NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Here’s a fun game. Try to guess who these stats belong to:

Over the last 22 games, this QB has attempted 812 passes and thrown 4 interceptions.

Over 2 quarters, this QB has attempted 14 passes and thrown 5 interceptions.

Who could they be?

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Over the last 22 games, this QB has attempted 812 passes and thrown 4 interceptions.

Who could they be?

I'm guessing both players are employees of the Buffalo Football Bills.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oops, I thought you were trying to make a point about what a dumb move it was to bench Taylor for Peterman.

Yeah I could see how it would come off that way. I just looked his numbers up and they’re not nearly as good as Brady’s, but they’re respectable. Since the start of last year, TT has thrown 690 passes with 9 interceptions, so the ratio is still really good.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who could they be?

Fun game.
It's almost as if Tom Brady is a better NFL QB than Nathan Peterman.  Good thing you shared that; none of us would have guessed otherwise.

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oops, I thought you were trying to make a point about what a dumb move it was to bench Taylor for Peterman.

That was my thought, too.

5 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I still say Simeon is a good backup or patch starter. McCoy was on such thin ice because Elway thinks the playbook is too bloated and a borderline impediment to his qbs.

Ehhh... Siemian looked like a scared fucking deer in headlights every time the defense has put the slightest bit of pressure on him for the last ~4 games he played.

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

That was my thought, too.

Ehhh... Siemian looked like a scared fucking deer in headlights every time the defense has put the slightest bit of pressure on him for the last ~4 games he played.

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend I have some secret knowledge. We've all seen the same tape, I just think that what he showed last year in a functional offense was indicative of a top-32 passer to me and I struggle to condemn him in what has been an uninspiring offense all year.

Before I begin my weekly rant about another week of the regular season and how the Pats dominated another pretender in the AFC, I want to say a word about former Patriots WR Terry Glenn, who died early Monday morning in a single-car accident.  

After being drafted with the #6 overall pick in 1996, then Pats coach Bill Parcells was asked how Glenn was doing.  Parcells responded, "She’s coming along.”   But Glenn could play; he was a gifted wide receiver who played with a chip on his shoulder and had an attitude that players and coaches could not contend with.  He had amazing footwork and, when he was focused, could hang with the best of them.  But most people remember Glenn for that attitude.  But who could blame him? At the age of 13 he moved out of his mother’s home when his mother’s new boyfriend kept bothering him. So Glenn moved in with his aunt. A few weeks later, the boyfriend murdered Glenn’s mother. Glenn never forgave himself; believing that had he remained in the home, he could have protected her. Glenn was a monster on the field, with a rookie season that would rival many of the best of all time and ultimately had 4, 1000-yard seasons and played through his own off-the-field problems and persistent injuries. 

And Parcells’ words would have eaten at anyone. But after getting traded from the Pats in 2001 and failing to catch on in Green Bay, the phone rang in 2003. It was the Dallas Cowboys’ new head coach asking Glenn if he had any football left in him. Glenn- never a warm person – said he did. 

The Cowboy’s new head coach was the same Bill Parcells who mocked Glenn in 1996; he got 4 seasons out of Glenn, including 2 1000-yard seasons. He always saw something in Glenn and could reach him. 

I'm sorry for the way it ended for Terry.  

Okay, let's talk about the ho-hum dominance of the Patriots and how morbid the Raiders looked.  When was that game in Mexico City over?  The bus ride over to the stadium?  During warm ups?  When?  The Raiders did. Not. Want. To. Be. There.  They looked like they gave up during the coin toss.  The Pats marched down the field, scored on the opening drive, went up 14-0 when the Raiders drove the field themselves and when Seth Roberts fumbled at the 4-yard line.  Great news- you can stop trying now!  Ball. Game. 

The game then devolved into Pats being lead off the field with dehydration (we think....) and the Raiders begging somebody to shoot them in the mouth.  The Pats didn't even dominate with any stat with yards, 1st downs and 3rd down efficiency being relatively even, and with Oakland winning TOP and total plays. The only numbers that were in the Pats favor were turnovers and the final score.  

I am still a little hesitant to crown the Pats.  Right now they are a near-lock for a 1st round bye, but they now have a near-insurmountable lead over KC (more on them later) and everyone else is just playing out the string.  Except for Pittsburgh (who dominated a feisty Titans team).  The whole season comes down to the Pats @ Pitt in December ; whoever wins that game will have home-field throughout the playoffs and have the inside track to the Superbowl.  

But one team we know is going nowhere is the Raiders who are cooked.  They had a BYE WEEK!  They had double the time to prep and looked horrible.  I mean,what are the odds a Jack del Rio team was utterly unprepared to face the Patriots?  I know - we are stunned by this,  

Regardless, not much more to say as the Pats dominate terrible teams in a season dominated by terrible teams.  Season is decided on Dec 17.  Two days after the Star Wars release.... coincidence?  I think no-... no probably a coincidence.  

Now a few words on everything else in the NFL:

-Who could have predicted the demise of KC? I mean, what were the odds that defenses would stack the line and stop Hunt and say- week in and week out - "We bet Alex Smith cannot beat us"?  Who could have predicted this?!?!?!?  I mean what are the odds that after week 5 (with a  record of 5-0) Alex Smith's passer ratings would be 88.6, 84.9, 77.6, 103, and 61.5 and the Chiefs would be 1-4 in their second 5 games.  Stunner.  I can't believe the Chiefs have been unable to ride the Alex-Smith-Train to the promised land. They just lost to THE GIANTS!  This is not an inter-sport game; they did not suit up the San Francisco baseball team or anything.  No, the New York Football Giants.  Who look like a baseball team trying to play football.  The Chiefs lost to that.  No, they are not going anywhere this season.  

-Minnesota just sat the Rams the fuck down.  Great win. 

-We can take the Packers out into the back yard and shoot them, right?  Loosing at bad enough.  Loosing at home is bad enough.  But getting shut out at home?  To Joe Flacco?  Yeah, you are a very, very bad team.  And lets all watch out for the Ravens.  John Harbaugh knows how to get a team to play and that team has elements that can be dangerous.  They could EASILY upend a team in the playoffs.  Especially a team like, say, the Chiefs. 

-I love watching the Saints play.  I do- great QB, fantastic running game, and a defense that is suddenly working and not getting suspended for dubious bounty-based scandals.  That team has everything to win the playoffs and it would be great to see Brees in the big game again. 

-Remember when people thought the Bills were good?  I mean BEFORE they lost 3 in a row, had an utterly avoidable QB controversy, had some water-boy throw 5 INTs in one single half of football (PR of 17.9; QBR of .3..... POINT THREE!!!!).  And before they gave up 54 points to the Chargers?  Lets all look away so the Bills can die with dignity.  

-Game of the week - prior to Monday Night - was Bengals at Broncos.  There's no punchline... that IS the punchline.  

-Which leads us to the Seattle.  Seattle is not a terrible team ... yet. But look at this: here are the teams the Seahawks have defeated this season: SF (1-9), Colts (3-7), Rams (7-3), Giants (2-8), Houston (4-6 and without Watson and Watts), and Cards (4-6).  That's ONE team with a winning record and two others that were not the same team when they faced the Seahawks due to massive injuries.  Seattle's wins come against teams with a record of 21-39.  Their defense is in shambles and their head coach is ... showing signs of ... stupidity?  The Legion of Boom is now Bust and nobody can stop the bleeding. I don't think Pete Carroll will be the mind behind the turnaround. I think we are watching the end of something and the bandwagon will get very light soon. 

Archived