What if Sansa was sent to parley Daenerys?

UFT

jon realises he has no hand for talking things out and sends sansa instead to negotiate a deal to send men north. how does this conversation play out and how would it have affected events following through to the rest of the known timeline?

Ugh, I lost what I was going to say... stupid text box!

While I don't think Sansa would have ever gone herself, if she had gone, much of the initial conversation would still be the same. Sansa wouldn't have pussyfooted around the reason why she's there: "If you take King's Landing then we can talk about Southern-Northern relations. Right now, we in the North elected my brother Jon as King in the North. He understands that Dragonstone has a cave of dragonglass beneath it that he requires for his war against the White Walkers. Please allow us to mine it for weapons and in return, we will remain neutral in the war between you and Cersei."

As much as Sansa hates Cersei, I don't see her wanting to be BFFs with Dany either. On a personal level, as far as Sansa is concerned, Daenerys's family name is tainted by Stark blood thanks to her father and brother, and Dany herself doesn't exactly have glowing reviews from Essos. Will the smallfolk of Westeros call Daenerys their saviour when her dragons have burned down their homes and harvest? Nope.

On 14/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, Faera said:

Dany herself doesn't exactly have glowing reviews from Essos.

Astapor - 1/10. Doesn't deliver on dragon trade deals. Would not trade with again.

Yunkai - 3/10. Crowdsurfed outside city, made embarrassment of herself.

Meereen - 2/10. Left city in charge of untrustworthy cowboy army, didn't deliver on promises.

Qarth - 1/10. Let usurper kill our leaders, then locked said usurper in a vault. City total anarchy now. Would not host again.

32 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Astapor - 1/10. Doesn't deliver on dragon trade deals. Would not trade with again.

Meereen - 2/10. Left city in charge of untrustworthy cowboy army, didn't deliver on promises.

Qarth - 1/10. Let usurper kill our leaders, then locked said usurper in a vault. City total anarchy now. Would not host again.

Exactly! ;)

56 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

She would have been forcibly given back to the Imp as a reward for being a loyal Hand. She would have been a hostage again.

And Tyrion, being such a NiceGuy™ that refuses free sex with sex slaves that apparently have enough agency to offer said free sex, would be like 'FORSOOTH, I, TYRION LANNISTER, TELLER OF QUIPS D&D THINK ARE WITTY, CANNOT HAVE SEX WITH YOU, SANSA!'

On 11/16/2017 at 9:44 AM, Beardy the Wildling said:

That’s actually pretty funny.

Now would Littlefinger follow Sansa south...

3 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

And Tyrion, being such a NiceGuy™ that refuses free sex with sex slaves that apparently have enough agency to offer said free sex, would be like 'FORSOOTH, I, TYRION LANNISTER, TELLER OF QUIPS D&D THINK ARE WITTY, CANNOT HAVE SEX WITH YOU, SANSA!'

Your posts are awesome.

4 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Im sure he would have then advocated for her to be used as Bait to get Jon there and then Dany would have them both.

Davos should have been sent there. He knows Dragonstone better than any of them and Stannis already told Sam in before he left for the Citidel that there was Dragonglass there.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Davos should have been sent there. He knows Dragonstone better than any of them and Stannis already told Sam in before he left for the Citidel that there was Dragonglass there.

That's a really good point, Davos would have been perfectly used here, and in a way that wasn't Jon's personal chipper quipper!

20 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

And he would not  have thrown away Northern Sovereignty like Jon Boy did. That still irks me.

I can't imagine the North ever naming a Stark "King in the North" out of free will ever again.

Torrhen giving up his crown, fine, perfectly understandable.

On the other hand you have one dumbass who put his dick before his people and another guy who gave up his people's independence like that. To make matters worse, Daenerys seemed to be fine with the North being independent, right before Jon hailed her as his queen.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, UFT said:

if Sansa asked, would Dany let them be independent? she immediately agreed to give sovereignty back to ironborn simply because yara asked politely. 

The problem is that the Iron Islands are infamously the problem child of the Seven Kingdoms simply because they are expected to be part of it yet are virtually ignored and nothing was ever done to integrate them properly into the rest of the kingdoms. In comparison, the North is literally half of the kingdom in terms of land. The Iron Islands is a trifle, the North opens the door to all the kingdoms asking to be self-governing.

So, no. I don't think she'd agree even if they asked politely.

2 hours ago, Faera said:

The problem is that the Iron Islands are infamously the problem child of the Seven Kingdoms simply because they are expected to be part of it yet are virtually ignored and nothing was ever done to integrate them properly into the rest of the kingdoms. In comparison, the North is literally half of the kingdom in terms of land. The Iron Islands is a trifle, the North opens the door to all the kingdoms asking to be self-governing.

So, no. I don't think she'd agree even if they asked politely.

She outright said "the others can ask too." meaning she's ready to let them all be independent except Crownlands and Dragonstone if need be. I'm in Dany's head, not "is this politically wise" mode. It's probably not.

• 6 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 2:47 PM, jcmontea said:

Cersei would be dead. 

Dany would say we have to kill Cersei and Sansa would reply yea. Lets kill her. Burn the Red keep down!!!

Or just send in someone with a bow and arrow or crossbow to snipe Cersei.

Archived