U.S. Politics 2017: Yes Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Apparently JMC is coming out with a poll on Sunday that was taken before the scandal. They've made the teasing statement that "the Democratic wave last Tuesday was not a fluke". Again, before the scandal. Depending on exactly how tight the race is getting, that could be the end of Moore (or at least of Moore as the only Republican in the race). Plenty of people will accept a child molesting candidate. A child molesting candidate who is dipping in the polls? Not so much.

jebus h keerist on bicycle, they are crazeee in Alabama.

State Rep. Ed Henry lashed out at Roy Moore’s accusers and Republicans who said the U.S. Senate candidate should back out of the special election in an interview Thursday evening with The Times.

Henry, R-Hartselle, who represents a portion of Cullman County, said he suspects the timing of the stories told by five women about Moore’s alleged sexual advancements 40 years ago, as told to The Washington Post, are politically motivated as the Dec. 12 special election nears. Moore will face Democrat Doug Jones, a former U.S. attorney.`

~~~snip the blah blah blah out~~~~(then he sez) 

Henry said he believes legal action should be considered against Moore’s accusers, finding their story unbelievable.

“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years. I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion,” Henry said.

Victim blaming at it's most odious.  

http://www.cullmantimes.com/news/ed-henry-on-moore-accusations-i-m-not-buying-it/article_ddb8650a-c5cd-11e7-be2c-1f9ffb09ccc5.html

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Per the paywall wsj,  Flynn and his son were offered 15m to kidnap and extradite Gulan from the US, and apparently had accepted. 

This was while he was not registered as a foreign agent. 

Does the article mention if his son might also have been involved in this plot?

16 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Per the paywall wsj,  Flynn and his son were offered 15m to kidnap and extradite Gulan from the US, and apparently had accepted. 

This was while he was not registered as a foreign agent. 

CNN is reporting the story details now.

Several times I posted how I had reached a point where I thought Trump couldn't surprise me anymore, only to be proved wrong. Ditto with this whole administration and the characters in it. I don't want to say nothing is going to surprise me anymore, because I'm always wrong.

This is a novel brought to life. Except novelists have been posting they would never use the dialogue or plot because no one would believe it.

If I were Democrats, I'd start dumping a ton of money into the AL Senate race and purchase ad buys that focus not on the allegations specifically, but rather quoting the people who have defended Moore who said they'd still vote for him even if the allegations were true. 

Then you're still keeping the allegations front and center, while also using Republican party loyalty as a weapon to fracture the party.

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So they are admitting that 12 year old Mary really wasnt a virgin, but it was okay because she had consensual sex with Joseph? And if it was okay for Jesus' mom then its okay for Alabama  teens. How many bible thumps to the head does it take to generate an insane character defense like that? Whomever came up with that soundbyte should be placed in concussion protocal, their cognitive ability is malfunctioning big time.

I think you need to factor in here that Protestants definitely do NOT believe that Mary was a "perpetual virgin" like Roman Catholics do, and believe Joseph started having sex with her shortly after Jesus's birth, which is where Jesus's brothers and sisters mentioned in the Bible came from. So I don't think this defense, crazy as it is, is claiming that Mary wasn't really a virgin BEFORE her pregnancy with Jesus.

This is another reason I hate Republicans. They are approving 36 year old lawyers, who have only been a lawyer for a few years, never argued a motion in a court room and has strong displays of partisanship to a lifetime appointment on the federal bench. What the fuck?

23 hours ago, Mexal said:

This is another reason I hate Republicans. They are approving 36 year old lawyers, who have only been a lawyer for a few years, never argued a motion in a court room and has strong displays of partisanship to a lifetime appointment on the federal bench. What the fuck?

Is that Kevin Warsh's little brother or something?

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I think you need to factor in here that Protestants definitely do NOT believe that Mary was a "perpetual virgin" like Roman Catholics do, and believe Joseph started having sex with her shortly after Jesus's birth, which is where Jesus's brothers and sisters mentioned in the Bible came from. So I don't think this defense, crazy as it is, is claiming that Mary wasn't really a virgin BEFORE her pregnancy with Jesus.

It is however saying that god's a pedophile. I can believe it.

20 minutes ago, Ormond said:

My knowledge of theology is limited because of my refusal to listen during Sunday school. Are you saying Joseph had no sex after marriage until after Jesus was born?? 

/Insert masturbation joke /LCK joke above.

15 minutes ago, Ormond said:

When people hear Mary being pregnant they think of Jesus. So it definitely sounds like he was contradicted a core Chrisitian tenant and it was hilarious.

Not being deeply familiar with the Gospels is the mention of brother and sister one those that is not consistent throughout the Gospels?

1 minute ago, maarsen said:

My knowledge of theology is limited because of my refusal to listen during Sunday school. Are you saying Joseph had no sex after marriage until after Jesus was born?? 

/Insert masturbation joke /LCK joke above.

I really don't think most Protestants would care about that one way or the other. I don't know what the normal customs on whether or not it was "OK" for a married couple to have sex while the woman was pregnant were among Palestinian Jews two thousand years ago.

39 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

If I were Democrats, I'd start dumping a ton of money into the AL Senate race and purchase ad buys that focus not on the allegations specifically, but rather quoting the people who have defended Moore who said they'd still vote for him even if the allegations were true. 

Then you're still keeping the allegations front and center, while also using Republican party loyalty as a weapon to fracture the party.

I like that. Subtle and smart.

10 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

When people hear Mary being pregnant they think of Jesus. So it definitely sounds like he was contradicted a core Chrisitian tenant and it was hilarious.

Not being deeply familiar with the Gospels is the mention of brother and sister one those that is not consistent throughout the Gospels?

Jesus definitely had siblings and this is mentioned in the New Testament more than once. Roman Catholics get around that by either assuming that somehow these brothers and sisters were really cousins, or by assuming they were Joseph's children by an earlier marriage and so were not Mary's kids. 

P.S. I had forgotten until finding the site linked below that there is a verse in the Gospel of Matthew that says Joseph did not have relations with Mary until after Jesus was born. Of course, that verse seems to imply to Protestants that Mary was not a perpetual virgin, but Catholics don't admit that implication.

https://www.thoughtco.com/did-jesus-have-brothers-and-sisters-701981

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Jesus definitely had siblings and this is mentioned in the New Testament more than once. Roman Catholics get around that by either assuming that somehow these brothers and sisters were really cousins, or by assuming they were Joseph's children by an earlier marriage and so were not Mary's kids. 

Thanks

Archived