U.S. Politics 2017: He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and GODDAMMIT AL, WTF WERE YOU THINKING?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

20 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

More from the Forbes article:

The federal government will have far less ability to respond to economic downturns unless previously unimaginable and politically intolerable deficits, tax increases or spending cuts suddenly become acceptable.

We don't need previously unimaginable tax increases, just a return to the top marginal rates of the '50s. Or even '60s and '70s.

17 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Report: H.R. McMaster, Like Rex Tillerson, Has Said Privately That Trump Is Real Dumb

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/20/report_h_r_mcmaster_disparaged_trump_s_intelligence_at_private_dinner.html

Not to get too conspiracy-minded, but Ezra Cohen-Watnick, one of the folks McMaster removed from the National Security Council for being grossly underqualified, landed a job at Oracle. Considering how strongly Oracle spokespeople denied that McMaster said this after the story broke, it does make me wonder if these "sources" were Cohen-Watnick and his allies making up a story to try to get McMaster fired.

42 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

I would caution against hope of even a toss up. Be realistic, plan for Moore.

I may be being wildly optimistic here, but I've privately predicted a Jones win to a couple of friends so I'll go ahead and make it public here.

I believe that the breaking of a sex scandal (or sexual assault scandal) will generally break most candidates, and that Trump just happened to be an exception to that rule rather than a change of the rule itself.

In addition, Jones is out-fundraising Moore since the scandal broke and is spending a ton more money on advertising than Moore is. Polling has unanimously shifted in Jones' favor, even among polls that show Moore ahead. It will most definitely be close, but I predict that Jones pulls this one out in the 11th inning.

13 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I may be being wildly optimistic here, but I've privately predicted a Jones win to a couple of friends so I'll go ahead and make it public here.

I believe that the breaking of a sex scandal (or sexual assault scandal) will generally break most candidates, and that Trump just happened to be an exception to that rule rather than a change of the rule itself.

In addition, Jones is out-fundraising Moore since the scandal broke and is spending a ton more money on advertising than Moore is. Polling has unanimously shifted in Jones' favor, even among polls that show Moore ahead. It will most definitely be close, but I predict that Jones pulls this one out in the 11th inning.

Turnout will be important. Have to hope pedophilia will, at the very least, keep some Republicans home. Still annoyed that the media has barely mentioned Jones other than to say he's the opponent of Moore.

18 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Turnout will be important. Have to hope pedophilia will, at the very least, keep some Republicans home. Still annoyed that the media has barely mentioned Jones other than to say he's the opponent of Moore.

I appreciate the optimism you guys are showing, but if Doug Jones is elected to the Senate next month I'll eat my bra. 

13 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Didn't Trump have one accuser who was really young? Anyways it sure didn't stop him from winning. 

8 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

I appreciate the optimism you guys are showing, but if Doug Jones is elected to the Senate next month I'll eat my bra. 

Pictures or it didn't happen! 

10 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

I guess you should buy a chocolate bra and wear that on the day of the elections, just as a precaution. 

14 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

I won't hold you to that, but I'll bet you a board title for 2 weeks that Jones wins.

24 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I won't hold you to that, but I'll bet you a board title for 2 weeks that Jones wins.

24 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Well it looks like the original offer has been swiped, but if you're amenable and willing to risk a defeat on two fronts I have an idea... 

15 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Well it looks like the original offer has been swiped, but if you're amenable and willing to risk a defeat on two fronts I have an idea... 

Gotta go big or go home, so I'm in.

Archived