Aegon VI Targaryen

AlaskanSandman

So id like to talk about Aegon some, why i think he is likely the real Aegon and what maybe his role is to play. If your not familiar with it, i believe there is a cyclic story of 2 brothers going to war over their sister. garths-children-and-their-war-of-love I also believe Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark, while Daenerys is the child Rhaegar and Ashara Dayne, the-dayne-heiress-daenerys  Aegon VI would be the first born son of Rhaegar to Elia Martell. Thus completing the 2 brothers warring for their sister. This would make Jon the side of Ice vs that of Fire with Aegon, for the love of their sister. 

So will Aegon side with Cersei against the forces of Jon and Daenerys? I almost think so as Tyrion has successfully sown seeds of discord between Aegon and Dany with Aegon going ahead of her to conquer Westeros first. Something you may think would be good for Dany, but for the added seeds of Quiathe and her claim of the Mummer's Dragon. Which Dany thinks of as a fake dragon, equating it to the dragons flags on poles waved about by mummers for their plays. Dany of course is wrong though, he is not fake. The "mummer's Dragon". This is possessive. Varys is the mummer and his Dragon is Aegon, who is a real dragon.

Varys even mentions as much to Kevin Lannister which seems odd to mention to a dying man. You would think telling the truth would drive the final knife through his heart, why lie? Some say their may have been other ears and that Varys simply wanted his lil birds to report it back to Qyburn. Which may be the case, or may not. Varys used the secret passages more than likely an may not have been seen at all and knew he was in private. This is all debate-able and can't be proven yet either way, but given the basic repeating narrative of brother vs brother for a throne/woman, i can't help but feel this is the case. Daemon vs Daeron vs Daenerys, Aemon vs Aegon IV for Naery, Bloodraven vs Bittersteel for Shiera Seastar and so on.

Dany may come to war with her brother though due to Quiathe and Tyrion. We all already suspect Dany and Jon of uniting against the forces of the Others. So if they unite, who can Aegon unite with? Cersei seems the main option unless he sides with House Tyrell or House Martell, who seeks to meet him. 

How might this play out and who would Aegon side with? If he can't marry Dany, it seems likely to me that a marriage alliance with Cersei would be beneficial to both. Cersei would also finally have her Rhaegar that she always wanted, and Aegon would have his claim to the throne already established by Cersei. With Kings Landing vs Dragonstone and Dany. 

Would the Martell's side with Aegon? or Daenerys? 

House Tyrell i would assume would side with Daenerys, as they could offer a son for marriage too. 

Curious any thoughts into all of this

1 hour ago, AlaskanSandman said:

So will Aegon side with Cersei against the forces of Jon and Daenerys?

What makes you think there'll be a Dany/Jon alliance? If Dany does finally reach Westeros she'd ally with Aegon. Also why would he team up with Cersei? She has no power, House Lannister is in shambles, and his aim is to seize the throne from her son.

I almost think so as Tyrion has successfully sown seeds of discord between Aegon and Dany with Aegon going ahead of her to conquer Westeros first.

Tyrion wasn't trying to create discord, he was advising Aegon to prove himself to Dany instead of coming to her like a beggar. 

Dany of course is wrong though, he is not fake. The "mummer's Dragon". This is possessive. Varys is the mummer and his Dragon is Aegon, who is a real dragon.

It is possible that he is fake but genuinely believes he's the son of Elia Martell and Rhaegar Targaryen; a bit of a Perkin Warbeck/Henry VII hybrid. Though I do like your theory about Varys.

Varys even mentions as much to Kevin Lannister which seems odd to mention to a dying man. You would think telling the truth would drive the final knife through his heart, why lie?

That's true, but I feel like it's too good to be true for Rhaegar's long lost son to finally appear right at the end of the series and simply seize the throne.

Dany may come to war with her brother though due to Quiathe and Tyrion.

Aegon's her nephew. Tyrion hasn't even met her yet so we don't know how he'd react to her but he did advise Aegon to prove himself to her which means he has no interest in creating discord.

We all already suspect Dany and Jon of uniting against the forces of the Others. So if they unite, who can Aegon unite with?

Aegon can still ally with Dany, if she comes to Westeros she'd hear about the Targaryen prince before she hears about the Others.

Cersei seems the main option unless he sides with House Tyrell or House Martell, who seeks to meet him. 

Cersei isn't an option, she's weak, has no allies and now that Kevan's dead House Lannister is doomed. I can see the Tyrells changing sides if he promises to marry Margaery and/or Arianne marries Willas.

How might this play out and who would Aegon side with? If he can't marry Dany, it seems likely to me that a marriage alliance with Cersei would be beneficial to both.

There's no reason to doubt he'd marry Dany, and why would Cersei be beneficial? She's old and is the mother of the current king, it would be more beneficial for him to marry Dany, Sansa, Margaery, Myrcella, or Arianne.

Aegon would have his claim to the throne already established by Cersei. With Kings Landing vs Dragonstone and Dany. 

Cersei has no claim to the throne and Dany doesn't have Dragonstone, you're falling into show territory a bit here...

Aegon because he's family and as Rhaegar's son he's claim is stronger, plus he's actually in Westeros unlike Dany whose still in Mereen.

2 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

House Tyrell i would assume would side with Daenerys, as they could offer a son for marriage too. 

Actually it makes more sense that they side with Aegon if he marries Margaery

17 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

What makes you think there'll be a Dany/Jon alliance? If Dany does finally reach Westeros she'd ally with Aegon. Also why would he team up with Cersei? She has no power, House Lannister is in shambles, and his aim is to seize the throne from her son.

Because, they have to fight the forces of the Others together and are both Azor Ahai types. 

I explained the reason to side with Cersei but ill come back to this as you bring it up again.

18 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Tyrion wasn't trying to create discord, he was advising Aegon to prove himself to Dany instead of coming to her like a beggar

That's one way to read that, another was that he suspects Illyrio of being up to something and sought to throw what ever it was off track. Thus telling Aegon he needs to prove him self, which IMO will only cause further suspicion on Dany's part, as the better thing to do, especially with her, would be to humble him self before her. Not come at her from a position of power making demands or ultimatums. This is how i read it though.

21 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

It is possible that he is fake but genuinely believes he's the son of Elia Martell and Rhaegar Targaryen; a bit of a Perkin Warbeck/Henry VII hybrid. Though I do like your theory about Varys.

Yea its been an open ended debate for a while because of this scene, im aware. Im taking a side for though. Varys was telling the truth. IMO :)

22 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

That's true, but I feel like it's too good to be true for Rhaegar's long lost son to finally appear right at the end of the series and simply seize the throne.

I never said he would get the throne. Im not sure any one will get the throne honestly. I just think he'll contend against Dany for it. Again, this is per the ancient struggle played out multiple times, brother vs brother for a throne/woman. 

23 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Aegon's her nephew. Tyrion hasn't even met her yet so we don't know how he'd react to her but he did advise Aegon to prove himself to her which means he has no interest in creating discord.

? No, she's not. I covered this by attaching my other thread. Daenerys is the child of Rhaegar and Ashara Dayne and Daenerys is the Dayne Heiress. I am well aware of the common belief that she is who she thinks she is, are you aware of the multiple theories that she is not who she thinks she is? This would build upon that. Many who think Dany is who she thinks she is will have problems with this theory. Again though, i back up my thoughts for these in the threads attached. Id start with the Garth thread then the Daenerys one to understand where im coming from and what all textual evidence im using. There is no real world analogies or far reaching ideas that are not already presented in the text. No extra mythologies to take in. I keep my info and such strictly to the books and what Martin has printed.

29 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Aegon can still ally with Dany, if she comes to Westeros she'd hear about the Targaryen prince before she hears about the Others.

Again, i see this as the seeds of discord already planted by Tryion and Dany's misunderstanding of Quiathe's prophecy. I think Dany will not be happy about some guy popping up claiming to be Rhaegar's son out of no where, backed by Illyrio, and kept secret from Dany, while having already taken part of Westeros before Dany. Dany has every reason to not trust Aegon on the basis of Illyrio hiding him from her. 

31 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Cersei isn't an option, she's weak, has no allies and now that Kevan's dead House Lannister is doomed. I can see the Tyrells changing sides if he promises to marry Margaery and/or Arianne marries Willas.

Since Aegon will find resistance IMO from Dany, he will need other allies. Now maybe not the Lannisters, but then consider this. He merely needs to get the throne, Cersei can die after. Again though, maybe not the Lannisters, this is the point of the post. I agree there is still the Dornish and the Tyrells, both of whom would be favorable on the grounds that they didn't usurp Aegon's family. I think your a lil off though if you think Cersei isn't still a threat. 

35 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

There's no reason to doubt he'd marry Dany, and why would Cersei be beneficial? She's old and is the mother of the current king, it would be more beneficial for him to marry Dany, Sansa, Margaery, Myrcella, or Arianne.

Theres every reason i listed above to doubt Dany and Aegon will be teaming up. Why Cersei? She already has the throne essentially through her son. The daughter is an option but she's sworn to marry to Trystan. Not that that can't change though. Margery is with Tommen so he can't marry her. There is Arianne and Dorne though. Maybe he'll simply kill all the Lannisters. This is what i want to discuss. Dorne is gonna be split though if im right about Aegon and Dany coming to odds. Or maybe your right in that Dany and Aegon will hook up against Jon, but i just dont see that. Aegon is a late player and expendable. Jon is one of our Azor Ahai types.

41 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Cersei has no claim to the throne and Dany doesn't have Dragonstone, you're falling into show territory a bit here..

Not really. Its really not that hard to foresee the prophecy told to Cersei coming true. It's that simple. You dont need to watch the crap show to make that deduction. All her children will die, leaving her to take the throne. Margery sure isn't getting it. It also doesnt take much to know Dany will take the ancient seat of her house. Plus, Aegon doesn't exist in the show and neither does Ashara Dayne, yet at least. So nothing about my thread is built around the show. 

47 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Aegon because he's family and as Rhaegar's son he's claim is stronger, plus he's actually in Westeros unlike Dany whose still in Mereen.

Ahhh now this is interesting and i wonder about. Doran does have Arianne on her way and Quentyn seems to have failed. So we know he's aware of both and playing both cards. We also know though that Daenerys and Viserys have been apart of his plan for along time, while Aegon hits him at unawares. So it's really up to whether he believes Aegon is who he say's he is. I think he very much will want to as it would mean his grandchild is still alive, but something may deter him too. I often wonder if Doran knows of Varys and Illyrio. 

53 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Actually it makes more sense that they side with Aegon if he marries Margaery

Except that Tommen and Margaery have already wed and shared a bed together. So there may be problems there. 

I am sure Aegon will capture King's Landing and establish himself as king before Daenerys steps foot in Westeros, or has a chance to meet Jon. I think it is more likely the Tyrells sell the Lannisters out to Aegon. The Lannisters have no support in Westeros outside the westerlands, other than probably half-assed support from the hated Boltons and Freys. Tommen is a child, it will be many years before he is able to try for an heir with Marg. I doubt Aegon is Rhaegar's dead son, but I think Westeros will welcome him enthusiastically, both those who believe it, and those who doubt it.

Random thought and question. 

Will the Hightowers knowingly or unknowingly take up arms against a Targaryen, with Old Town falling as per prophecy?

Who would this be?

Many feel that the parentage of Daenerys is unquestionable and that many in Westeros also recognize her as the child of Aerys and Rhaella. So, assuming this is the case, House Hightower would knowingly try to avoid taking up arms against her.

So what about Aegon?

No one in Westeros can decide if he is legit or not. Even us reader's are left in the dark

I have recently posted a thread citing the tales Sansa loves so much as to pointing to 2 brothers warring over a sister. I go on to mention that if this is the case. Jon may go to war against Aegon at some point over Daenerys. This obviously works off the fact that i think Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna while Daenerys is the child of Rhaegar and Ashara Dayne. Aegon would thus be real and the child of Rhaegar and Elia. Now whether im right in that thread or not, the point above all this still  stands.

Westeros knows who Dany is, they do not how ever know who Aegon is.

So will House Hightower take up arms against Aegon, thinking him to be a fake, and are wrong?

Thoughts.

So this is from a thread i just started to pose a question about the Hightowers but ties back to Aegon being actually real. As he is likely to be the Targaryen that House Hightower accidentally takes up arms against. 

On 11/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, Bael's Bastard said:

I am sure Aegon will capture King's Landing and establish himself as king before Daenerys steps foot in Westeros, or has a chance to meet Jon. I think it is more likely the Tyrells sell the Lannisters out to Aegon. The Lannisters have no support in Westeros outside the westerlands, other than probably half-assed support from the hated Boltons and Freys. Tommen is a child, it will be many years before he is able to try for an heir with Marg. I doubt Aegon is Rhaegar's dead son, but I think Westeros will welcome him enthusiastically, both those who believe it, and those who doubt it.

See quote above. There seems to me to be a high chance that Aegon is indeed real

22 hours ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

I just don't see a scenario where his act goes undiscovered. If he is indeed The  Mummers Dragon/A pretender.

Correction- "mummer's dragon" is possessive. So the mummer is a person, not a thing. The mummer is Varys and his dragon is Aegon.

43 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

See quote above. There seems to me to be a high chance that Aegon is indeed real

Correction- "mummer's dragon" is possessive. So the mummer is a person, not a thing. The mummer is Varys and his dragon is Aegon.

That's your interpretation of it. I look at it more as a literal fake dragon, not very different from Tanselle Too Tall's in The Hedge Knight.

13 minutes ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

That's your interpretation of it. I look at it more as a literal fake dragon, not very different from Tanselle Too Tall's in The Hedge Knight.

True. Sorry. I started to post an argument and realized i fuged up haha so edit to- True :)

29 minutes ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

I edited as a possessive noun is indeed shown as such. Mummer would be mummer's as the word is singular in nature. When speaking mummers as Dany does at the end would indicate plural form of mummer. Yet when Barristan speaks mummer's, this is different. As multiple mummers owning something would be "mummers' dragon". This is singular possessive though, "mummer's dragon". 

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys V

"A dead man in the prow of a ship, a blue rose, a banquet of blood . . . what does any of it mean, Khaleesi? A mummer's dragon, you said. What is a mummer's dragon, pray?"

"A cloth dragon on poles," Dany explained. "Mummers use them in their follies, to give the heroes something to fight."

Ser Jorah frowned.

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys II

"Are you here?"

"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

"Reznak? Why should I fear him?" Dany rose from the pool. Water trickled down her legs, and gooseflesh covered her arms in the cool night air. "If you have some warning for me, speak plainly. What do you want of me, Quaithe?"

I edited as a possessive noun is indeed shown as such. Mummer would be mummer's as the word is singular in nature. When speaking mummers as Dany does at the end would indicate plural form of mummer. Yet when Barristan speaks mummer's, this is different. As multiple mummers owning something would be "mummers' dragon". This is singular possessive though, "mummer's dragon". 

As your quotes show, it's written in multiple ways depending on whom it may be coming from within the chapter/s, and on whoms side the speaker may be on. Only goes to point out the mysticism and interest this topic always seems to garner. But as said before, personally, from how I interpreted it when I first read it in the House Of Undying chapter, I saw it more as a literal fake dragon, whether it be of clothe or wood or lack of true Targaryen blood. And that sums up my opinion on "Aegon VI".

On 11/11/2017 at 6:19 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

So id like to talk about Aegon some, why i think he is likely the real Aegon and what maybe his role is to play. If your not familiar with it, i believe there is a cyclic story of 2 brothers going to war over their sister. garths-children-and-their-war-of-love I also believe Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark, while Daenerys is the child Rhaegar and Ashara Dayne, the-dayne-heiress-daenerys  Aegon VI would be the first born son of Rhaegar to Elia Martell. Thus completing the 2 brothers warring for their sister. This would make Jon the side of Ice vs that of Fire with Aegon, for the love of their sister. 

So will Aegon side with Cersei against the forces of Jon and Daenerys? I almost think so as Tyrion has successfully sown seeds of discord between Aegon and Dany with Aegon going ahead of her to conquer Westeros first. Something you may think would be good for Dany, but for the added seeds of Quiathe and her claim of the Mummer's Dragon. Which Dany thinks of as a fake dragon, equating it to the dragons flags on poles waved about by mummers for their plays. Dany of course is wrong though, he is not fake. The "mummer's Dragon". This is possessive. Varys is the mummer and his Dragon is Aegon, who is a real dragon.

Varys even mentions as much to Kevin Lannister which seems odd to mention to a dying man. You would think telling the truth would drive the final knife through his heart, why lie? Some say their may have been other ears and that Varys simply wanted his lil birds to report it back to Qyburn. Which may be the case, or may not. Varys used the secret passages more than likely an may not have been seen at all and knew he was in private. This is all debate-able and can't be proven yet either way, but given the basic repeating narrative of brother vs brother for a throne/woman, i can't help but feel this is the case. Daemon vs Daeron vs Daenerys, Aemon vs Aegon IV for Naery, Bloodraven vs Bittersteel for Shiera Seastar and so on.

Dany may come to war with her brother though due to Quiathe and Tyrion. We all already suspect Dany and Jon of uniting against the forces of the Others. So if they unite, who can Aegon unite with? Cersei seems the main option unless he sides with House Tyrell or House Martell, who seeks to meet him. 

How might this play out and who would Aegon side with? If he can't marry Dany, it seems likely to me that a marriage alliance with Cersei would be beneficial to both. Cersei would also finally have her Rhaegar that she always wanted, and Aegon would have his claim to the throne already established by Cersei. With Kings Landing vs Dragonstone and Dany. 

Curious any thoughts into all of this

Your theory is interesting and it could play out this way.  The author himself was rumored to have been in a love triangle in his past.  I would not discount your theory as it is a good one but there are few problems with it.

1. Jon is dead.  Jon Coldhands is not a desirable groom for any girl. 
  2. I don't think Daenerys is a Dayne.  The prophecy instructing her ancestors to marry within the family was all an effort to birth the mother of dragons.  Dany has to be special and Rhaegar banging Ashara is not going to produce an extraordinary baby.  The baby has to be the child of two dragons, I think.  I have no proof here but it just feels right to me. 
  3. Arriane Martell will get to Aegon first and an older woman can play with a vulnerable (horny) young man very easily.

The love triangle may involve other men but I agree with you that two men will fall in love with Dany.  Jorah and Victarion are leading my list.

1 hour ago, Annalee said:

Your theory is interesting and it could play out this way.  The author himself was rumored to have been in a love triangle in his past.  I would not discount your theory as it is a good one but there are few problems with it.

1. Jon is dead.  Jon Coldhands is not a desirable groom for any girl. 
  2. I don't think Daenerys is a Dayne.  The prophecy instructing her ancestors to marry within the family was all an effort to birth the mother of dragons.  Dany has to be special and Rhaegar banging Ashara is not going to produce an extraordinary baby.  The baby has to be the child of two dragons, I think.  I have no proof here but it just feels right to me. 
  3. Arriane Martell will get to Aegon first and an older woman can play with a vulnerable (horny) young man very easily.

The love triangle may involve other men but I agree with you that two men will fall in love with Dany.  Jorah and Victarion are leading my list.

Thank you :) I thought to mention that about the author to to show inspiration but obviously didn't. It is definitely something that seems to be a reoccurring theme that others than i have also noticed. You may be right that the love triangle may involve other men, but there are reason's i believe it's Jon and Aegon. Mainly built upon the many other tidbits of the story like Jon and Dany being the two main characters as they are opposites. 

1. Jon is dead but will be brought back. Likely by Mel some how, making Jon a Fire Wight. Daenerys may or may not be made aware of this. 

2. the-dayne-heiress-daenerys for more on my theory to due with Dany. And i would venture no on the two dragons being the thing as Aerys's parents and the ones before didn't produce dragons either. dragons-only-death-can-pay-for-life some conversation and thought about the dragons. Essentially though, the Targaryens mostly lost their dragon gene. Dany and Mirri inadvertently bonded her blood to the dragons and reawoke them. (This is different than how the dragons were created to begin with though.) Either way though she is also still Targaryen on her fathers side by Rhaegar. Ashara Dayne being her mother goes into deeper stuff to do with the role and purpose of Dawn and Nissa Nissa which can only be full filled by a Dayne in my eyes. Also to do with the Daynes likely being part of their ancient family from the dawn days and the children of Garth. garths-children-and-their-war-of-love See here for more on the ancient narrative of the 3 children of Garth the Green. Of 2 brothers the Grey King and Durran God's grief who warred over their sister/throne. This is the cyclical narrative the paints my view of the current story to do with Jon and Dany. The sacrifice of Nissa Nissa by Dawn and the role Dany plays into that is all tied together into the past and the end game of the story. 

3.This is very true haha 

3 hours ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

As your quotes show, it's written in multiple ways depending on whom it may be coming from within the chapter/s, and on whoms side the speaker may be on. Only goes to point out the mysticism and interest this topic always seems to garner. But as said before, personally, from how I interpreted it when I first read it in the House Of Undying chapter, I saw it more as a literal fake dragon, whether it be of clothe or wood or lack of true Targaryen blood. And that sums up my opinion on "Aegon VI".

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys V

"A dead man in the prow of a ship, a blue rose, a banquet of blood . . . what does any of it mean, Khaleesi? A mummer's dragon, you said. What is a mummer's dragon, pray?"

"A cloth dragon on poles," Dany explained. "Mummers use them in their follies, to give the heroes something to fight."

Ser Jorah frowned.

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys II

"Are you here?"

"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

"Reznak? Why should I fear him?" Dany rose from the pool. Water trickled down her legs, and gooseflesh covered her arms in the cool night air. "If you have some warning for me, speak plainly. What do you want of me, Quaithe?"

Um, no. Its said one way. "Mummer's dragon". Dany simply uses the word mummers again which goes to prove my point about grammar in the English language. This is not opinion, this is fact. 

3 hours ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

To make a singular noun possessive, add an apostrophe and an “s.” This applies to plural nouns that do not end with an “s”, like children - children's and men - men's. When making plural possessive nouns, add only an apostrophe if the noun ends with an “s”, like buses' and countries'.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/parts-of-speech/nouns/plural-possessive-noun.html

While I too have noticed the trend of having two brothers fight each other for their sister, here is my question:

Why would Aegon and Jon fight each other for Daenerys? Let's say that you are right in that they are all half-siblings; by rights, Aegon is the one who will sit on the Iron Throne, as he is the eldest of Rhaegar's surviving children. Jon would come next, but we still have no confirmation on whether or not he is a bastard, which means that he could have no claim at all. But even if he was legitimate, why would he want the Iron Throne? Jon doesn't really want anything and just accepts life and fate as it is. If there's anything Jon wants, it's Winterfell and his own legitimate children, but he is well-aware that he can't legally have that, as he has no claim to Winterfell either and has sworn to never have any children.

Aegon would need Daenerys because she has dragons and she is the only one who no one doubts is a Targaryen. Daenerys would also benefit from marrying Aegon, as it would make her at least queen-consort of the Seven Kingdoms. Jon will have no need from trying to get together with Daenerys, as he doesn't have a right and seemingly doesn't want the Iron Throne. And Daenerys would also have no need to marry Jon, as Jon has nothing; no claim, no army, no dragons and no wealth to speak of.

All in all, I just simply can't see why the two brothers would fight each other because of their sister.

27 minutes ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

While I too have noticed the trend of having two brothers fight each other for their sister, here is my question:

Why would Aegon and Jon fight each other for Daenerys? Let's say that you are right in that they are all half-siblings; by rights, Aegon is the one who will sit on the Iron Throne, as he is the eldest of Rhaegar's surviving children. Jon would come next, but we still have no confirmation on whether or not he is a bastard, which means that he could have no claim at all. But even if he was legitimate, why would he want the Iron Throne? Jon doesn't really want anything and just accepts life and fate as it is. If there's anything Jon wants, it's Winterfell and his own legitimate children, but he is well-aware that he can't legally have that, as he has no claim to Winterfell either and has sworn to never have any children.

Aegon would need Daenerys because she has dragons and she is the only one who no one doubts is a Targaryen. Daenerys would also benefit from marrying Aegon, as it would make her at least queen-consort of the Seven Kingdoms. Jon will have no need from trying to get together with Daenerys, as he doesn't have a right and seemingly doesn't want the Iron Throne. And Daenerys would also have no need to marry Jon, as Jon has nothing; no claim, no army, no dragons and no wealth to speak of.

All in all, I just simply can't see why the two brothers would fight each other because of their sister.

Jon doesn't want the Iron Throne and likely wont sit upon it. May not be legitimate either so may have no legal claim to. Jon will come to blows with Aegon for siding with Dany for her dragons in the fight against the Others. 

Dany will be the reason they come to odds with Aegon. Jon is not the reason for this. Not in this scenario. Dany is as she wont trust whether Aegon is real or not. Look at it from her eyes. Illyrio, the man who supposedly has been helping her, has also secretly kept her family from her. That alone will cause distrust. Second, Dany misinterprets Quiathes warning regarding the mummer's dragon and thinks it a warning to not trust Aegon. Lastly, Aegon didn't come to her first before taking Westeros and making demands of her. Thank you Tyrion. 

3 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Um, no. Its said one way. "Mummer's dragon". Dany simply uses the word mummers again which goes to prove my point about grammar in the English language. This is not opinion, this is fact.

If you say so. I'm referring to how its said in the book. When asked what is a mummers dragon, by Ser Jorah, and she plainly says "a clothe dragon, on poles", like what the mummers use. Which is why I interpret it as a literal fake dragon, when it's mentioned in that chapter, I simply don't take it as meaning simply Varys' dragon. Whats the issue? I have a different interpretation than you do, simple. It's okay to have differing interpretations, opinions and viewpoints.

Haha no issue, just makin my case :) My case being that that interpretation is the same one every one else makes for the same reason. Martin gives us an answer seemingly soon as he brings up the subject. My point is that it was a misdirect meant to make people question Aegon, but that there is actually a different clue there. 

Either way, it simply still just refers to Aegon still, just not him as F/aegon. Its an early clue that Varys and Illyrio have another Dragon as this is before Aegon actually pops up. So Martin successfully makes us question him before he's actually introduced, having already tainted our mind against him by Danys interpretation. 

And yes lol you or more than welcome to have your own opinion and disagree haha again, just making my case. Your opinion is the same one shared by most, so it's not personal against you

Archived