NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don't forget you got an elite safety who looked like a decade player, but your inability to build a competent defense forced him to kill himself so you could win an Owl. 

RIGHT!>! Dude, forget Lynch. Can you imagine if Ed Reed and Derrick Brooks were on the field at the same time!?! A girl can dream, Ty! Just let me dream!

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

RIGHT!>! Dude, forget Lynch. Can you imagine if Ed Reed and Derrick Brooks were on the field at the same time!?! A girl can dream, Ty! Just let me dream!

I was talking about Bob.

Anyways, it's still not the same as having a defense that could produce 4 Pro Bowl D-linemen, 2 Pro Bowl linebackers and 2 Pro Bowl defensive backs.

:P

SKOL! 

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I was talking about Bob.

Anyways, it's still not the same as having a defense that could produce 4 Pro Bowl D-linemen, 2 Pro Bowl linebackers and 2 Pro Bowl defensive backs.

:P

SKOL! 

fair, but between hooker and this kid they could cover 175% of half the field!

37 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Ooooh... I like this game.

Ben Roethlisberger - Val Venis

Jimmy Garoppolo - Heartbreak Kid

I love that Val Venis one. I had this old PS2 WWE Game where you could make your own wrestler and edit his or her entrance and add one of the preset music choices. It totally did not fit the pastiche of my character (General Ed) but it made me laugh.

11 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I love that Val Venis one. I had this old PS2 WWE Game where you could make your own wrestler and edit his or her entrance and add one of the preset music choices. It totally did not fit the pastiche of my character (General Ed) but it made me laugh.

I probably had the same game or one of the other iterations.  I also came in to the Val Venis music.  But my guy was themed similarly to ole Val.  You could name your signature and finishing moves.  My signature was a spear (a la Goldberg) and when I hit it, the name would pop up on screen:  The Penetration.  My finisher was a 360 splash off the turnbuckle to a downed opponent called:  The Ho Down.  :lol:  Ahhh the minds of an early 20's guy...

And then I came upon this tweet today:

https://twitter.com/AlexJamesFitz/status/935608146026000387

:rofl:

ETA:  Damn... don't know why that's not embedding into the board.  It really is a great pun...

You do it like this:

Click "remove formatting" to embed the tweet.

Also, I made a character in a wrestling game that I used for years. His finishing move was kicking the opponent in the head (while running) three times while he was on his knees. It was hilariously unrealistic.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You do it like this:

Click "remove formatting" to embed the tweet.

Also, I made a character in a wrestling game that I used for years. His finishing move was kicking the opponent in the head (while running) three times while he was on his knees. It was hilariously unrealistic.

Thanks.  Usually I can get it to work, but this one was being difficult.

I haven't played one of those wrestling games in years, I've always wondered how they have kept up.  My brother had the N64 with those awesome NWO v WCW games.  The PlayStation ones with SmackDown and such were never quite as good for some reason.

I remember one time when a fraternity brother and I had both made characters and spent all week hyping up our first match.  When we met up in my room, there were about 10 other guys in there to watch.  I had a lot of points spent in my submission moves and it turned out he had no points in submission defense.  After a week of smack talk, I caused him to tap out in less than a minute.  :lol:  It was a glorious moment.

I can't remember which one it was, but on the 360 I made a wrassler who combined a kick in the head with Chris Jericho's codebreaker.

I think it was called like the Jackhammer or something but my mental name for it was The Decryptinator

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I haven't played one of those wrestling games in years, I've always wondered how they have kept up.  My brother had the N64 with those awesome NWO v WCW games.  The PlayStation ones with SmackDown and such were never quite as good for some reason.

I remember one time when a fraternity brother and I had both made characters and spent all week hyping up our first match.  When we met up in my room, there were about 10 other guys in there to watch.  I had a lot of points spent in my submission moves and it turned out he had no points in submission defense.  After a week of smack talk, I caused him to tap out in less than a minute.  :lol:  It was a glorious moment.

Wrestling at its best.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I've heard a lot of good things about Fire Pro Wrestling World. The graphics are a bit primitive (it's a recycled Japanese game from 2005) but the gameplay is supposed to be amazing. I've been meaning to grab it on Steam.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fire-pro-wrestling-world-gets-right-what-every-wwe-game-gets-wrong/

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

A couple of guys have finishers like that these days.  They don't do it three times, but Drew McIntyre's Claymore kick is essentially just a running kick to the face to a downed opponent.

56 minutes ago, briantw said:

A couple of guys have finishers like that these days.  They don't do it three times, but Drew McIntyre's Claymore kick is essentially just a running kick to the face to a downed opponent.

Doesn't the new face pretend he's the first person to throw a punch while running?

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Doesn't the new face pretend he's the first person to throw a punch while running?

I assume you're talking about Reigns.  I don't think he pretends that.  Basically everything he does follows getting verbally blown by the announcers, though.

I mostly just watch NXT and Lucha Underground, though, at this point.  It's impossible to watch Raw/Smackdown every week and not get a brain aneurysm. 

Archived