Counterfactual:ASOIAF

wolfmaid7

12 hours ago, mankytoes said:

Ha, I didn't realise I was really competing! I tried to think of one with the Targs never leaving Valyria, but it got too complicated for me, so I'll go down in scale a bit.

In a world where Gregor Clegane is born a dwarf, who is the current King of the Seven Kingdoms?

Stannis.

Tywin gives Amory Loch and others orders to murder Rheagar's children, but Elia is spared. Robert marries Ceresi as per normal, Ceresi has bastards as per normal. Stannis marries Elia to try and bring Dorne into the fold. Elia and Stannis find out about Ceresi's children, Ceresi kills Robert to try and put Jofferey on the throne, but Jon Arryn is still Hand. Jon orders the execution of Jamie and Ceresi, gives the throne to Stannis as the rightful heir. Renly doesn't yet have the support of the Tyrells to make his own claim, so throws his weight behind Stannis. Elia is barren anyway, so Renly knows the throne will pass to him in due course

8 hours ago, 1000th Lord Commander said:

Stannis.

Tywin gives Amory Loch and others orders to murder Rheagar's children, but Elia is spared. Robert marries Ceresi as per normal, Ceresi has bastards as per normal. Stannis marries Elia to try and bring Dorne into the fold. Elia and Stannis find out about Ceresi's children, Ceresi kills Robert to try and put Jofferey on the throne, but Jon Arryn is still Hand. Jon orders the execution of Jamie and Ceresi, gives the throne to Stannis as the rightful heir. Renly doesn't yet have the support of the Tyrells to make his own claim, so throws his weight behind Stannis. Elia is barren anyway, so Renly knows the throne will pass to him in due course

Elia is of proven fertility, there where rumours that patch face was the father of Shireen so maybe it's Stannis that's barren and can't get it up more than once a year.

On 06/11/2017 at 9:11 PM, elder brother jonothor dar said:

Elia is of proven fertility, there where rumours that patch face was the father of Shireen so maybe it's Stannis that's barren and can't get it up more than once a year.

The maesters told Rhaegar that Elia would have no more children after Aegon. I don't have the exact quote on me, but you can check the wiki. Though you could be right about Stannis

My answer to Mankytoes : Stannis.

Without Gregor Clegane in charge, Beric Dondarrian's band survive the assault against then and get word to Eddard Stark. Eddard sends a larger force to force Tywin into complaince. They end up joining with the Riverlords and push Tywin's army back. Cersei still kills Robert and captures Eddard eventually. Eddard still dies and Robb moves south. However, this time Tywin is pinned into the Westerlands. A huge army sits under Robert's banner in the Riverlands. Cersei orders them back but Robb Stark appeals to them supporting Stannis after being wed to Shireen Baratheon. Renly and the Tyrells move on Storm's End still, and Stannis still murders him. The Tyrells do not see an advantage in joining Tywin anymore aftrr a huge battle in the Riverlands led to his defeat and retreat to Casterly Rock. Stannis takes King's Landing despite Tyrion's best efforts. Stannis is King, and Robb and Shireen are essentially his heirs. 

7 hours ago, 1000th Lord Commander said:

The maesters told Rhaegar that Elia would have no more children after Aegon. I don't have the exact quote on me, but you can check the wiki. Though you could be right about Stannis

I took that to mean she would likely die not that she was barren a technicality granted but they could be wrong and she could produce a living child; hell she might even live too.

2 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

My answer to Mankytoes : Stannis.

Without Gregor Clegane in charge, Beric Dondarrian's band survive the assault against then and get word to Eddard Stark. Eddard sends a larger force to force Tywin into complaince. They end up joining with the Riverlords and push Tywin's army back. Cersei still kills Robert and captures Eddard eventually. Eddard still dies and Robb moves south. However, this time Tywin is pinned into the Westerlands. A huge army sits under Robert's banner in the Riverlands. Cersei orders them back but Robb Stark appeals to them supporting Stannis after being wed to Shireen Baratheon. Renly and the Tyrells move on Storm's End still, and Stannis still murders him. The Tyrells do not see an advantage in joining Tywin anymore aftrr a huge battle in the Riverlands led to his defeat and retreat to Casterly Rock. Stannis takes King's Landing despite Tyrion's best efforts. Stannis is King, and Robb and Shireen are essentially his heirs. 

Where does Ned get a large force from? He would need thousands to push Tywin back, with Robert dead Lannisters hold all the power in KL and it plays out how it did last time.

How does Shireen and Robb even get betrothed?  Ned gets word just as Robert is about to die, he has maybe time to send Stannis who has been ignoring him for months a letter and one to his son.

If it was the show they probably could magic up a large force, have Robb travel to Dragonstone have huge wedding travel back north call his banners and smash the Lannisters within a single episode/week

1 hour ago, elder brother jonothor dar said:

Where does Ned get a large force from? He would need thousands to push Tywin back, with Robert dead Lannisters hold all the power in KL and it plays out how it did last time.

How does Shireen and Robb even get betrothed?  Ned gets word just as Robert is about to die, he has maybe time to send Stannis who has been ignoring him for months a letter and one to his son.

If it was the show they probably could magic up a large force, have Robb travel to Dragonstone have huge wedding travel back north call his banners and smash the Lannisters within a single episode/week

He does what he did have done in tr first placr and sends Loras Tyrell with 20,000 swords. Combined with the Riverlords and Robb, I see no reason it couldn't work. Remember Loras offered. Honestly, why Ned sent so few men always confused me. He was speaking with Robert's voice at te time. I am suggesting this takes place BEFORE Robert's death. Therefore, most lords and ladies will follow the hand's orders. Also, I am just makibg crap up. Nobody on this thread is realistic. Whythe heck did you choose me to attack?

In all honesty, I don't think Gregor Clegane being a dwarf would matter much at all. It was just for fun dude.

1 hour ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

He does what he did have done in tr first placr and sends Loras Tyrell with 20,000 swords. Combined with the Riverlords and Robb, I see no reason it couldn't work. Remember Loras offered. Honestly, why Ned sent so few men always confused me. He was speaking with Robert's voice at te time. I am suggesting this takes place BEFORE Robert's death. Therefore, most lords and ladies will follow the hand's orders. Also, I am just makibg crap up. Nobody on this thread is realistic. Whythe heck did you choose me to attack?

In all honesty, I don't think Gregor Clegane being a dwarf would matter much at all. It was just for fun dude.

“I beg you the honor of acting in your place. Give this task to me, my lord, and I swear I shall not fail you.” Littlefinger chuckled. “Ser Loras, if we send you off alone, Ser Gregor will send us back your head with a plum stuffed in that pretty mouth of yours. The Mountain is not the sort to bend his neck to any man’s justice.” “I do not fear Gregor Clegane,” Ser Loras said, haughtily.

Think you will find he was going to go alone :P

At any rate I "attacked" 1000th first, like everyone else I am board with nothing to do but post here on my down time and wait for the next book

13 minutes ago, elder brother jonothor dar said:

“I beg you the honor of acting in your place. Give this task to me, my lord, and I swear I shall not fail you.” Littlefinger chuckled. “Ser Loras, if we send you off alone, Ser Gregor will send us back your head with a plum stuffed in that pretty mouth of yours. The Mountain is not the sort to bend his neck to any man’s justice.” “I do not fear Gregor Clegane,” Ser Loras said, haughtily.

Think you will find he was going to go alone :P

At any rate I "attacked" 1000th first, like everyone else I am board with nothing to do but post here on my down time and wait for the next book

If you think Loras was planning on going alone....really? Do you actually think the son of the lord paramount of the Reach was planning to ride in alone? Hint : he wasn't. Obviously he was planning to bring a force of men. 

4 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

If you think Loras was planning on going alone....really? Do you actually think the son of the lord paramount of the Reach was planning to ride in alone? Hint : he wasn't. Obviously he was planning to bring a force of men. 

1 is closer than 20k, he would need his father to call that many men, by the time they mustered Robert would be dead, and Renly would do what he did in the first book.

But anyway you propose that Loras takes command of 20k reach men I presume, joins with the North (who also take weeks to reach the west) and Riverlands to pin Tywin in the West and declare for Stannis.  In the mean time his father declares for Renly.  A bit of a strange situation

Having been disappointed with Tyrion the Martels here about another dwarf down the road, curiosity gets the better of them and visit the keep where they find a huge new born.  They take the hound on as a page once he comes of age and despite being a squire at the time of the Rebelion Sandor defends the royal family giving Ned the time to reach the Red Keep and claims Aegon as a Ward and ships him north.

On Roberts death Robb and Theon declare for their brother Aegon.  Tyrell join Aegon after Renlys death Aegon wins

11 hours ago, elder brother jonothor dar said:

Having been disappointed with Tyrion the Martels here about another dwarf down the road, curiosity gets the better of them and visit the keep where they find a huge new born.  They take the hound on as a page once he comes of age and despite being a squire at the time of the Rebelion Sandor defends the royal family giving Ned the time to reach the Red Keep and claims Aegon as a Ward and ships him north.

On Roberts death Robb and Theon declare for their brother Aegon.  Tyrell join Aegon after Renlys death Aegon wins

Correct! And there's actually a little in your theory that matches mine!

- Gregor is born a dwarf, to the great disappointment of his ambitious father

- Baby Gregor disappears, apparantly died as an infant, though local smallfolk recall screaming from a well

- Sandor is seen by his father as the great hope of his house, and as a teenager is even bought along as a squire when the Lannisters sack King's Landing.

- In the carnage, Sandor runs up to the royal rooms, and sees Rhaena's bloody body. He enters the next room to see Lorch brutally killing Elia Martell. He sticks his blade through the back of Lorch's neck and guards the baby Aegon.

- When word gets out, Sandor is seen as a hero. Tywin insists the boy must by royally guarded, but Sandor refuses to hand him over, and Ned and Jon Arryn back him up. Aegon is made a ward of House Clegane.

- Tywin promises great riches to Sandor if the boy is disposed of, for the good of the future of the realm. Sandor says he will only do so if the order comes from the king himself.

- A new letter comes, sealed by Robert Baratheon and Tywin Lannister.

- With this evidence, Sandor flees to Dorne, where he is secretely hidden by the Martells. They write to all the great Lords, telling them of what happened. Many Lords side with Aegon. Others refuse to move when the Dornish march north.

- When Robert hears Ned will not be marching south, he agrees to abdicate the throne on condition of peaceful passage to permanent exile in Essos. Tywin turns tail and rides hard for Casterley Rock, but is murdered by his personal guard before he can get there.

- The young boy Aegon is crowned King, with Sandor on his regency council, headed by Jon Arryn. He is betrothed to Arianne Martell. Sandor helps make sure that the dwarf Tyrion is not denied his right to Casterley Rock.

Archived