NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Odd finish last night.  Did NOT see Brees calmly throwing a ball to a receiver with no real leaping ability who was completely covered when the tie was almost assured.  It was like seeing your mellow dog suddenly go feral with no notice.

So we're in the final stretch of the season, and it seems like the consensus first tier picks for MVP are Wentz and Brady,  with Wilson, Keenum and Brees being the second tier candidates. Keenum and Brees seem to be accurately placed IMO, but I think Wilson should get more consideration for the award. The other four guys all have things around them to make their lives better. Brady has the best system in the league while Wentz, Brees and Keenum have a ton of talent around them. Wilson, on the other hand, is surrounded by absolute garbage. I doubt any of the other four QBs would have survived the season if they were swapped out and placed on the Seahawks. WIlson hasn't been the best player this year, but he has a really strong case for being the most valuable player this season.

Agree with Fiddler on Brees. I think the tandem of Ingram/Kamara is the MVP there, really. Kamara goes down on the first drive last night and the Saints fail to put up 20 points, Brees throws a pick to end the game. Brees has been a glorified game manager this year. No knock, as it's done them wonders thus far, but can't put him in MVP category for me. 

I like Wilson and Wentz at this point. Gonna throw Goff out there is a darkhorse candidate. He has a 98.4 QB rating (Wentz at 102.0) and 25 tds (Wentz 29). Not too shabby considering what most people thought about him this time last year. Should be a fun matchup Sunday.

Browns cut Kenny Britt on John Dorsey's first day. This is clearly a move timed to show that there's a new sheriff in town, but the fact that they're able to conceive such a simple idea is the most concrete proof of basic competence we've ever seen from the Browns.

58 minutes ago, briantw said:

Increasingly looking like Hue Jackson was intentionally sabotaging the Browns team to get Sashi fired.

Right. I'm sure you thought that last year too when they beat the Chargers for their one win of the season.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Right. I'm sure you thought that last year too when they beat the Chargers for their one win of the season.

Nope.  Last year they were basically devoid of talent.  

When you watch the team this week, the playcalling seems completely different and shockingly competent, which is a big change from the rest of this season where Hue Jackson looked like he couldn't tell his ass from a hole in the ground.

Archived