Lannister cival war?

Stormking902

We know as it sits Cersie is technically lady of Casterly rock but we as the reader know Cersie is bat shit crazy and her bannerman in the books suspect she is at the very least incompetent in terms of leading the Westerlands in war which someone has to pick up the slack.

Most of us readers think it's probably Jamie but I personally think its Devann Lannister he is the commander of the Lannister army in the Westerlands and more importantly respected by the Lannister Bannerman, also Jamie being in the KG removes his claim to CR.

Where im going with this is Cersie will make more mistakes and her bannerman will need a liege lord who is looking out for the Westerlands best interests not her own and the crowns, and Devann already has an army, is charismatic, respected more by leeps and bounds, as a Lannister has a claim to CR. The West will abandon Cersie and in a fit of insanity she will even name them enemies of the crown, showing her remaining allies its time to jump ship. 

How would this move the story forward?

The Tyrell/Lannisters are already fighting the Iron Born & Aegon.

Dorne and the Vale are not going to back her.

Dany at some point is going to have an army strong enough to smash everyone.

What benefit is there for the Lannisters to go into civil war and Tyrells jump ship?

Reach civil war maybe but since they are all related even that is a long shot.

The thing is Tywin made it so that the Wersterlands had no overmighty lords that would rebel, and now that Kevan's dead there's no one to replace Cersei with. Jaime's made it clear he doesn't want this the minute he tore Cersei's letter and followed Brienne, also Tyrion committed two of the worst crime is Westeros; patricide and regicide so he's definitely out of the picture unless the new ruler promises him Casterly Rock.  

Cersei's fate is still pretty ambiguous but I don't see this happening. Daven is a second cousin to Cersei and has a much weaker claim than Myrcella or one of Kevan's children as heir but it's probably up to Tommen to decide, or Mace Tyrell (who is likely Lord Regent now) telling him who to name. Cersei's power in KL is gone forever I think and if she loses Casterly Rock, she has no other allies to side with her.

I actually do believe that Westerlands would abandon Cersei and rally behind another Lannister (I personally believe it will be Jaime after all, as he will 99% leave Kingsguard at some point). She already was abandoned by her bannermen and Lannister loyalists in KL so I expect this trend to continue. But it wouldn't be a civil war if no one in Westerlands backs Cersei in this case. And I don't think there will be anyone.

Tyrion was in charge of cisterns and drains at Casterly Rock in his youth. Maybe he could know a passage to enter Casterly Rock in secret (like Daenerys took Meereen) when he returns to Westeros.

I don't expect a Lannister civil war because only Cersei remains.Most of them are missing/dead/too young and there are more to come (R.W vol.2, Aegon's invasion,etc). I find it easier that Cersei flees King's Landing when Aegon takes it and makes Westerlands her independent kingdom.

Archived