No mention this season regarding "who should get the Dreadfort"

A Ghost of Someone

Is it not a little off, no one mentions The Dreadfort getting new ownership, considering the Northern Assembly was deciding what to do with Karhold and Last Hearth, the Karstark and Umber castles respectively, after they sided with The Boltons and lost. Now, this may be a little bit of a troll because we all know that Sansa is legally or should be in the showverse, Lady Bolton, until and unless she ever marries again.The marriage was legit and the Dreadfort, which is a major Stronghold in the North should belong to her but she is Lady of Winterfell. So, why does the show not mention it?

2 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

"If you think D&D have been paying attention, you haven't been paying attention."

Ramsay 'Meta' Bolton, 302 AL.

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Must be the kennel where Ghost is living…

In that case, please let Ghost stay there so that he does not get the Summer treatment.

Haven't you heard? House prices are at an all-time low in Westeros due to all those massive, empty castles, keeps and holdfasts all across the Seven Kingdoms. Sunspear, the Watergardens, the Twins, Riverrun, Dragonstone (though I hear Daenerys put a deposit on it), Harrenhal (though, I hear it's cursed), Storm's End, Highgarden, and now Dreadfort. Together with Winter coming, there has never been a better time to buy property in the Seven Kingdoms!

...In all seriousness, though, I don't know. They went to the effort of bringing Karhold and Last Hearth's ownership into question so it seems odd they didn't bring up Dreadfort. It's like D&D forgot the Boltons even had their own seat prior to them moving into Winterfell.

4 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Must be the kennel where Ghost is living…

4 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

In that case, please let Ghost stay there so that he does not get the Summer treatment.

Don't mention Summer!

I still have nightmares... :crying:

8 hours ago, Faera said:

...In all seriousness, though, I don't know. They went to the effort of bringing Karhold and Last Hearth's ownership into question so it seems odd they didn't bring up Dreadfort. It's like D&D forgot the Boltons even had their own seat prior to them moving 

The only reason those two were mentioned was because the White Walkers will attack those castles in 8x01/8x02 is my bet.... or just to have Jon say the line that he won’t judge a child by the sins of the father. 

The dreadfort was not mentioned because it will probably have no more plot relevance. 

13 hours ago, Faera said:

Haven't you heard? House prices are at an all-time low in Westeros due to all those massive, empty castles, keeps and holdfasts all across the Seven Kingdoms. Sunspear, the Watergardens, the Twins, Riverrun, Dragonstone (though I hear Daenerys put a deposit on it), Harrenhal (though, I hear it's cursed), Storm's End, Highgarden, and now Dreadfort. Together with Winter coming, there has never been a better time to buy property in the Seven Kingdoms!

...In all seriousness, though, I don't know. They went to the effort of bringing Karhold and Last Hearth's ownership into question so it seems odd they didn't bring up Dreadfort. It's like D&D forgot the Boltons even had their own seat prior to them moving into Winterfell.

Would you honestly want to watch all those talking scenes where they cleared up whose second son now has which castle? I don't know.

Maybe they'll do a DVD bonus thing about it. If enough people actually cared. ;)

1 hour ago, Zapho said:

Would you honestly want to watch all those talking scenes where they cleared up whose second son now has which castle? I don't know.

Maybe they'll do a DVD bonus thing about it. If enough people actually cared. ;)

Wait.... that would not be great tv?

8 hours ago, Zapho said:

7 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Wait.... that would not be great tv?

I'd be somewhat behind this if they didn't bring up Karhold and Last Hearth in a similar light and seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable telly.

11 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I'd be somewhat behind this if they didn't bring up Karhold and Last Hearth in a similar light and seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable telly.

True. That was lame. Why focus on that when you can talk about the importance of cocks and try and fool people that two sisters will kill each other.

2 hours ago, Rhodan said:

Of course it might matter for one simple reason. As a reward for the loyalists, which they were discussing. 

Exactly, and it is a heavily fortified castle with strong walls so it would be beneficial to hand it over to a strong family who can man it and shelter people within it. Last Harth and Karhold might be the Northern most castles but the Night's King is probably gonna hit them all up eventually.

So, Jon and Sansa are idiots for not allocating it to someone to look after. I mean, it is technically Sansa's now, so she can give it to the Vale Knights as a reward or something or at least put some of them up there.

Archived