Sexual Assault part 4 - "no, I don't want to see your weaner!"

zelticgar

10 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

The Republican ratfucking of Al Franken continues, as an 'anonymous person' claims Franken totally groped Arianna Huffington during a photoshoot (photo's included) and that Huffington was disgusted by his creepy behavior!

Franken gropes Huffington

Seems they got a bit too sloppy with this story though, apparently not even bothering contacting Huffington herself before publishing, as hours later Huffington herself debunks the 'anonymous person', claiming that 'the notion that there was anything inappropriate in this photo shoot is truly absurd'.

Guess the Republicans reaaaaallly want Franken gone, but this is just third rate work guys.

Are you saying that all the allegations are false?

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

/Let's keep the ball rolling. If Franken is deserving of an investigation, surely Trump is as well.

It is the one reason I can see for Franken to stubbornly stay on, ie creating a solid precedent for investigation.

This is a good article on why the letter supporting Franken was such a bad idea.

Franken's former co-workers could've taken a note from current SNL cast members, who addressed Franken's sexual harassment allegations on Saturday's show. On the photo of Franken groping Tweeden as she slept, Weekend Update's Colin Jost remarked, "I know this photo looks bad. But, remember, it also is bad."

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Are you saying that all the allegations are false?

I'm definitely skeptical about the allegations due to a variety of factors which I've touched upon in my posts in the previous thread. It's not a matter of if, but only a matter of when Republican operatives like Roger Stone will hijack and weaponize the #metoo movement for easy political hit jobs on Democratic politicians and candidates and I believe Franken is their first trial to see how effective this line of attack is going to be. It's also why I find the fact that his former SNL co-workers and his senatorial staffers support Franken rather more credible and noteworthy than a lot of people here. Weinstein, Spacey, Moore, Louis CK... All these guys had women coming out of the woodwork to accuse them once the ball got rolling, and rumors had been swirling around about them for years. Franken? The accusations came out of the blue, by two conservative Trump supporting ladies, one of whom  has confirmed ties to Sean Hannity and Roger Stone. Yet Franken's former co-workers and staffers, over whom he had a lot of influence/power and who worked with him for years and even decades, say he's always behaved nothing but appropriately towards them and are strongly supporting him.

32 minutes ago, Seli said:

It is the one reason I can see for Franken to stubbornly stay on, ie creating a solid precedent for investigation.

Not sure that Congress has the power to investigate Trump's past harassment of women.  Congress certainly has the power to investigate its own members, but its power to investigate the President is limited.  

1 minute ago, Kelli Fury said:

This is getting precariously close to “are you on your period or something”

:bowdown:

2 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

Are you actually going to refute/ criticize/point out the flaws in the reasoning of any of the points I made or are you just going to keep bashing that wall?

Well, It's probably better for me to continue the wall bashing, lest I say something against the board code of conduct.

1 minute ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

Are you actually going to refute/ criticize/point out the flaws in the reasoning of any of the points I made or are you just going to keep bashing that wall?

Do you honestly think men are going to behave the same way with every woman/person they know? Honest question; because an important point for you that many women weren't harassed by him. Does that mean he couldn't harass other women, outside of his social circle? 

12 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Here is a helpful think I found for some of you rape apologists to read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming

Thanks!

Here's a little something that you might benefit from.

https://wso.williams.edu/wiki/index.php/Common_courtesy

/Finger pointing is fun!

23 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Do you honestly think men are going to behave the same way with every woman/person they know? Honest question; because an important point for you that many women weren't harassed by him. Does that mean he couldn't harass other women, outside of his social circle? 

Absolutely not. However, these women worked with him at SNL for years, even decades, and I’m sure they saw and were victims of a lot of harassment. Franken worked there in the early days of SNL. Randi Rhodes said she had her problems with him at Air America, none of them had to do with sexual harassment and she never heard any rumors of such behavior. The point of 36 women coming forward to say Franken never assaulted them (and more importantly, they had no knowledge of him assaulting anyone else) over the course of 20 years at SNL and close to a decade in the Senate (where you would expect behavior like this to manifest itself the strongest given the power dynamics) is to establish that there may be motivation by the women against Franken to paint him as something he is clearly not. With Weinstein/Spacey/CK/Moore there was a pattern of accusation against these men that they’ve consistently used their power on women (and men) beneath them in their professional hierarchy - and Franken's case at least suggests that that’s not true. These are exactly the kind of women who, had they been working with Weinstein/CK etc would likely have been victims. But they weren’t here.

21 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Here is a helpful think I found for some of you rape apologists to read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming

Overly dramatic much? Questioning a woman's assault claim is not necessarily victim blaming (though I realize that in the current climate it practically is, but well, a career in the judiciary has so firmly ingrained the doctrine of praesumptio innocentiae into my brain, it's practically second nature by now). Now for example, if I would've said: 'Well, miss Tweeden was a bikini model, you can't expect Al not to cup a feel/have a kiss', would be victim blaming and deeply wrong.

1 minute ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

Overly dramatic much? Questioning a woman's assault claim is not necessarily victim blaming (though I realize that  the current climate it practically is, but well, a career in the judiciary has so firmly ingrained the doctrine of praesumptio innocentiae into my brain, it practically second nature by now). Now for example, if I would've said: 'Well, miss Tweeden was a bikini model, you can't expect Al not to cup a feel/have a kiss', would be victim blaming.

It's easier to just namecall us rape apologists.  

2 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

Absolutely not. However, these women worked with him at SNL for years, even decades, and I’m sure they saw and were victims of a lot of harassment. Franken worked there in the early days of SNL. Randi Rhodes said she had her problems with him at Air America, none of them had to do with sexual harassment and she never heard any rumors of such behavior. The point of 36 women coming forward to say Franken never assaulted them (and more importantly, they had no knowledge of him being assaulting anyone else) over the course of 20 years at SNL and close to a decade in the Senate (where you would expect behavior like this to manifest itself the strongest given the power dynamics) is to establish that there may be motivation by the women against Franken to paint him as something he is clearly not. With Weinstein/Spacey/CK/Moore there was a pattern of accusation against these men that they’ve consistently used their power on women (and men) beneath them in their professional hierarchy - and Franken's case at least suggests that that’s not true. These are exactly the kind of women who, had they been working with Weinstein/CK etc would likely have been victims. But they weren’t here.

I mean I'm not American; I'm not overly attached or against Franken - I hadn't even heard of him until all this. So this is purely from an outsider's view - it's possible that there is political motivation behind the accusation...but it's also possible that a man can act differently around different people and that he can have acted inappropriately in a sexual way with a few women that weren't his friends or colleagues or inside his social or professional circle. I don't know. I just don't think it's that much of an argument to say that he didn't harass some women he knew. I find it entirely believable that a man or a woman can act very differently depending on situation and who they're with. 

Archived