Football: Just Slaven Away

Nas!

I guess there's the problem with Demarai Gray that a couple of us were discussing a while back- I genuinely didn't realise he was playing until I checked. Leicester had quite a good half but they have to get players other than Mahrez involved on the break if they're going to get back into it.

I really can’t understand Everton here. 

We defend like sh*t, really bad. Both goals should really be stopped early. The second is well played by Palace, by all means, but how a team lying so deep allows that sort of space behind itself ... beggars belief.

On the other hand, we are efficient in attack. We haven’t really played well, like, at all, but we’ve won a penalty (owing to really stupid play by Dann - it’s soft, but you can’t really step in a running line and think you’ll get away with it) and won back the ball easily after a terrible pass by Speroni. 

Well done Niasse, really. Hope we can start playing in the second half. We’ve been horrid.

Lethargic start to the game for us but we did improve after going a goal down and we should have had a penalty as well. As expected, Pogba's return has made a big difference to our attack but our defence has been shaky. Newcastle are far from out of it though. They have looked very dangerous on the counter and the Yedlin/Murphy combination on their right has been excellent.

Archived