Football: Just Slaven Away

Nas!

Two wins on the bounce just lifted Everton to the top half of the table.  There's only five points separating 10th from 17th, so lots of potential for teams to gain or lose ground with a couple of results, especially with the games coming thick and fast lately.

Spurs were bloody lucky today and the officiating was poor (as it was in the Liverpool game).  I thought the red card was harsh but the penalty not given was indefensible. 

Salah didn't score today but played a key role in our second and assisted our third.   Coutinho scored two and assisted two despite having a mini-slump recently, and Firmino worked his socks off all day and scored two.  A good day for our forwards, and gave Mane a rest to have him fresh and hungry for midweek. 

Coutinho only got one the second was given as an own goal but the free kick was a beauty. Watching with a mate and I called under the wall. We really need some better defenders though its heart in the mouth stuff every time an oponent comes forward.

Everything about that United goal was so very Arsenal. Terrible pass from Koscielny in a dangerous spot, Kolasinac diving into a ball he would never get then walking back, 4 Arsenal defenders going to one person to leave Valencia wide open. It's amazing how bad they can be at times and how all the goals always look the same.

2 minutes ago, lmanion said:

Coutinho only got one the second was given as an own goal but the free kick was a beauty. Watching with a mate and I called under the wall. We really need some better defenders though its heart in the mouth stuff every time an oponent comes forward.

It looked like his shot was on target before Dunk's deflection.  I'm expecting he'll get credited with the goal, despite the TV commentators immediately claiming it was an OG. 

We took full advantage of two defensive gaffes but its been all one-way traffic since then. We are completely overrun in midfield. Rojo is having a poor game - failed clearances, silly fouls and could have given away a penalty. Arsenal should get Giroud on asap as we have looked very shaky defending set pieces.

Archived