NBA 2017 - 18: A Shot at Parity

Relic

41 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Cavs look like trash and LeBron is absolutely leaving.

From what I've heard, LeBron would be gone if he didn't have the no trade clause.  Sounds like everyone is getting tired of his shit in Cleveland.  He pretends to be a leader, but no one dogs it like he does on the court, and it's impossible to hold anyone else accountable when you're not trying.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

From what I've heard, LeBron would be gone if he didn't have the no trade clause.  Sounds like everyone is getting tired of his shit in Cleveland.  He pretends to be a leader, but no one dogs it like he does on the court, and it's impossible to hold anyone else accountable when you're not trying.

Gonna need a source on that, boss.

1 minute ago, Red Tiger said:

Gonna need a source on that, boss.

All I can say is that I'm familiar with several people who have in-roads either with LeBron's camp or people working for the Cavs front office.  Know a guy with Knicks front office connections too.

More than one of them commented that the Cavs probably would have traded LeBron before Kyrie if they'd had the option.  Not necessarily because it was the smartest basketball move in the near-term, but because none of them trust LeBron even remotely.

6 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Okay, so nothing.

You can take it however you want.  The guys I get info from have been right a lot, though, so I tend to trust them.  Hell, a few of them were guaranteeing a LeBron return a few weeks before anyone else thought it was even a realistic option.

It's also possible that the LeBron being traded stuff has popped up recently because Gilbert is pissed.  All I know is that I've heard more than one person mention it, which means I believe it.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Yeah, there’s been a lot of speculation that this would be the case. But Idk how you actually trade him. Any team that could be a contender with LeBron would likely have to give up too much to make the deal worth doing. And there’s no guarantee that he resigns with the organization that trades for him.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, there’s been a lot of speculation that this would be the case. But Idk how you actually trade him. Any team that could be a contender with LeBron would likely have to give up too much to make the deal worth doing. And there’s no guarantee that he resigns with the organization that trades for him.

Ironically the most logical fit would be Boston. Lebron for Tatum or Brown and the Lakers pick. Cleveland will stay good with pieces going forward whereas Boston gets a half season rental, a clear path to the NBA Finals and the chance to convince him to stay. Granted Cavs fans would riot. And it'll be awkward when Kyrie immediately demands a trade again.

ETA: Actually would need to throw in Hayward to make the salaries work. How about just Hayward + Brown + Lakers pick for Lebron + Wade? 

Unrelated, nothing makes me laugh harder than watching "NBA Pro" Markelle Fultz shoot: 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

No doubt.  I'd imagine the Cavs would look for an absurd amount of future draft capital.  Like 2020, 2022, 2024 picks, unprotected, or something of the like.  The kind of picks you'd trade knowing you're getting arguably the best player of all time and mortgaging your team's future to do it.

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Unrelated, nothing makes me laugh harder than watching "NBA Pro" Markelle Fultz shoot: 

I've been convinced for some time that he has the yips.  The shoulder injury was a false story the Sixers and his agent peddled to coverup the fact that he ruined his shot over the Summer.  There were reports from an insider that he went to an AAU shooting coach sometime in July/August for help.  Instead it messed up his mechanics.

Bryan Colangelo is doing a great job of destroying everything Sam Hinkie built.  

13 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I've been convinced for some time that he has the yips.  The shoulder injury was a false story the Sixers and his agent peddled to coverup the fact that he ruined his shot over the Summer.  There were reports from an insider that he went to an AAU shooting coach sometime in July/August for help.  Instead it messed up his mechanics.

Bryan Colangelo is doing a great job of destroying everything Sam Hinkie built.  

I think so too. Will never understand why you'd change the shot that made you the #1 overall pick. 

Just psyched I have better free throw form than at least one NBAer. (DeAndre Jordan doesn't count). 

21 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Ironically the most logical fit would be Boston. Lebron for Tatum or Brown and the Lakers pick. Cleveland will stay good with pieces going forward whereas Boston gets a half season rental, a clear path to the NBA Finals and the chance to convince him to stay. Granted Cavs fans would riot. And it'll be awkward when Kyrie immediately demands a trade again.

ETA: Actually would need to throw in Hayward to make the salaries work. How about just Hayward + Brown + Lakers pick for Lebron + Wade? 

Totally agree. Oddly the Wolves could offer a decent package of Wiggins and like Brian said, several future first round picks. Then he would be the one who gets to riot. :P

22 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Good god. Did he always shoot like that? If so, Idk how he even went in the top 5. Same goes for Lonzo. Two of the ugliest shots I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

I say LeBron takes a big paycut and goes to Houston.

Not a bad idea. I personally think that if OKC don't go anywhere in the playoffs this year it's not unthinkable to see LeBron and George go somewhere together. That's one hell of a 3-4 combo. 

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Great stat:

Trevor Ariza shot more three pointers last night than the Lakers did for an entire season in a year in which they won a championship (I believe it was one from the 80's, but I'm not sure which one).

More like "beyond useless stat". Three-pointers were not as big a deal back then, this is in no way impressive. You have done this in the past where you said that Curry had more 3s in a single season than Bird did in his entire career.

It is irrelevant.

24 minutes ago, briantw said:

Did Steph not understand the rules?  

It's fun Lebron drafted both Durant and Kyrie. Keep your enemies close kinda deal.

But what's better is Lebron has all bigs as his starters with the exception of Kyrie. So which two among Steph, Harden and Derozan will cover 2 of Lebron, Durant, Cousins and Davis? I guess it'll be Derozan on Lebron and Harden on Durant. But fuck, post the little guys up endlessly for the first 5 minutes. 

Archived