NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

54 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Seriously though, Philippe has a real shot at winning the AFC West which would be glorious.  Denver's offense is a disaster, Oakland has clearly lost something from last year, and KC, while I still think they're solid, is clearly not special.  SD is only two game behind.  Man, if they hadn't fucked themselves with so many close losses to start the year.

What is this SD of whom you speak?  The LA Chargers are persona non grata in sunny San Diego.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

Seriously though, Philippe has a real shot at winning the AFC West which would be glorious.  Denver's offense is a disaster, Oakland has clearly lost something from last year, and KC, while I still think they're solid, is clearly not special.  SD is only two game behind.  Man, if they hadn't fucked themselves with so many close losses to start the year.

You fail to recognize the basic facts.

They're the Chargers, they blow games late. It is known.

Two things:

1) I feel disturbingly turned on by this

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Some of us like to maintain contact with FuckMe eyes like Smith's while we Beej.

And

2) This guy right here has always been my favorite NFL player 

10 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Stormin' Mormon is in a class all by himself. One of my alltime favs, for sure.

The guy once had his helmet ripped off during a game and still ran for the first down ... in the PRE SEASON!  

He used to not cash game checks if he felt he hadn't earned them. 

He's a fellow lawyer!  

And he's the guy who, during the NFL - official's strike - said after the Green Bay- Seattle debacle on Sunday Night Football said:

"... everything about the NFL is inelastic for demand. There's nothing they could do to hurt the demand for the game. So the bottom line is, they don't care. Player safety? Doesn't matter in this case. Bring Division III officials? Doesn't matter. Because in the end, you're still going to watch the game, we're going to all complain and moan and gripe and say there's all these problems and all the coaches will say it, the players will say it — it doesn't matter. Go ahead, gripe all you want. I'm going to rest. Let them eat cake."

The guy is a fucking stud.  Oh and he threw 6 TD passes in a Superbowl, son Superbowl MVP and is a Hall of Famer.  But, seriously, lets hear Dan Founts try to talk about the inelastic demand of the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Rockroi said:

The guy once had his helmet ripped off during a game and still ran for the first down ... in the PRE SEASON!  

He used to not cash game checks if he felt he hadn't earned them. 

He's a fellow lawyer!  

And he's the guy who, during the NFL - official's strike - said after the Green Bay- Seattle debacle on Sunday Night Football said:

"... everything about the NFL is inelastic for demand. There's nothing they could do to hurt the demand for the game. So the bottom line is, they don't care. Player safety? Doesn't matter in this case. Bring Division III officials? Doesn't matter. Because in the end, you're still going to watch the game, we're going to all complain and moan and gripe and say there's all these problems and all the coaches will say it, the players will say it — it doesn't matter. Go ahead, gripe all you want. I'm going to rest. Let them eat cake."

The guy is a fucking stud.  Oh and he threw 6 TD passes in a Superbowl, son Superbowl MVP and is a Hall of Famer.  But, seriously, lets hear Dan Founts try to talk about the inelastic demand of the NFL.  

Yeah, he has a weekly radio show out here on KNBR (It's really a segment of usually about half an hour) and it's almost always really funny and insightful. The guy is pretty singular.

Today is the 5th anniversary of the Butt Fumble, so enjoy this ESPN oral history:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/21401659/butt-fumble-oral-history-new-york-jets-nfl-king-bloopers-five-year-anniversary

Thoughts: no comments from Mark Sanchez more recent than 2014. I imagine he didn't feel enthusiastic about giving quotes for this piece. I almost felt bad for Sanchez after reading this. Then again, Rex Ryan points out that Sanchez has more playoff wins than any other Jets quarterback, so he's got that going for him.

3 hours ago, Rockroi said:

Dan may not know inelastic demand models, but he can spell Fouts.

6 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Today is the 5th anniversary of the Butt Fumble, so enjoy this ESPN oral history:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/21401659/butt-fumble-oral-history-new-york-jets-nfl-king-bloopers-five-year-anniversary

Thoughts: no comments from Mark Sanchez more recent than 2014. I imagine he didn't feel enthusiastic about giving quotes for this piece. I almost felt bad for Sanchez after reading this. Then again, Rex Ryan points out that Sanchez has more playoff wins than any other Jets quarterback, so he's got that going for him.

How AMAZING is this:

Ed Anzalone (aka Fireman Ed): I have no interest in talking about the Butt Fumble. I don't talk negative about the Jets to people other than real Jets fans.

Thank you, you delusional nut-bag.  God, I love lunatic fans who take themselves waaaayyyyyy too seriously!  I love that after this game, the Jets and Sanchez were such monumental embarrassments that Ed no longer went to games.  And that he announced it because he's a monumental moron.  And EVEN BETTER that the Jets BEGGED him to come back.  God, Fireman Ed, thank you so much for being who you are. 

No need to worry, Fireman Ed, you will always be a "real Jets fan" to me.  

And yes, yes I know- he;s a real life firefighter and yes, that makes him a hero and yadda yadda yadda - still a tool bag.  

Cowboys getting blown out at home on Thanksgiving. Cowboys driving in the 4th quarter to try to get within a score, and Prescott throws a pick-six... And then throws another INT on the next drive. Fans booing in Jerry World. All we need are more reaction shots from the owner's box.

Ouch. Was flipping through the channels and ended up on Family Guy.

It was from 2014 and Peter is in a zoo and being threatened by some lions. What does he say? "Shouldn't you be in Detroit losing a football game right now"?  

Too soon Family Guy. 3 years too soon. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, DanteGabriel said:

Darrelle Revis is back in the NFL! He signed with the Chiefs today. They must be desperate for corner help? I am morbidly curious to see him play.

Yeah I'm with you on the curiosity of seeing Revis back on the field. As we are both from the same hometown, I hope he can play passably well as their 3rd/4th CB starting off, and maybe go out on a higher note than him being beaten consistently by any wideout he lined up across from like last year...

Archived