Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger

Cleganebowl question

3 posts in this topic

Rewatching this episode again and something struck me.  I'm sure that this has been posited plenty of times, but is it possible that Sandor's ultimate act of redemption will be killing Gregor?  "What have they done to you?"  That somehow Sandor finds love of family, not his because Gregor is horrific, but through empathy and decides to end his life (by fire, it has to be by fire), to be merciful, something he has always lacked? Gregor is a complete asshole, but I don't think anyone deserves what he was turned into. It would be an interesting arc for Sandor. 

I'm sure there are plenty of ideas already about this, but I'm really bad at the search function.  Always comes back with exactly what I wasn't looking for. Please point me to threads that discuss already if you know.  

Thank you. 

1. Cleganebowl is happening, so whatever it takes to get there, D&D will do it to appease the fans.

2. I think personally, the Hound's character arc in the book is done with the gravedigger. It makes sense for him in the books and for him to come back doesn't make a great character arc. Now could D&D do something as you describe to bring it full circle, yeah that is a way to go. It's kinda cliche, the family member killing the other out of love even though they were treated poorly. But it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
But as far as the book goes, I think he is done so whatever the show does, is purely them coming up with stuff (hence why I think Cleganebowl will happen.)

Cleganebowl!  Fucking confirmed.  Get hype.

Midway through season five this show started becoming bad and season seven was absolute garbage.  Beautiful, entertaining garbage, but equally infuriating.  I don't care how it happens or what it means to the characters, it is the most important thing to me to see in season eight.  That, and a character acknowledging that Danerys has never explained what she means by breaking the wheel and that actually everything she has ever done was extremely self serving.  But i'll settle for Cleganebowl.  I don't believe it will be a redemption thing though.

Agreed with @btfu806 on the books, Sandor is not coming back.