Weinstein/Hollywood Sex Scandal Continues To Produce Headlines

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Not really, they're just ignoring it. And since their viewers don't have a ton of other outlets that they follow, the story won't get a ton of negative attention in the right wing media ecosystem. 

Eh, they might be ignoring it now, but they weren't up until Hannity spit up on himself. 

5 hours ago, ummester said:

So what, the rich and powerful Angelina Jollies of the world aren't as powerful as they make out to be? If that is the case, why do they pretend to be so influential and powerful?

You see, the end result of your stance is that women are always some kind of victim. This is regressive, considering all the gains women made in waves 1 & 2 of feminism, where they de-victimised themselves and gave themselves agency.

Well fuck. Ladies, I'm *giving* us equal pay! Hold on a sec while I draft up the paperwork. 

Reading this thread has been fucking exhausting. Kelli, Theda, Lily, Dr. I doff my lady cap to you. In the meantime, expect your back pay in the mail. Tomorrow we're giving ourselves control over our uteri - goddamned latin! It's gonna be great.

Anyways, while gross the Roy Moore thing is hardly unprecedented. Unless you've forgotten about Jerry Lee Lewis. Christ, he has a biopic. We just don't talk about how he married his 13 year old cousin once removed because Great Balls of Fire! 

Or you know, Elvis. 

32 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Anyways, while gross the Roy Moore thing is hardly unprecedented. Unless you've forgotten about Jerry Lee Lewis. Christ, he has a biopic. We just don't talk about how he married his 13 year old cousin once removed because Great Balls of Fire! 

Or you know, Elvis. 

If we're going into this, let's bring up Lori Maddox, who, at 14, was kept locked up by Jimmy Page. David Bowie had already taken her virginity. Bring up John Lennon's abusive behaviour and you can ruin most of classic rock for people. 

39 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Or you know, Elvis. 

Bill Wyman was also dating a 13 year old as recently as 1983, but he was in the Stones so its all right apparently.

4 hours ago, ummester said:

So what, the rich and powerful Angelina Jollies of the world aren't as powerful as they make out to be? If that is the case, why do they pretend to be so influential and powerful?

You see, the end result of your stance is that women are always some kind of victim. This is regressive, considering all the gains women made in waves 1 & 2 of feminism, where they de-victimised themselves and gave themselves agency.

WTF is this drivel?

6 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

I wish so many dudes weren't so enthused to just play 'internet'and argue for the sake of debate and instead would just shut their fucking mouths and listen. 

Listen to text? That would be a neat trick.

/If I wanted to listen to something, I'd put on some music or download a podcast. This is a forum. Folks express their opinions on specific topics. Other folks may agree or disagree with those opinions. A back and forth might ensue. That's kind of what a forum is at its' core.

I was specifically referring to white men in the God-fearing South during the 50's, 60's, and early 70's. Get 'em young, groom them till they're legal and marry them. Bonus points if the parents are on board. 

But sure, let's conflate them with something else. Again. You clever fox.

The thing is, as has been noticed here, but evidently not on the larger media, that much older guys effing much younger girls, underage girls by the laws of the land, is actually a thing among many of these types found in Alabama and across the south, particularly within a lot of church affiliations. 14 year old girls are SUPPOSED to be pregnant, preferably by metaphorical ME, because that's how god likes it, wants it, and that's their function, the sooner the better.  Which explains a whole lot of missing outrage.  This is how things are supposed to be and they believe it.

Yes.  I have spent a LOT of time down there, alas, among these groups -- though fortunately among a lot of other groups as well, whom I like a lot!

25 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

"Shut their mouths and listen". That's not at all prickish.  

Well, luckily, like a few other disadvantaged groups, the unreconstructed bros of the internet have you to use hair-splitting and stale humor to stand up for their ability to deepen other people's understanding of just about any issue.

5 hours ago, ummester said:

Oh I get to use my favorite meme!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/db/db917b65dc76c5f49aeee9365b8b7ef246059e25a173582da40969fd784b1bce.jpg

6 hours ago, ummester said:

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit?  Would you like to try again?  Are you capable?  Have you read a single thing anyone has written in this thread or the links they've posted?  

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Well, luckily, like a few other disadvantaged groups, the unreconstructed bros of the internet have you to use hair-splitting and stale humor to stand up for their ability to deepen other people's understanding of just about any issue.

I don't even know how to respond to this without starting a dick measuring contest, so here's a rare pic of the elusive chickfish enjoying a nice cigarette break.

https://postimg.org/image/noxm9sb7t/

/Edited to add extra stale humor.

As this week’s delegate for the women I thank Mercurial Cannibal and Dante Gabriel and kalbear for their deft work as non hijacking allies. You will be spared when the feminist army comes to take away all the axe body spray and access to reddit and Mountain Dew 

Archived