NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

20 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I have no problem with that and it's good that they did. 

There are Bengals fans on Twitter saying they hope Shazier never walks again. But we're the assholes. 

Whatever.

Yea and there are Steelers' fans on twitter saying they hope Burfict dies. Hell, a Steelers linebacker said he would paint Burfict red on twitter. What's your point? You don't have the high ground here.

30 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I have no problem with that and it's good that they did. 

There are Bengals fans on Twitter saying they hope Shazier never walks again. But we're the assholes. 

Whatever.

Well, that's because you are being an asshole. You and 12 0 5 5 are the only ones in this thread remotely coming close to the antics of the Bengals fans on Twitter you are castigating. Note, we aren't fans on twitter. No one else here is celebrating an illegal hit on a player here except you two. Congratulations? 

Just now, Mexal said:

As an aside, I think a 1 game suspension for Iloka and Smith-Schuster is just.

Did Iloka get suspended too? If so, I'm glad there were suspensions all around. This game was a mess of player conduct. 

Just now, IamMe90 said:

Did Iloka get suspended too? If so, I'm glad there were suspensions all around. This game was a mess of player conduct. 

Yea, both were suspended. Iloka wasn't trying to hurt Brown, he's a good dude, but the hit was bad and I think Iloka needs to start understanding that going for the big hit can be detrimental to the team. He could have had an interception in the first half if instead of going for the big hit, he went for the ball.

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Meanwhile, Ryan Shazier is still laid up in a Cincinnati hospital. I don't see how you can even compare the two.

Not sure what Shazier's status has to do with how valid Burfict's injury was, but your bloodthirsty ranting makes it clear that reason has abandoned these premises.

ETA: From Kneecap Von Oelhoffen to Hines Ward's crackbacks to James Harrison's pile of fines  to  Mike Mitchell's headhunting, maybe you Yinzers shouldn't be playing victim in a brutal division that your team (as Jaime L put it so well after that last playoff debacle) has done the most to weaponize. Your own quarterback dismissed last night's shitshow as just "AFC North football" like it was a goddamn branding exercise.

55 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yea, both were suspended. Iloka wasn't trying to hurt Brown, he's a good dude, but the hit was bad and I think Iloka needs to start understanding that going for the big hit can be detrimental to the team. He could have had an interception in the first half if instead of going for the big hit, he went for the ball.

I agree on Iloka’s hit. Had the Smith-Schuster hit not just occurred before I doubt it would have even warranted a suspension in today’s game. 

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

I just don't see how it's possible. How do you stop a hit like Schuster's? How do you stop a bang bang play like Iloka in the back of the end zone? It has gotten to the point where players can be afraid to get called for a penalty so they just let them tip toe the line and score easily. I just don't see how it's possible to remove dirty, bang bang, hits from the game.

You eject that team's quarterback. 

Or you make it a turnover. Or you make the team play with one less person on the field while you're out. Of those, I like the soccer rule, personally. 

If anyone would like an update on Shazier’s condition here it is. He will continue to be monitored at UC for the next 24-48 hrs, after which he will go to UPMC for further observation. Early reports said that he had regained some feeling in his lower extremities and that he had a spinal contusion. 

7 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Lol, I was just complaining about over officiating in the very page in which you quote me. 

The only penalties committed by players that I "cry" at are ones that involve stupid bullshit fighting between players, and hits that are against rules that were specifically put in place because those types of hits tend to cause serious, long-lasting injuries to players. If that makes me a "bleeding heart," or whatever, fine, I don't care. I've only seen a few of these kinds of penalties occur since I've started watching football a few years ago, and I watch a game during every Sunday time slot, as well as MNF and TNF. So it's not like these are strikingly frequent occurrences, and consequently their punishment shouldn't detract from the game. 

Also, lol @ complaining about the AB hit but dismissing the Gronk hit as NBD. Guess dirty hits only matter when they're against your own team's players. 

I never mentioned this so don't know wtf you're talking about.  If you need an opinion on it, I think the Gronk hit is the worst of the week. Considering his frame, cheap shot after the play, out of bounds, DB lying on the ground completely defenseless, and Gronk launches himself into the guy and concusses him (I think?). Yeah, I think it's worse than anything we saw last night.

11 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I never mentioned this so don't know wtf you're talking about.  If you need an opinion on it, I think the Gronk hit is the worst of the week. Considering his frame, cheap shot after the play, out of bounds, DB lying on the ground completely defenseless, and Gronk launches himself into the guy and concusses him (I think?). Yeah, I think it's worse than anything we saw last night.

Mixed you up with another guy with a similarish (to me) avatar, my bad. Glad we agree on the Gronk hit.  

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

How can you say he wasn't trying to hurt Brown when he's clearly looking right at him and lowers his head right into Brown's helmet? I know you're vouching that he's a good dude (inside information?) but considering everything that transpired prior to I don't think you can give him the benefit of the doubt there. I'd consider that hit malicious when you can see the DB eyeing up Brown, and making full-on contact with head, opposed to JuJu putting his shoulder into Burfict's chest region. Yeah, he got a little neck/head area but I don't think that was his target. There's a difference between an illegal hit and a dirty one, imo.

2 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Well, that's because you are being an asshole. You and 12 0 5 5 are the only ones in this thread remotely coming close to the antics of the Bengals fans on Twitter you are castigating. Note, we aren't fans on twitter. No one else here is celebrating an illegal hit on a player here except you two. Congratulations? 

You say celebrating like I'm overjoyed that he got hurt. I simply can't find it in me to feel bad for a guy getting laid out that has been on the other side of it so many times. Did I feel a level of serves him right when I saw him get put on his ass? Yes, I did. FFS I guess that makes me Voldemort. But that makes you a bad person, anymore. If you're not completely outraged by it you're over 60 years old and a Trump supporter. 

I know Steelers players make there fair share of dirty plays. I've made my hatred of Mike Mitchell apparent on here numerous times. The guy is scum. 

And holy shit are we really seriously wanting the Bengals to be moved out of the division because of this? Lmao... The SJ  Football Warriors are fully donned in mail and plate today. 

17 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Mixed you up with another guy with a similarish (to me) avatar, my bad. Glad we agree on the Gronk hit.  

No problem. Personally, I think he deserved more than one game. Seems like the default one game suspension is the low hanging fruit of punishments. What breaches 1 game and constitutes more than 1 game? If that hit didn't, can't say what else does. I think you need to look at the context of the play. Like I sad in last post, Gronk is a monster, torpedoed (sp?) himself at the guys neck/head with a bow, the dude was out of bounds and lying face down on the ground already. How that gets lumped into Juju and Iloka suspension territory is confusing to me.

35 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

How can you say he wasn't trying to hurt Brown when he's clearly looking right at him and lowers his head right into Brown's helmet? I know you're vouching that he's a good dude (inside information?) but considering everything that transpired prior to I don't think you can give him the benefit of the doubt there. I'd consider that hit malicious when you can see the DB eyeing up Brown, and making full-on contact with head, opposed to JuJu putting his shoulder into Burfict's chest region. Yeah, he got a little neck/head area but I don't think that was his target. There's a difference between an illegal hit and a dirty one, imo.

You say celebrating like I'm overjoyed that he got hurt. I simply can't find it in me to feel bad for a guy getting laid out that has been on the other side of it so many times. Did I feel a level of serves him right when I saw him get put on his ass? Yes, I did. FFS I guess that makes me Voldemort. But that makes you a bad person, anymore. If you're not completely outraged by it you're over 60 years old and a Trump supporter. 

I know Steelers players make there fair share of dirty plays. I've made my hatred of Mike Mitchell apparent on here numerous times. The guy is scum. 

It's a little funny to see you jumping on Iloka like this, when Shazier himself has his own dubious history of headhunting. Much of this post could apply to Shazier, who I believe has a worse history than Iloka and, in fact, did seem to be leading with his helmet when he got injured.

26 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

It's a little funny to see you jumping on Iloka like this, when Shazier himself has his own dubious history of headhunting. Much of this post could apply to Shazier, who I believe has a worse history than Iloka and, in fact, did seem to be leading with his helmet when he got injured.

Yeah, he does, not denying that. I'm also talking about the Iloka hit in a vacuum, so while I can agree that Shazier has his series of bad hits, I don't see how it applies to the Iloka hit I was talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Kind of like how I wouldn’t shed a shingle tear if your rapist QB got taken out. You know...for all the shit he’s done. 

Nic, you are the worst... I'm kidding. Don't blame you one bit. I'd expect many and many of people to share this thought.  The guy is extremely unlikable, and disgusting. I agree. 

4 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Iloka doesn't head hunt. He makes bad plays because he looks to dislodge the ball but he doesn't hit to injure. He doesn't talk shit, is great in the community and always says the right things. He has never had a history of head hunting in his career and you even have Mike Mitchell, scum that he is, vouching for him. Iloka was trying to make a football play and he hit the guy in the head. He deserved to get suspended but I don't think it was meant to be dirty.

The issue with Smith-Schuster's hit was that he put the helmet into Burfict's face then stood over him and taunted him. If he walked away, fair enough, it was a crack back block that turned bad. That happens. But he got into his face and taunted him while he was down injured, definitely concussed and given the caution, possibly worse. That's why it's really bad. Burfict was suspended 3 games for doing something similar, though without the taunting and without the helmet to helmet hit. JJSS deserved what he got. It wasn't a good play and it was a hit that has a strong history of ending seasons.

Pretty attractive game tomorrow night, and my date cancelled on me so I'm gonna stock up on supplies of wine and weed. It's about fucking time a big game came out of the most anonymous division in sports history. I was just thinking that one of the reasons that I like the NFL so much despite its horrid nature is because a game like this, between a team I kinda hate and a team I pretty much hate, is something I'm looking forward to quite a bit.

There's plenty of drama, good teams, storylines abound. I like that the NFL feels so small, it's why I hate the idea of any expansion of the league or schedule. There's so much on the line in every game, and the league and it's schedule is small enough to be able to have a legitimate interest in nearly every team.

Archived