NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I'm not sure who's guest hosting for Jim Rome this morning on his radio show, but he just made me laugh. He was talking about the Jerrah quote to Goodell about coming at him with everything he has got.

"I'm coming out of my crypt with my jacked-up face. I'm bringing my goblet and my cape and I'm gonna ride my little electric chair that takes me up and down my spiral staircase and I'm coming at you Goodell!!

4 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

You have one two month period where you undergo a surgery and gracefully bow out of football discussions so as to not to create an opium inspired thread derailing every day and your friends all want your balls. I'm watching you KB... Oh, I'll match your UT/Cowboy fan futility and raise you your Ducks/Chicago Bears loyalties. At least my teams have a New Hope.

As for characters I'm assigning Padme to Jace. She came on strong with her full support to the Republic Colts, yet in the end she really was supportive of the rise of the New England Empire. Manhole gets Lando because he is smooth like that, and Kal gets Salacious Crumb for obvious reasons.

How dare you. If anybody is anybody, I'm Leia. Sure, I look cold and disinterested in my early twenties. But get me to an afterparty and it's all cocaine and hookers!

20 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

How dare you. If anybody is anybody, I'm Leia. Sure, I look cold and disinterested in my early twenties. But get me to an afterparty and it's all cocaine and hookers!

I’m shocked you didn’t make yourself Rey, considering your numerous power grabs. But at the end of the day you’re Captain Phasma. You may look cool and menacing, but you’re easy to defeat. By the tune of 100 points no less.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m shocked you didn’t make yourself Rey, considering your numerous power grabs. But at the end of the day you’re Captain Phasma. You may look cool and menacing, but you’re easy to defeat. By the tune of 100 points no less.

Oh damn. I am ignorant of your league politics but a Phasma comparison is practically nuclear.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

9 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Sometimes Anonymous Stormtrooper #7 doesn't know she's actually Anonymous Stormtrooper #7.

The nerve! I don't-

There will be a revenganance.

Rogue Fun: A Westeros Forum Story

"Madam Senator, the Budget Secretary's assistant is here."

Jace groaned audibly as she keyed the intercom "Send him in, @Jaime L." @Tywin et al. had been demanding a meeting for days and it wouldn't do to keep him waiting any longer than necessary.

Knowing the senior aide's preference Jace stood and crossed the room to her office bar. A Whiskered Raider, that's always what Ty liked to start with. Two parts Rodian Vodka, one part Chiss moonshine infused with Telosian grekia berries, and two parts blue milk. It wasn't a bad drink, though a bit girly. After five years in the senate, however, Jace went straight for the Kashyyyk Brandy.

He'll learn. She thought to herself as the door to her office opened and the messenger boy stepped into the room. Jace said nothing, simply indicating the beverage she'd concocted.

"Senator Jace" Tywin offered a mock bow before striding towards the bar "we've missed your notes on the Imperial Budget fiscal year."

"Don't give me that shit." The aide did little more than raise an eyebrow at the dismissive tone "your boss gives my Imperial Ethics Committee Chairmanship to that halfwit @Manhole Eunuchsbane and thinks I'm going to roll over and lend my weight to reducing taxes on the point-0h-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-one percent? I know you're just doing your job, Ty. But don't think you want to fuck with me on this one. Jaime L out there, you know who that is?"

Ty glanced blankly at the door through which her secretary had shown him. "No, not really."

The senator's lips curled into a feral smile "I'm not surprised, I think you were still clawing up the ass of the local Corellian government." When he let the slight pass unchallenged she continued "used to be a big player around here, Jaime L did. He was the commissioner of the board of fantasy frightball when he was a member of the Internal Revenue Oversight Committee. Then one day he decides to screw over a junior senator from Alderaan."

The look of dawning horror on Tywin's face was like a drug. "The senator from Tyrosh?"

"The one that fell off the face of the earth." Jace finished for him. "It wasn't the next day, or the day after. Or the year after. But now Jaime L gets my coffee and Tyrosh has been on the State Sponsored Terror list ever since. So you go, tell my good Chairman that you asked for my notes. And also tell him not to set any meetings in stone, because my protest isn't over yet."

Jace threw back the last of her brandy and looked the upstart in the eye. "I'll let him know..." As her eyes narrowed into slits he gulped and added "Ma'am?"

Reaching up she patted the young gelding on the cheek "good boy. Go on now." She took the unfinished drink from his hand and downed it as well, sending a very unambiguous message.

As he was scurrying about the room the door opened again to admit a pricklish looking man wearing the uniform of an Imperial Officer. He looked dismissively down his nose at the aide that edged out of the room around him and greeted the triumphant senator. "It's so good to see you again, Ma'am."

"Captain @Bronn Stone" she smoothly answered "I was just telling Jaime that I thought there was a fetid odor about the place."

"Charming as ever" The contemptible declared as he approached the chairs that sat in front of her desk.

"No." Jace said, stopping him in his tracks. She took her own time to stride over to her highbacked chair and settled herself comfortably. "I let guests sit. You're just an intruder."

The look he shot her could have boiled durasteel. But he obeyed.

"What is it the good governor wants, boy?" The senator asked in open hostility.

"You are no longer a ranking member in the Imperial Navy Personal Conduct Oversight Committee, Senator. The Governor expects you to stop calling for investigations into misconduct in matters you are no longer associated with."

The room became very still, frozen by Jace's displeasure. "Listen to me, you poorly constructed Frankenstein sock puppet. You continue your abuse of my constituents and I will destroy you. There will be an answering for your continued poor taste and idiotic mismanagement of basic humanitarian crises'. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or the year after. But when I've had my say, you will count yourself lucky to be getting finger banged in your mouth hole in the spice mines of Kessel by a pregnant Ithorian who's claimed you as his new blanket."

Recoiling, the Captain began to shout "A threat! How dare you! I'll see you reported at once!"

"Do that, kiddo. See where that road will take you. Now get the fuck out of my office before I rip out the battery pack that makes your stupid talkbox work."

With a last venemous glance the military tool spun on his heel and marched out, slamming the door behind him.

Jace reached over and calmly activated the intercom.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Jaime, I'd like you to have Captain Antilles spin up the Tantanive IV's engines. It's time I go and see my father's oldest friend."

fin

Hahahaha. That was great. I especially loved this little bit:

Reaching up she patted the young gelding on the cheek "good boy. Go on now." She took the unfinished drink from his hand and downed it as well, sending a very unambiguous message

Well played. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

9/10

Would read again.

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hahahaha. That was great. I especially loved this little bit:

Well played. 

Thanks boys. I was channeling Tarantino with that taking of the food bit.

Good luck @Tywin et al.. Weird as it may sound from a Pack fan, I'm pulling for the Vikes here (my ex is from Minnesota and I have a fondness for them, and in the absence of the Packs having any realistic playoff chances, I've adopted them as my second team for the nonce). This should be an excellent game; I think the Vikes have a bit of the upper hand, but a lot will come down to the respective performances of Goff and Keenum. 

40 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Good luck @Tywin et al.. Weird as it may sound from a Pack fan, I'm pulling for the Vikes here (my ex is from Minnesota and I have a fondness for them, and in the absence of the Packs having any realistic playoff chances, I've adopted them as my second team for the nonce). This should be an excellent game; I think the Vikes have a bit of the upper hand, but a lot will come down to the respective performances of Goff and Keenum. 

Aren't the Vikes just fun this year? And that throw Case just made? It's absolute anarchy!

Archived