U.S. Politics 2017: He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and GODDAMMIT AL, WTF WERE YOU THINKING?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

4 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

These are basic plans in Portugal after they dropped net neutrality.

https://www.meo.pt/internet/internet-movel/telemovel/pacotes-com-telemovel

This country is infested with greedy pricks. 

Portugal is in the EU, there is pretty well defined net neutrality.

However, there are huge loopholes for mobile internet and packages for 'extra outside data cap' services. And the latter are advertised at that link. I do so hope that this loophole will be solved, but it will take time and effort.

Is there a bigger clown than Jamie “I’m Barely A Democrat” Dimon?

Well, probably the clown in the White House. But, if were talking about who gets runner up prize as a clown, he sure is a contender.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/business/corporate-taxes-national-debt.html

In mid-October 2012, Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JPMorgan Chase, hosted a luncheon on the 49th floor of the firm’s Park Avenue headquarters. The guest list was a boldface roll call of corporate executives and policymakers: Lloyd C. Blankfein of Goldman Sachs, David M. Cote of Honeywell, the Democratic senator Mark Warner of Virginia and the Republican senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, among others.

The topic over lunch was “Fix the Debt,” a nascent effort by like-minded executives — all of whom had signed on to the campaign — to urge lawmakers to address the nation’s growing debt. Erskine Bowles, the former chief of staff for President Bill Clinton who was an inspiration for the group along with Alan Simpson, the former Republican senator from Wyoming, had just called the nation’s debt “a cancer that will destroy this country from within.”

Steven Rattner, the former auto czar under President Obama who now oversees Michael R. Bloomberg’s wealth and was on the steering committee of the Fix the Debt campaign, said he was no fan of the current tax plan. But he said he understood why some executives who once placed so much emphasis on the mounting debt problem would now focus on tax cuts — and how many of them feel that the two positions did not contradict each other.

Well frankly, they are talking a bunch of confused nonsense. And one has the suspicion they are being full of it for very self serving reasons.

One of them is Howard Schultz, executive chairman of Starbucks, who told me two weeks ago: “If you talk about tax reform, which is in the news every minute of every day, this is not tax reform. This is fool’s gold.”

When I asked him about Mr. Dimon’s support for the tax plan, he said: “He’s a lot smarter than me, but I don’t agree with him.”

Dude, I wouldn't be ready to admit Dimon is smarter than you so quickly. Fact is that Dimon has made lots of confused and bad calls over the last few years.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Well, gee, since Filner already had to resign as mayor of San Diego in 2013 because of sexual misconduct and pled guilty to guilty to false imprisonment and battery then, it's not like learning he also was doing similar stuff when he was a congressman before he was mayor is adding anything new to the number of sleazy Democrats we know about. 

Well, gee, I just read an article in the Atlantic about those three, so it would be odd to selectively edit him out. I admit to not keeping track of all Congresspeople and their associated shenanigans during and after they left Congress.

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Is there a bigger clown than Jamie “I’m Barely A Democrat” Dimon?

Well, probably the clown in the White House. But, if were talking about who gets runner up prize as a clown, he sure is a contender.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/business/corporate-taxes-national-debt.html

Well frankly, they are talking a bunch of confused nonsense. And one has the suspicion they are being full of it for very self serving reasons.

Dude, I wouldn't be ready to admit Dimon is smarter than you so quickly. Fact is that Dimon has made lots of confused and bad calls over the last few years.

Sounds like an effort to first pocket the tax cut, then immediately demand fitting millenials with slave collars and raising the Social Security age to pay for it.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Cool. A rapist endorsing a rapist. Game recognize game.

Yeah, remember when he brought Roger Ailes into the campaign? His ":official" position is that he loves sexual abusers of all types, unless the person is vaguely some sort of Democrat.

I really did not see this coming, even from a Republican President. Being for both Nazis and pedophiles? He hasn't come out for cannibals yet, but I'm sure it's coming at this point.

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Say it isn't so OGE!    :eek:         I'm shocked, just shocked.  :(

47 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Yeah, remember when he brought Roger Ailes into the campaign? His ":official" position is that he loves sexual abusers of all types, unless the person is vaguely some sort of Democrat.

I really did not see this coming, even from a Republican President. Being for both Nazis and pedophiles? He hasn't come out for cannibals yet, but I'm sure it's coming at this point.

I bet he would drown a kitten live on Fox News if only Sean would ask him.

59 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Sounds like an effort to first pocket the tax cut, then immediately demand fitting millenials with slave collars and raising the Social Security age to pay for it.

Rhinestone 'MAGA' collars are the only ones I want for my millennial kin.  

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I just hated to break the news, cause I knew it would be so shocking. LOL. :lol:

:frown5:    

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Love how Trump stressed that Jones is soft on crime. Yep, the guy who prosecuted the KKK bombers is a goddamn scofflaw next to the shamed judge pedo nut

In Alabama that probably counts as a black mark against a candidate rather than a point in his favor. Also, I wish I could say I'm shocked and dismayed to hear Trump has endorsed Moore, but that would strictly speaking be lie: I'm only dismayed.

43 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Is this just going around and around in this thread? Do people keep having to say that there is net neutrality in the EU, but there are loopholes that allow telecom companies to offer packages that get around the rules?

Alabama Ex-Cop Says She Was Tasked With Keeping Roy Moore Away From Cheerleaders at High School Football Games

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/alabama-ex-cop-says-she-was-tasked-with-keeping-roy-moore-away-from-cheerleaders-at-high-school-games/

/Bet he sits at the kiddie table on Thanksgiving

On 11/21/2017 at 10:45 PM, Sword of Doom said:

Yeah, this is horrid. All the ISP in my area are bad and there isn't a lot choices. So you pick the least worse one. There is it a lot of room to move to another provider if you don't like what your current one is doing.

If Pai is so worried about increasing competition and lowering prices it would seem to me there would be other ways of going about it. It's not clear to me at all how is plan will lower prices and promote better quality. And maybe it's not clear because Pai is just full of it.

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Alabama Ex-Cop Says She Was Tasked With Keeping Roy Moore Away From Cheerleaders at High School Football Games

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/alabama-ex-cop-says-she-was-tasked-with-keeping-roy-moore-away-from-cheerleaders-at-high-school-games/

Raw Story references this vid from MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/fmr-alabama-officer-the-rumor-mill-was-that-roy-moore-likes-young-girls-1100929091818

Murkowski declares her undying love for simple minded libertarian bull crap. 

She also, whether she knows it or not, has a problem with Medicare. Hope she's upfront about that with the people who elected her.

And then confusedly likes the idea of universal healthcare, but then has no idea how to achieve it.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/despite-the-risks-murkowski-backs-aca-mandate-repeal

When Senate Republican leaders added the repeal of the ACA’s individual mandate to their tax plan, it looked like an enormous gamble. After all, the GOP’s efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act were derailed by bipartisan opposition, and by tying tax cuts for the wealthy to health care policy, it raised the prospect of greater opposition to the latest Republican gambit.

But that only works if the GOP senators who helped rescue the health care system over the summer are willing to do so again now. Evidently, that may not be the case.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) said she would support repealing the Affordable Care Act’s individual insurance mandate, giving a potential boost to the Republican effort to pass a massive tax cut package next week.

“I believe that the federal government should not force anyone to buy something they do not wish to buy, in order to avoid being taxed,” Murkowski wrote in an opinion piece published Tuesday by the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.

Archived