Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ordos

I'm meeting the President of Indonesia

8 posts in this topic

My Dad owns a company that runs a sugar factory in the province where I live. The government of Indonesia is giving the company an award for sustainability. Due to scheduling conflicts, my Dad asked me to go Jakarta and the Presidential Palace to represent him and collect the award. President Joko Widodo will be presenting the awards to myself and other companies with projects in other provinces. After the ceremony, I've been told that I will have lunch with the President. I will be given a 30 second to 2 minute window to talk to the President. I'd love to say something political to him, but I have a script and need to say something about the company to him. 

The highest ranking politician I've ever met before now is the former Prime Minister of Latvia Indulis Emsis. This will be my first sitting head of state. I'm getting myself a new set of formal clothes and a haircut.

Does anyone here happen to have met sitting heads of state and/or government and have a picture on the wall of your home shaking hands with the said head of state and/or government?

One of my mature age  students almost ran over a Young John Howard with his car, John Howard was the Prime minister of Australia , The prime minister is technically not the head of state but the Prime minister is the one that meets with the other heads of state. 

Ah another Ordos thread.........

Nice

On 11/10/2017 at 11:30 AM, Ordos said:

My Dad owns a company that runs a sugar factory in the province where I live. The government of Indonesia is giving the company an award for sustainability. Due to scheduling conflicts, my Dad asked me to go Jakarta and the Presidential Palace to represent him and collect the award. President Joko Widodo will be presenting the awards to myself and other companies with projects in other provinces. After the ceremony, I've been told that I will have lunch with the President. I will be given a 30 second to 2 minute window to talk to the President. I'd love to say something political to him, but I have a script and need to say something about the company to him. 

The highest ranking politician I've ever met before now is the former Prime Minister of Latvia Indulis Emsis. This will be my first sitting head of state. I'm getting myself a new set of formal clothes and a haircut.

Does anyone here happen to have met sitting heads of state and/or government and have a picture on the wall of your home shaking hands with the said head of state and/or government?

I think you should wear the splash party tshirt underneath your new boss threads

31 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

I think you should wear the splash party tshirt underneath your new boss threads

I second this excellent idea 

7 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Warn him about the terrorists you saw.

The ones with beards taking photos? I saw a couple of them outside the castle in Nottingham the other day. Nearly had a heart attack. It's cleary an international network.

On 11/12/2017 at 3:01 AM, chuck norris 42 said:

One of my mature age  students almost ran over a Young John Howard with his car, John Howard was the Prime minister of Australia ,

As someone once said: What a story!

Funny responses... I thought the subject of this thread was uncontroversial enough.

Anyway, I just got my new batik shirt and a haircut. The award ceremony was postponed for a few days, but I will get information when it the new date is announced.