Nas!

Football: Just Slaven Away

401 posts in this topic

Stonewall penalty again. Jesus.

Edited by Mexal

Stone wall penalty, that.

2 penalties arsenal should have had there refs have been poor in a few games tonight

Refs are poor in most games. This is nothing new. English refereeing is horrendous. 

Ozil looks like a guy who is out of contract this season the way hes playing atm

Just now, lmanion said:

Ozil looks like a guy who is out of contract this season the way hes playing atm

I disagree. I think Ozil has put in a big shift and been the one trying really hard to make something happen. For once, he can’t be made the scapegoat.

I don't know why you're all so fussed about the penalty. De Gea would have saved it anyway.

4 minutes ago, lmanion said:

Not sure what games you've been watching but this is flatly untrue. Sanchez is a 1000x worse. He's an absolute liability this season.

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I don't know why you're all so fussed about the penalty. De Gea would have saved it anyway.

Hah. With Lacazette/Giroud on the pitch, this might be the one time we could score. They're brilliant PK takers.

Only really see this from Arsenal games. Maybe Liverpool occasionally but definitely an Arsenal special. Opposing keeper has superhuman game, stonewall penalties not called and defensive mistakes leading to easy counter attack goals. Oh well. 

I think the most Liverpool thing about it was the defenders shitting the bed and gifting easy goals early on.

Haha oh dear I meant the Ozil comment as in he is putting himself up in the best possible way for clubs to want to sign him. I completely agree he has been great lately

De Gea also still managed 6 fantasy points because of 14 saves should hopefully get some bonus as well

Edited by lmanion

Great game. We were a bit fortunate to get away with three points - this could just as easily ended 4-3 to Arsenal. Our defending was shaky at times but Arsenal's defending was rubbish. 33 shots conceded and 25% possession, yeah, it's going to be a very one-sided game against City and with Pogba out, that severely blunts anything we may have been able to create on the counter.

ETA. DDG is simply amazing. Same level as Neuer. There is no keeper better than him.

Edited by Consigliere

14 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

ETA. DDG is simply amazing. Same level as Neuer. There is no keeper better than him.

I’d say he is out on his own as the best. Does any goalkeeper win as many points for his team as DDG? I doubt Neuer comes close.

I’m watching a bit a bit of the Real game and I’ve just spent a good five minutes thinking ‘bloody hell I don’t recognise a single one of these Atletico players’. That’ll be because they’re playing Athletic Bilbao.

17 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I’d say he is out on his own as the best. Does any goalkeeper win as many points for his team as DDG? I doubt Neuer comes close.

The bolded is a little unfair. I think we also have to look at the respective teams over the past few years; Bayern were strolling the league and dominating virtually every game whereas United were struggling to rebuild post Fergie, barely competing for 4th place. Neuer generally has much less to do than DDG due to Bayern being simply a better team than United. Whenever Neuer is called upon, he consistently does the business and rarely makes any mistakes both at club and international level. At the end of the day, I'd have them at the same level - the two best keepers in the world.

I'd say that at this stage DDG is pretty definitely a better shotstopper than anyone, but if he played for Bayern they couldn't play the way they often do with the high line in the utter confidence that he'll sweep up.

Everyone keeps saying we have a huge game against Spartak midweek.  But we only need a win to be sure to top the group.  If we just avoid losing to Spartak by four or more goals then we'll still be runner-up and progress.  If we do fall to the runner-up spot, then our opponents in the next round would be one of PSG, Barca or Besiktas.  If we win our group, possible opponents are Real, Bayern, Roma, Juve, Basel, Shakhtar or Porto.  

I'm not sure that our odds are all that much different either way. 

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Everyone keeps saying we have a huge game against Spartak midweek.  But we only need a win to be sure to top the group.  If we just avoid losing to Spartak by four or more goals then we'll still be runner-up and progress.  If we do fall to the runner-up spot, then our opponents in the next round would be one of PSG, Barca or Besiktas.  If we win our group, possible opponents are Real, Bayern, Roma, Juve, Basel, Shakhtar or Porto.  

I'm not sure that our odds are all that much different either way. 

Sorry to interrupt. But isn't it head-to-head results the first tie breaker?

So if Moscow wins at Anfield (doesn't matter whether it's 5-0 or just 1-0), and Sevilla wins their match against Maribor, then it would be EL and not CL for Liverpool, I think.

2 hours ago, Notone said:

Sorry to interrupt. But isn't it head-to-head results the first tie breaker?

So if Moscow wins at Anfield (doesn't matter whether it's 5-0 or just 1-0), and Sevilla wins their match against Maribor, then it would be EL and not CL for Liverpool, I think.

You're right, I forgot that.  So we need to beat Spartak or else get a low-score draw (0-0 or 1-1 would do).  I'm not worried about them as opponents but I guess we can't just send out the kids and rest all the senior players.