BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD Batman Movies

Jace, Extat

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I watched this movie hungover on Sunday just because of this thread. My god was it terrible. Worst thing I’ve seen since Zardoz, and I intentionally watch a lot of bad movies.

I'm so sorry Ty, it started so fun! 

7 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh I see someone mentioned it already. Got to see MotP in theaters opening day. Fucking glorious.

Was Christmas Day opening day?

Whether it was or not, that's the day I saw it in theaters. I just know a year and a half earlier I had seen Batman Returns and left the theater feeling very depressed and underwhelmed. Then that Christmas night the whole immediate family and some of the extended was going out together for dinner. I was seventeen that year and Christmas had kind of stopped being a big deal with presents and stuff, i had time to kill before dinner that night so I went to the movies.

Felt I had been given one of the most special Christmas gifts of my life.

20 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Are there any good movies with Selena Kyle? I'm not a complicated woman.

You're best off just watching Catwoman episodes of Batman: TAS then. If you have Amazon Prime they're available free for streaming.

27 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm so sorry Ty, it started so fun! 

No worries. I wanted to see it based on your reactions and it wasn’t very long. I just don’t get the ending. It literally makes no sense. Batman bangs Batgirl. Batgirl gets paralyzed by the Joker. The Joker and Batman become friends.

??????????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

No worries. I wanted to see it based on your reactions and it wasn’t very long. I just don’t get the ending. It literally makes no sense. Batman bangs Batgirl. Batgirl gets paralyzed by the Joker. The Joker and Batman become friends.

??????????????????????????????????

Yeah... I don't quite get it either. And Batmans need for attempted reconciliation came out of goddamn nowhere.

1 hour ago, drawkcabi said:

You're best off just watching Catwoman episodes of Batman: TAS then. If you have Amazon Prime they're available free for streaming.

While I love Batman: TAS, I think that Catwoman is the weakest (important) batman villain of the show.  It's like the series just didn't know what to do with her.  She fluctuates dramatically between master criminal and incompetant wannabe, often in the same episode.  And he needs to be rescued by Batman in virtually every episode.  Seriously, Batman rescues her in Cat and the Claw, Cat Scratch Fever, Almost Got 'Im, Tyger Tyger.  It's not until her fifth appearance (Catwalk) that she finally breaks out of this rut. 

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

While I love Batman: TAS, I think that Catwoman is the weakest (important) batman villain of the show.  It's like the series just didn't know what to do with her.  She fluctuates dramatically between master criminal and incompetant wannabe, often in the same episode.  And he needs to be rescued by Batman in virtually every episode.  Seriously, Batman rescues her in Cat and the Claw, Cat Scratch Fever, Almost Got 'Im, Tyger Tyger.  It's not until her fifth appearance (Catwalk) that she finally breaks out of this rut. 

Agreed, but aside from that short Toth posted it was all I could think of that Catwoman got any good screen time at all and like you said, she does break out of the rut in "Catwalk" and even if she is the damsel in "Almost Got 'Im" it's a cat that ate the canary oh so sweet damsel in an awesome episode.

There is also the birds of prey episode of Batman: Brave and the Bold which I love, if you don't mind Batman on the silly side.

ETA:

There's also the Birds of Prey live-action series but with Helena Kyle not Selena. If you can get through the excruciating first episodes I thought it got good towards the end, just before it got cancelled. Love Dina Meyer as Barbara Gordon/Oracle/past Batgirl and Mia Sara as Harley.

"Almost Got 'Im" is my favorite Batman: TAS episode, but the inclusion of Catwoman at the end doesn't do her any favors.  If you want a great Batman episode, it's a great choice.  If you want a great Catwoman episode, yeah, "Catwalk" is the only one that really held up in my adulthood rewatch. 

Archived