How good a swordsman was Tywin in his youth

The Last Wolf

Average I'd say. He was trained as any noble is which means he knows how to fight and having fought in and survived more than one war he can put his knowledge into practice. But he's probably nothing exceptional; Dayne, Selmy, Jaime, Garlan/Loras probably even Mance are all better than him. Of course he's also not incompetent with a sword else that would have been mentioned. So I'd put him somewhere around the skill level of Ned or Robb or some of the more average KG like Trant.

5 minutos atrás, Adam Yozza disse:

Média, eu diria. Ele foi treinado como qualquer ser nobre, o que significa que você sabe como lutar e ter lutado e sobreviver a mais de uma guerra que pode colocar seu conhecimento em prática. Mas ele não é nada excepcional; Dayne, Selmy, Jaime, Garlan / Loras até Mance são melhores do que ele. Claro que ele também não é incompetente com uma espada que tem sido mencionada. Então, eu o colocaria em algum lugar ao redor do nível de habilidade de Ned ou Robb ou alguns dos KG mais comuns como o Trant.

Yes, he was not a bad swordsman but he was not good as his brother Tygett

I suspect that if Tywin had been at all exceptional, he'd have continued leading his troops into battle, as opposed to watching them from a distance in his ludicrous gilded gingerbread armor. He knew where he could do the most good: directing strategy, not fighting.

22 minutes ago, zandru said:

I suspect that if Tywin had been at all exceptional, he'd have continued leading his troops into battle, as opposed to watching them from a distance in his ludicrous gilded gingerbread armor. He knew where he could do the most good: directing strategy, not fighting.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. One exceptional commander is worth more than one exceptional swordsman. I think he'd have chosen to lead from the back regardless of whether or not he was a fantastic swordsman. Still, as near as I can tell, he was no Jaime, to put it lightly.

Archived