If Robert Arryn Died of a Fever -

With Harrold Arryn (Stark cousin) being the lord, Lady Waynwood (Stark cousin) would be the most powerful person in Vale and would side with Robb. Maybe she would marry one of her daughters to Robb or one of the Stark boys and/or marry Sansa to Harry or one of her sons if that would be possible considering that Robb would be to marry a Frey or Jayne and Sansa would still be married to Tyrion or even dead

3 hours ago, Blooddragon said:

With Harrold Arryn (Stark cousin) being the lord, Lady Waynwood (Stark cousin) would be the most powerful person in Vale and would side with Robb. Maybe she would marry one of her daughters to Robb or one of the Stark boys and/or marry Sansa to Harry or one of her sons if that would be possible considering that Robb would be to marry a Frey or Jayne and Sansa would still be married to Tyrion or even dead

I think Harry the Heir is the strongest lord in the Vale. He is adult and has no reason to listen to Lady Waynwood after he becomes Lord Paramount of the Vale though he could of course be manipulated by some council member/Lord.

Who does Harold Hardying trust and listen too? After Tyrion's experience in the Vale, would he have offered Myrcella to Harold in exchange for an alliance instead of Dorne? I would have to agree though that the ties to the Starks was so strong because of Ned that they would have fought for mutual Independence alongside Robb. Maybe even helped negotiate with Stannis in some alliance with things to be smoothed out after a victory. Lysa and LF, through Sweet Robin's claim really hung out the Starks to an extent.

Would they depose Lysa though? Especially during a time of war? Remember some Vale Lords, Yohn Royce especially, wanted to join the Robb's Rebellion and they weren't too happy with how she was raising Robyn yet they didn't act until war was over and Lysa dead.

For the first question, Barbrey Ryswell didn't even have any children from her husband yet she is given Barrowton. Surely there would be a Dustin cousin or two Ned could dig up. Same applies to Hornwood lands, Donella Manderly rules though there was a bastard, a sister and nephews.

They may not have deposed Lysa, at least for the duration of the war, but they may had an easier time joining the war now with no excuses to stay back and defend Robyn.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Would they depose Lysa though? Especially during a time of war? Remember some Vale Lords, Yohn Royce especially, wanted to join the Robb's Rebellion and they weren't too happy with how she was raising Robyn yet they didn't act until war was over and Lysa dead.

Lysa was widely disliked and I'm sure someone like the Royces could make the case that she really doesn't have much to hold over them anymore. They listen to her as the dowager-of-sorts for Sweet Robin, they weren't actually loyal to her specifically. 

Without Sweet Robin they could disregard her entirely if she becomes too much of a crazy overlord, which she likely would do.

47 minutes ago, ChuckPunch said:

Lysa was widely disliked and I'm sure someone like the Royces could make the case that she really doesn't have much to hold over them anymore. They listen to her as the dowager-of-sorts for Sweet Robin, they weren't actually loyal to her specifically. 

Without Sweet Robin they could disregard her entirely if she becomes too much of a crazy overlord, which she likely would do.

If Robin died she would either commit suicide or would keep his death a secret for as long as possible.

Now let's assume she didn't jump out of moondoor. She would probably inform LF what happened and demanded he comes to her. It is than up to LF what he does ... But eventually they would realize Sweet Robin is dead they would make Harry Lord Paramount and he would probably go to war.

I don't even want to imagine a Westeros were Robert Arryn is not alive. He's the most honest and straight forward High Lord still around. Who else would take smug Mya Stone down a peg by telling her she smells like a mule? He might be the only one with the courage to finally take down LF, he's a lot smarter then he lets on and he will start making moves.

16 hours ago, Daenerys Targaryen's slave said:

With Jon and Robert Arryn dead, Lysa loses power in the Vale and is deposed. Petyr Baelish loses his power base and influence in the Vale.

Well, at the point of Ned's execution, Littlefinger never had a power base in the Vale. He was a minor lord from a no-account house, whose only claim to fame was that people thought he was good with other people's money. Remember, Baelish has not yet been elevated to Lord Of Harrenhal and all that other stuff. Lysa Arryn is sweet on him, and he's manipulated her like a sock puppet, but that's the only apparent power he has. He can't marry her, as lowly and commercial as he is. And if Lysa is deposed or dies, Littlefinger has to scheme elsewhere. As noted, folks in the Vale hate him and hold him in contempt - little help there!

24 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

[Robert Arryn]'s the most honest and straight forward High Lord still around.

Naw. "Sweet"robin isn't honest, he's just cruel and petulant. His courage consists of the adults who are willing to carry out his tantrum-based demands. Littlefinger controls him like a badly trained pony. And yes, I was amused by your post - would that Robin actually did have a brain in his probably still-soft skull!

6 minutes ago, zandru said:

Naw. "Sweet"robin isn't honest, he's just cruel and petulant. His courage consists of the adults who are willing to carry out his tantrum-based demands. 

Even if he was "cruel and petulant" how would that make him dishonest? As for his courage, he tells Mya Stone off to her face(rather then behind her back) seconds before he puts his life in her hands and her mule's hooves . How is that not a display of both courage and honesty? I wouldn't call his epileptic seizures "tantrums" either.

18 minutes ago, zandru said:

Littlefinger controls him like a badly trained pony.  would that Robin actually did have a brain in his probably still-soft skull!

That's all about to change.

Spoiler

As we learn in the sample chapter from TWOW . Robert is on to Harry and knows that everyone wants him to die so they can take over the Eyrie.

As I said before he's much smarter then he's letting on. His is the story of the classic underdog that everyone is underestimating. 

4 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Even if he was "cruel and petulant" how would that make him dishonest? As for his courage, he tells Mya Stone off to her face(rather then behind her back) seconds before he puts his life in her hands and her mule's hooves . How is that not a display of both courage and honesty? I wouldn't call his epileptic seizures "tantrums" either.

That's all about to change.

Hide contents

As we learn in the sample chapter from TWOW . Robert is on to Harry and knows that everyone wants him to die so they can take over the Eyrie.

As I said before he's much smarter then he's letting on. His is the story of the classic underdog that everyone is underestimating. 

And yet he trusts Littlefinger and Alayne. The former is notoriously untrustworthy and the latter might be complicit in a plot to murder him.

20 hours ago, Daenerys Targaryen's slave said:

If shortly after Eddard's execution, Robert Arryn died, how would the story change?

With Jon and Robert Arryn dead, Lysa loses power in the Vale and is deposed. Petyr Baelish loses his power base and influence in the Vale.

What happens next?

Nothing changes. Lysa is still the ruler of the vale 

4 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I deny Robin's "courage." He really has no clue that everybody won't obey his every whim and ignore his childish brutality because hey! he's Lord Of The Effing Vale!!! He may be stupidly "honest", but he's flat out stupid, spoiled, and over privileged. If he had any clue that there could be repercussions to his actions, yeah then you could attribute some "courage" to him. But he is clueless when it comes to hurting people and angering people. It's something he can't even imagine, so he does it with selfish iimpunity.

I never implied nor said that his seizures were "tantrums'; that's your fabrication. Throwing his chamberpot and his oatmeal at the maester were tantrums. Shrieking repeatedly for Tyrion to "fly" just because he liked to see people fall to their deaths - those were tantrums. Tantrumming himself into seizures - well, that was plain self-indulgent and really pathetic. Robin not only knew and cared nothing for other people; he wasn't even aware of himself other than the impulses of the moment.

So maybe he's not such a total jerk by TWOW? That would be good. At his age (6 or 7), development is fast. In a Lysa-free environment, the poor kid finally has a chance. Too bad he's at the mercy of Sansa and her svengali, Baelish.

6 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

And yet he trusts Littlefinger and Alayne.

Perhaps he does trust them perhaps he doesn't. He's starting to understand things now that he's not cooped up in a tower anymore. Now people who don't trust Baelish will be able to communicate with Robert like they weren't able to before when he lived secluded on top of a mountain.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

but he's flat out stupid, spoiled, and over privileged.

You can say that about most the highborn children in Westeros who are all much older then Robert, have both parents, and don't have epilepsy.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

childish brutality

Who has Robert ever brutalized? You make him sound like Joffrey.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

Shrieking repeatedly for Tyrion to "fly" just because he liked to see people fall to their deaths

He wanted to make "the bad little man" fly because he was told the bad little man tried to kill his Stark cousin. He wanted justice for his kin. Nothing bad or strange about that.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

he's Lord Of The Effing Vale!

Exactly, and he's tired of people drugging his milk. Him taking a position of leadership and making demands of his people for his people isn't this terrible thing you make it seem. He's really the only one standing in the way of Baelish and his plans.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

Throwing his chamberpot and his oatmeal at the maester were tantrums.

He didn't throw his oatmeal at Maester Colemen, he threw it at Baelish but Baelish got out of the way so it hit Colemen. He doesn't like Baelish telling him what to do so maybe he already knows he's not the trustworthy father figure he's pretending to be. 

Does he throw tantrums? Yes, but so have other characters who are much older then him. The chamberpot episode happened after his mother just died and he'd been up all night because he hears singers haunting him. Add the fact that he's also being drugged and I don't blame him for being upset. 

1 hour ago, zandru said:

Tantrumming himself into seizures - well, that was plain self-indulgent and really pathetic.

I don't follow, are you saying he purposely triggers himself into having seizures? I don't think he enjoys them and would never purposely do something like that to himself.

All and all when you actually stop and take into account the facts of Robert Arryn he really has it together far more then he should in his circumstance.  I mean how many other lords are his age and are being drugged, being bled, have just lost their mother and father and have epilepsy? The fact he's even still alive proves that he is indeed, very strong. 

2 hours ago, zandru said:

the poor kid finally has a chance.

Yep, he's no longer trapped on top of a mountain surrounded by people that only want to harm him. Now he's with people that want to see the Arryn line prosper and can warn him about Baelish. He's already surprised Sansa with what he knows about Harry. Like I said all along he's the underdog that's been fatally underestimated.

On 11/5/2017 at 1:46 AM, Daenerys Targaryen's slave said:

If shortly after Eddard's execution, Robert Arryn died, how would the story change?

What happens next?

The Lannisters would appoint their chosen replacement for House Arryn to oversee the Vale.

7 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Like I said all along he's the underdog that's been fatally underestimated.

Well, to each his own. You haven't convinced me, and I can't convince you. I've seen this movie too many times before.

10 hours ago, Daenerys Targaryen's slave said:

Jon Arryn is dead, as is Robert Arryn. She will not be allowed to govern the Vale.

To think otherwise is preposterous.

Please detail how it would be preposterous? she was lady of the vale.  Who would remove her? Is harry of age?  your reply is big on generalities and lean on details

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Please detail how it would be preposterous? she was lady of the vale.  Who would remove her? Is harry of age?  your reply is big on generalities and lean on details

Because she has no claim. She ruled before because her son was the heir.

With Robert gone, she is nothing more than a madwoman. 

18 minutes ago, Daenerys Targaryen's slave said:

Because she has no claim. She ruled before because her son was the heir.

With Robert gone, she is nothing more than a madwoman. 

she has the loyalty of the vale, and she is the current ruler. There would be no reason to unseat her until Harry comes of age. Again. Details 

Archived