Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4 Eyed Crow

Unanswered questions

18 posts in this topic

What are some questions you can think of that have yet to be answered in season 8? They don’t have to be serious questions, and of course, not all questions will answered. 

  • Who survived the fall of the Wall? Who died?
  • Tyrion’s honeycomb and brothel story/joke
  • What did Podrick do to those girls?
  • Why are the seasons so unpredictable?
  • Why is Jon’s name Aegon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

What are some questions you can think of that have yet to be answered in season 8? They don’t have to be serious questions, and of course, not all questions will answered. 

  • Who survived the fall of the Wall? Who died?
  • Tyrion’s honeycomb and brothel story/joke
  • What did Podrick do to those girls?
  • Why are the seasons so unpredictable?
  • Why is Jon’s name Aegon?

Who survived the fall of the Wall?

Whoever wins the character popularity polls out of Beric, Gendry and Tormund. Given this fandom seems to find Tormund harassing Brienne (not that Brienne's sympathetic at this point by any stretch) fucking hilarious, I'm gonna say Tormund lives. Though people might want Arya and Gendry to get it on, I dunno. Beric's ass is grass, though, no-one even remembers him.

Tyrion's honeycomb and brothel story/joke

I don't want to be a part pooper, but... the joke is it won't ever be revealed.

What did Podrick do to those girls?

Probably oral sex, given this is apparently a secret forbidden technique of sex if Ygritte and Missandei's reactions are anything to go by, and everyone who does it does it flawlessly in Weisseroff.

Why are the seasons so unpredictable?

I think even the books won't properly answer this, tbh. Magic?

Why is Jon's name Aegon?

Because D&D couldn't think of a more kingly Targaryen name, think Rhaegar and Lyanna are insane enough to name two brothers the same fucking thing, and in general they just think 'fuck Elia of Dorne and her children, nobody likes them, just like Stannis and apparently Roose Bolton (but yay Ramsay's twenty good men, slayer of cuntish fathers)'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

 

Why is Jon's name Aegon?

Because D&D couldn't think of a more kingly Targaryen name, think Rhaegar and Lyanna are insane enough to name two brothers the same fucking thing, and in general they just think 'fuck Elia of Dorne and her children, nobody likes them, just like Stannis and apparently Roose Bolton (but yay Ramsay's twenty good men, slayer of cuntish fathers)'.

does anyone care about elia and her children or are they really just plot devices to a.) create conflict between lannister and martell b.) show the fates that could have befallen Jon and Dany c.) cloud the truth regarding Rhaegar and Lyanna and Jon’s real name? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

does anyone care about elia and her children or are they really just plot devices to a.) create conflict between lannister and martell b.) show the fates that could have befallen Jon and Dany c.) cloud the truth regarding Rhaegar and Lyanna and Jon’s real name? 

The whole thing that made GoT strong was the humanity of the characters, that while they were plot devices, there was always some humanity to them (see: The first four seasons). Rhaegar treating his first wife and children like the plot devices they are makes sense if this was a typical dime-a-dozen fantasy or a meta-commentary, but it doesn't work in-universe unless Rhaegar (and Lyanna) is a colossal dick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

The whole thing that made GoT strong was the humanity of the characters, that while they were plot devices, there was always some humanity to them (see: The first four seasons). Rhaegar treating his first wife and children like the plot devices they are makes sense if this was a typical dime-a-dozen fantasy or a meta-commentary, but it doesn't work in-universe unless Rhaegar (and Lyanna) is a colossal dick.

In the first four seasons we knew Rhaegar either cheated on his wife by kidnapping or raping another woman or by falling in love with another woman. Either way he is a dick. The only question was how big a dick and to how many people. It turns out he was much less of a dick to Lyanna and her son than to his prior wife and their kids. Does that fundamentally make him more of a dick than before or just a different kind of dick?

Edited by jcmontea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

In the first four seasons we knew Rhaegar either cheated on his wife by kidnapping or raping another woman or by falling in love with another woman. Either way he is a dick. The only question was how big a dick and to how many people. It turns out he was much less of a dick to Lyanna and her son than to his prior wife and their kids. Does that fundamentally make him more of a dick than before or just a different kind of dick?

Hm, good point. Still, takes a special, particularly stupid kind of dick to name your second son the exact same thing as your first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, Beardy the Wildling said:

Hm, good point. Still, takes a special, particularly stupid kind of dick to name your second son the exact same thing as your first.

The first would still have been alive when he'd have named the second too.

I guess Rhaegar would have seen an interesting parallel with Aegon I in marrying one for duty and another for desire. Yet the show had him annul the first marriage, which should have had consequences with Dornish sentiment towards Targaryens and made the killing of Aegon, Rhaenys and Elia completely unnecessary (not that it actually was necessary, but the reason to kill them is no longer there). This stuff couldn't have been kept a secret unless the Maesters and the Faith were in on it as a secretive scheme of Rhaegar's, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

This stuff couldn't have been kept a secret unless the Maesters and the Faith were in on it as a secretive scheme of Rhaegar's, which doesn't seem to be the case.

While the Maesters and the Faith seem to be up to some shady shit in the books, in the show they were reduced to 'lol smart people just sit inside and read books unlike real men who fight and fuck unless they're fat in which case they steal their family swords and put their lovers and adoptive child in serious danger ' and 'lol all religious people are fun-hating homophobes' respectively.

I highly doubt the show would think of something as smart as a maester-faith conspiracy.

Edited by Beardy the Wildling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these may have been answered and I just don't remember but: (also, some of this is more book related)

What happened to Edmure Tully/what is he doing?

Who is Quaithe?

Why must there always be a Stark in Winterfell?

What is in the Stark Crypts that seems so important?

Who is AA/TPTWP/whatever other names?

Who ordered Mandon Moore to kill Tyrion?

What was Jaqen up to for the most part and why did they just let Arya leave the house of Black and White after killing their only other student (it seems to be their only other student).

Dany's house with the red door.

Did Ned Stark's remains ever make it back, I can't remember that one.

I don't expect the show to answer or even bring some of these things up, since they didn't make a big deal of it, but it would be nice for it to be answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 11:28 AM, jcmontea said:

In the first four seasons we knew Rhaegar either cheated on his wife by kidnapping or raping another woman or by falling in love with another woman. Either way he is a dick. The only question was how big a dick and to how many people. It turns out he was much less of a dick to Lyanna and her son than to his prior wife and their kids. Does that fundamentally make him more of a dick than before or just a different kind of dick?

I have to agree that Rhaegar seems terrible one way or another based on what we know.  But I would be interested in finding out more about his marriage to Elia. I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that we don't know yet. And what plans did he have for his children with Elia (how to ensure they have a peaceful and comfortable life) if he thought his son Lyanna was some sort of savior. If he didn't care enough to plan ahead for his children with Elia, I'd say he was more of a dick regardless of how he treated Lyanna and her son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Did Ned Stark's remains ever make it back, I can't remember that one.

I don't believe they did. If I remember correctly, they made it as far as the neck after Cat had the opportunity to see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting my two cents in, Rhaegar was probably a lot of things, many of them very good things, but definitely was also a dick.

Other questions...

Which cast member was the Kevin Spacey of the group?

Did Aiden Gillen have a secret contest with anyone to see how many different accents he could use?

How did awayforthelads and truede get the spoilers?  Who are they?

What "in universe" explanation can be given for why Tyrion's hair becomes significantly darker every season from S1 to S5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Putting my two cents in, Rhaegar was probably a lot of things, many of them very good things, but definitely was also a dick.

Other questions...

Which cast member was the Kevin Spacey of the group?

Did Aiden Gillen have a secret contest with anyone to see how many different accents he could use?

How did awayforthelads and truede get the spoilers?  Who are they?

What "in universe" explanation can be given for why Tyrion's hair becomes significantly darker every season from S1 to S5?

I just started re-watching the series. i forgot how blonde his hair was in the beginning. It was strange to see. Also very straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I just started re-watching the series. i forgot how blonde his hair was in the beginning. It was strange to see. Also very straight.

Tyrion is the worst offender. Pretty much all the Lannisters' hair has lost their golden touch over the years. It's more honey-coloured, now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 6:45 AM, Faera said:

Tyrion is the worst offender. Pretty much all the Lannisters' hair has lost their golden touch over the years. It's more honey-coloured, now. 

Wasn’t Tyrion hair color that way just in the scenes shot from the original pilot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Wasn’t Tyrion hair color that way just in the scenes shot from the original pilot? 

Yeah, it was just the scenes in the original pilot. But both NCW and Peter Dinklage were slightly blonder in the previous seasons, just slightly. With NCW, his hair is shorter now so its understandable. And Peter has a distinctly dark beard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2017 at 11:21 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

What "in universe" explanation can be given for why Tyrion's hair becomes significantly darker every season from S1 to S5?

Well, there is epigenetics, aka certain factors turning genes on and off. Perhaps some kind of pigment gene for hair had been “off” in season 1, and gradually more and more of those genes “switched on”. Same sort of thing for Tyrion’s hair’s curls. 

Edited by 4 Eyed Crow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

Well, there is epigenetics, aka certain factors turning genes on and off. Perhaps some kind of pigment gene for hair had been “off” in season 1, and gradually more and more of those genes “switched on”. Same sort of thing for Tyrion’s hair’s curls. 

Haha, I'll take it!  It has always annoyed me how much his appearance has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0