Football: Just Slaven Away

Nas!

We bossed that 2nd half and it ended up being comfortable. Great to have Pogba back - he makes a massive difference. Also great to have Zlatan and Rojo back. Mata had a good game and Lukaku was more influential in the build-up as well. I'd like to see us start with Martial-Lukaku-Rashford up top more often.

Just now, Consigliere said:

I'd like to see us start with Martial-Lukaku-Rashford up top more often.

It's definitely more feasible with Pogba in the side. I think Jose feels that when he's absent we need one of those wide players to be a more creative type who can help control a game but when he's on that's less of an issue.

Good performance in the end.

3 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The Liverpool game wasn't televised in the US.  I'm still resisting the extra package just to be stubborn. 

Sounds like we played well, breaking our usual pattern after international breaks.  And we got a clean sheet from a back line with two more changes.  

That for me was the best part.Salah has been the signing of the season so far.If he keeps fit and is in form,he could easily get 25+ goals in the PL.

8 hours ago, Mexal said:

Mustafi was awesome. Never seen him play this good for Arsenal.

I thought he would take Kane out when he found himself with tons of space in the box, but thankfully Mustafi stayed on his feet. 

West Ham haven’t solved all their problems with the arrival of David Moyes, that’s for certain. They still look vulnerable to attack, and they have several players toying with cards.

OTOH, how good was Heurelho Gomes there? I’m sure both Koyate and Aurantovic were certain of scoring, and then this unpredictable old bugger keeps them at bay. Well done, old man!

West Ham looking like 11 players who have recently been told that they've been doing everything wrong. 

They do actually seem to be running, though. Even Arnautovic's lazy ass is getting around the pitch a bit.  We'll see how long that lasts, or if he and/or Carroll pick up second yellows.

Highlight-reel saves from Gomes to end the half. 

I'm feeling optimistic, though. I'm calling 1-1. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Clearing.

Pulis sacked, immediately goes into the conversation for Wales job.  in no other walk of life does being shit at your job get you an immediate interview for another similar one. 

I've got a soft spot for Tony. Yes his brand of football is ugly as hell, but a lot of the time its pretty effective. I'm not sure what happened at West Brom, because his team stopped doing what Pulis is supposed to be good at, ie stopping the opposition scoring. 

He has got a reasonable record of mediocrity though, and did a very good job at organising the palace defence when he jumped in there. 

This was coming and it's not as though West Brom have only started leaking goals and looking defensively fragile this season. It has been a continuation of their poor form from the backend of last season. Pulis' brand of football is only acceptable if the team is hard to beat and are grinding out results - this has not been the case since about midway through last season.

No idea who they would be looking to appoint. Big Sam is the obvious candidate and would probably keep them up but I hope WBA go for someone who can bring a more attractive brand of football to the side. Their squad is too good to be primarily playing hoofball.

Dortmund/Spurs game really livened up after a slow start. Aubameyang got the goal with an excellent assist from Yarmolenko. He missed a great chance as well. Burki made two great saves and has thus far managed not to be a liability. Seeing the halftime scores, it looks like this is the only competitive game. A bit of a surprise that City/Feyenoord is still 0-0 but I expect that game is just one-way traffic.

Liverpool cruising.  Finally more clinical with chances after having such a terrible chance conversion rate until a month ago. 

Although we're on a nice run since Spurs trounced us, this is the first really good team we've met in that run.  Sevilla have been in hot form themselves for the past couple of months.  

They were lucky (and we were generous) to get a draw last time against us.  Hopefully we close this out more ruthlessly. 

Archived