Sexual Assault part 4 - "no, I don't want to see your weaner!"

zelticgar

4 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

A good question, and one that is impossible to answer. Of course I could argue from a 'Franken is innocent' perspective. If the forced kiss story is exaggerated or made up, I could simply say that they hadn't made up the forced kiss story yet in 2008. And of course you could argue from a 'Franken is guilty' perspective, saying she didn't feel safe to come forward in 2008, but does now. What was Tweeden's job in 2008? Was she already a political commentator at that time or was she still an entertainer/model?

To be fair, she claims to have not been aware of the picture, which is very believable. I imagine that some investigator in the GOP's hire dug up the photo, and then revealed it to Tweeden.

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, murderers should totally go with pointing out all the people in their lives that they didn't murder, because apparently if you're a murderer that's all you do all the time. 

Just like harassers and gropers. 

Yeah, that doesn't seem at all hyperbolic. Let's compare murderers to gropers. :rolleyes:

The compulsive nature of the vast majority of those accused so far should speak to something at this point. All of them with rare exception have multiple accusers. Takei is the only one I can think of off the top of my head beside Franken who has had less than 5 accusers.

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, murderers should totally go with pointing out all the people in their lives that they didn't murder, because apparently if you're a murderer that's all you do all the time. 

As someone who has been a law clerk in the Dutch judiciary for years (including handling cases concerning felons remanded in forensic psychiatric clinics, which requires reading psychological and psychiatric reports)  I can say equating murder with assault is comparing apples and pears. Sexual predators often prey on people they have some measure of power over. The fact that Franken apparently never groped a woman during his SNL years or in the Senate but instead would grope a woman's butt in front of her husband and father at a state fair would be really atypical behavior for a sexual predator.

10 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's like all the terrorists, when their parents and friends say "but he was such a nice boy", like he's just going to sit there rubbing his hands together muttering "kill the innocents" all the time.

It's partly an ego thing, people don't like the fact they never picked up on anything, that they could get something so wrong.

I guess the question to ask is what would you say if you were in that situation? I think I would just say "all I can say on the matter is I have never seen anything like that, his conduct in my company has never led me to believe he was a threat to women". I think that's very different to our insider knowledge of Murray's situation makes us confident that sadly this accusation is one of the 3 percent of assault cases that are misreported every year." (what Lena Dunham said).

48 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

As someone who has been a law clerk in the Dutch judiciary for years (including handling cases concerning felons remanded in forensic psychiatric clinics, which requires reading psychological and psychiatric reports)  I can say equating murder with assault is comparing apples and pears. Sexual predators often prey on people they have some measure of power over. The fact that Franken apparently never groped a woman during his SNL years or in the Senate but instead would grope a woman's butt in front of her husband and father at a state fair would be really atypical behavior for a sexual predator.

Has George H.W. Bush been accused by any of his subordinates or colleagues yet?  I haven't heard anything of that nature yet, but I've heard of the bunch of times he's grabbed women's asses while taking a photo.  

[mod] We are talking about sexual assault, not some opportunity to wave your dick about some bullshit topic on the Internet. And make no mistake: most of the people in this thread -- and making it toxic -- are men. Thread closed for now. DO NOT open another until y'all can get some perspective that this is a LIVED EXPERIENCE for most of the women who have to read this thread. That means try again some time next week. Thank you. [/mod]

Archived