Sansa/Ramsay marriage did not make sense

Skyrazer

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh yes, it was. It's like the polar bear thing, but in a much more disturbing way. For instance, they wanted a polar bear wight, so they wrote a wight hunt. So they were interested in a "sex" scene, and decided to rape Sansa. It was horrible.

I think it may have been a veiled attempt to get the actress naked on screen for the first time as it just so happened she had just turned 18 before shooting that season.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think it may have been a veiled attempt to get the actress naked on screen for the first time as it just so happened she had just turned 18 before shooting that season.

I also think that was the real intention

• 1 month later...

They really fucked up when they decided to make Littlefinger an idiot in season 5. Why would he give Sansa to the Boltons? What did he gain by doing this? Nothing! They sort of had a way out and a chance to make Littlefinger a brilliant strategist in season 6, how? Well he could've just waited for Stannis and his Army to attack Winterfell and then come to the rescue with the Knights of the Vale ( sort of what he did in season 6, Battle of the Bastards ) and the Boltons would be out of the picture, Stannis would be a valuable ally considering that he was the greatest military commander in Westeros ( at least in the books he is ) and Littlefinger would have the upper hand in that partnership considering that he would control the larger force/army and Stannis would have to put up with him even though he despises people like Littlefinger. Later on Littlefinger could just betray Stannis by changing sides again or just have him assassinated and blame it on the Lannisters. The North would consider him a Hero for getting rid of Ramsay Bolton and for saving Sansa Bolton. Sansa would think that he did it because he loves her and he would be able to manipulate her to do whatever he wants her to do. Instead he waited like an idiot for The Boltons to destroy Stannis and his army, for Jon Snow to march on Winterfell which made him look like a hero ( that could've been you, show Baelish! ) and for Bran and Arya to come back to Winterfell and "play him at his own game". Hell he could've just gone through with whole: "Name me Warden of the North and I'll get rid of Stannis and the Boltons and bring you Sansa's head on a spike" scenario he used to manipulate Cersei. This could've worked, but Dumb and Dumber don't seem to care about LOGIC very much.

On 11/9/2017 at 3:07 AM, jcmontea said:

The crown is a joke at this point. Tywin is dead. The thought that it would actually raise an army to go up North is unlikely. The only reason the North is even part of the seven kingdoms is dragons. Not sure what Roose has to worry about from the crown. All he cares about is consolidating the North. A bolton heir with Stark blood probably would solidify control for the next gen.

Umm... remember the huge army that Tywin commanded during the WOTFK? In the show it's stated several times that Jaime has 30,000 men under his command and Tywin's host is even larger. Jaime's forces were destroyed in the show by some 16,000 Northmen ( even though Jaime had a much larger army then Robb did in the show version but whatever ). The point is, Tywin' part of the Lannister army was not really that weakened in the show. In the books Roose Bolton attacks the Lannisters with 16,000 men and Tywin had about 20,000 men in the books, so if the same thing happened in the show i would understand if they were like: "Tywin lost a lot of men during that battle, the Lannisters are in a very poor shape as a result of the war of the five Kings" but in the show Tywin has an army 30,000 strong and Robb sends 2,000 men to attack him, i doubt the Lannisters lost a great number of men during that battle, it was probably slaughter from the start. 

So how exactly do you figure that Roose Bolton had no reason to fear the Lannisters? Jaime ( who now leads the Lannister army ) is a pretty good military commander in the show. He is not on Tywin's level or on Stannis's level when it comes to strategy and tactics but he is a better commander than Roose Bolton. Not to mention that at this point the Tyrells were still on the Crown' side. There was no way for Roose to predict that Cersei would fuck it all up with her ego and her idiotic plan to use the High Sparrow to fuck with the Tyrells.Even without the Tyrells, Cersei and Jaime still have enough men to march on Winterfell and destroy Roose and his 5,000 men ( 6,000-7,000 if the rest of the North decides to support them ). Book Roose would never risk pissing off The Lannisters when he already has most of the North plotting his downfall. 

15 hours ago, LordMiddleFinger said:

They really fucked up when they decided to make Littlefinger an idiot in season 5. Why would he give Sansa to the Boltons? What did he gain by doing this? Nothing! They sort of had a way out and a chance to make Littlefinger a brilliant strategist in season 6, how? Well he could've just waited for Stannis and his Army to attack Winterfell and then come to the rescue with the Knights of the Vale ( sort of what he did in season 6, Battle of the Bastards ) and the Boltons would be out of the picture, Stannis would be a valuable ally considering that he was the greatest military commander in Westeros ( at least in the books he is ) and Littlefinger would have the upper hand in that partnership considering that he would control the larger force/army and Stannis would have to put up with him even though he despises people like Littlefinger. Later on Littlefinger could just betray Stannis by changing sides again or just have him assassinated and blame it on the Lannisters. The North would consider him a Hero for getting rid of Ramsay Bolton and for saving Sansa Bolton. Sansa would think that he did it because he loves her and he would be able to manipulate her to do whatever he wants her to do. Instead he waited like an idiot for The Boltons to destroy Stannis and his army, for Jon Snow to march on Winterfell which made him look like a hero ( that could've been you, show Baelish! ) and for Bran and Arya to come back to Winterfell and "play him at his own game". Hell he could've just gone through with whole: "Name me Warden of the North and I'll get rid of Stannis and the Boltons and bring you Sansa's head on a spike" scenario he used to manipulate Cersei. This could've worked, but Dumb and Dumber don't seem to care about LOGIC very much.

When it comes to Littlefinger, I consider it out of character that he wouldn’t have an idea about what sort of man Ramsay is. A liar should be able to sniff out another liar. 

3 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

When it comes to Littlefinger, I consider it out of character that he wouldn’t have an idea about what sort of man Ramsay is. A liar should be able to sniff out another liar. 

Ramsay had been openly flaying noblemen in the North, not to mention all the torturing, raping and killing of random people who he got his hands on. He's been hardly stealthy. You don't even need to have spies to find out what Ramsay is like. Heck, in the books, Jeyne Poole had heard about what Ramsay was like before her wedding, enough so to be afraid and beg Theon to help her. She apparently had better ways to learn intelligence than show Littlefinger did (not to mention was smarter than both him and show Sansa and more proactive than show Sansa, as she already realized what Ramsay was like and was trying to find an ally to get away).

On 1/9/2018 at 4:12 AM, LordMiddleFinger said:

Umm... remember the huge army that Tywin commanded during the WOTFK? In the show it's stated several times that Jaime has 30,000 men under his command and Tywin's host is even larger. Jaime's forces were destroyed in the show by some 16,000 Northmen ( even though Jaime had a much larger army then Robb did in the show version but whatever ). The point is, Tywin' part of the Lannister army was not really that weakened in the show. In the books Roose Bolton attacks the Lannisters with 16,000 men and Tywin had about 20,000 men in the books, so if the same thing happened in the show i would understand if they were like: "Tywin lost a lot of men during that battle, the Lannisters are in a very poor shape as a result of the war of the five Kings" but in the show Tywin has an army 30,000 strong and Robb sends 2,000 men to attack him, i doubt the Lannisters lost a great number of men during that battle, it was probably slaughter from the start. 

So how exactly do you figure that Roose Bolton had no reason to fear the Lannisters? Jaime ( who now leads the Lannister army ) is a pretty good military commander in the show. He is not on Tywin's level or on Stannis's level when it comes to strategy and tactics but he is a better commander than Roose Bolton. Not to mention that at this point the Tyrells were still on the Crown' side. There was no way for Roose to predict that Cersei would fuck it all up with her ego and her idiotic plan to use the High Sparrow to fuck with the Tyrells.Even without the Tyrells, Cersei and Jaime still have enough men to march on Winterfell and destroy Roose and his 5,000 men ( 6,000-7,000 if the rest of the North decides to support them ). Book Roose would never risk pissing off The Lannisters when he already has most of the North plotting his downfall. 

Could the army get through the Neck?

Archived