dwarf heads the members of McNugs are slaughtered.

Revenge is back on and his ire is aimed at Cersie.Using the passageways he learned from Varys;he sneaks into Tommen's room and takes him out.

After grief sex Cersie convinces Jamie to seize the throne.

Shit, again that's probably better, I really should have used the "Cersei collects dwarf heads" thing in there.

Interpreting the example you gave in the OP, my logic is borderline bizarre, so no one is actually going to use the same steps. But it's not some crazy left field person, so if people keep chucking names in, you'll get there soon enough.

6 minutes ago, mankytoes said:

Shit, again that's probably better, I really should have used the "Cersei collects dwarf heads" thing in there.

Interpreting the example you gave in the OP, my logic is borderline bizarre, so no one is actually going to use the same steps. But it's not some crazy left field person, so if people keep chucking names in, you'll get there soon enough.

Hahaha  the guess is what makes it cool.I will mull it over some more.

Archived