X-Ray Appreciation thread

Kelli Fury

We could never embed images. But I forgot about naked hatted week! Deep in the board mythology, that, along with the onions, Ottomans and hovercrafts of northern France. As of this year, BTW, I've officially been here half my life. Um. But X-Ray has definitely been one of the people who keep me around long after all sane topics of discussion have been exhausted, and I always have a slight moment of cheer whenever I see her name as the last poster on a thread, because that probably means there's something there worth a read. I've appreciated the hell out of her advice over the years, and I still get a brief moment of panic whenever she replies to something I say, lest I have failed to live up to her standards of wit and venom.

Also, no kidding, X-Ray is literally responsible for any degree of appreciation of alcohol that I have. "You should try a cider", she said that one time in London, "It's something something genetics bitter taste something". That moderately but absolutely genuinely changed my life.

6 hours ago, Kelli Fury said:

Before the fl00b was a simpler time when the mod hammers didn’t have to fall so often and hard and there was annual nudity and we could change our names as often as we wanted and embed images.

I can't imagine this place back then, must have been different?

9 hours ago, Datepalm said:

We could never embed images. But I forgot about naked hatted week! Deep in the board mythology, that, along with the onions, Ottomans and hovercrafts of northern France. As of this year, BTW, I've officially been here half my life. Um. But X-Ray has definitely been one of the people who keep me around long after all sane topics of discussion have been exhausted, and I always have a slight moment of cheer whenever I see her name as the last poster on a thread, because that probably means there's something there worth a read. I've appreciated the hell out of her advice over the years, and I still get a brief moment of panic whenever she replies to something I say, lest I have failed to live up to her standards of wit and venom.

Also, no kidding, X-Ray is literally responsible for any degree of appreciation of alcohol that I have. "You should try a cider", she said that one time in London, "It's something something genetics bitter taste something". That moderately but absolutely genuinely changed my life.

Yes there was a very short time! I think it was either just after the switch from ezboard or during the period we could like posts and it was just a Ran forgot to turn that off moment.

12 hours ago, Datepalm said:

But X-Ray has definitely been one of the people who keep me around long after all sane topics of discussion have been exhausted, and I always have a slight moment of cheer whenever I see her name as the last poster on a thread, because that probably means there's something there worth a read. .

Agree, there are a few boarders where I always know there'll be something worth reading if they've posted, and X-Ray is right at the top of the list.

42 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

Oh yeah!! Oh, the ill-advised capitalist like feature!

There was also the short and even more ill-advised period where we could both like and dislike posts.

7 hours ago, williamjm said:

Agree, there are a few boarders where I always know there'll be something worth reading if they've posted, and X-Ray is right at the top of the list.

There was also the short and even more ill-advised period where we could both like and dislike posts.

I miss that dislike and await it’s return like the Christians and their god

57 minutes ago, Kelli Fury said:

I miss that dislike and await it’s return like the Christians and their god

Baby Jesus sits 'round my house ALL DAY LONG.  Sometimes, he wipes floors.  Sometimes he guilts my neigbors into some ACT RIGHT.  

Today he showed up here to look at you all.  So seriously, look at yourselves.    Do better.  

On 11/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, Darth Richard II said:

Hey! I was lurking here before the show started! I remember that much.

Is this still a thing?  :quietly weeps for humanity:

Also, I love X-ray.  I actually keep a WWXD in my mouth and sometimes don't say anything at all.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:31 PM, Datepalm said:

Oh yeah!! Oh, the ill-advised capitalist like feature!

LOL... Come on... I graduated and never felt so accomplished like when I saw a post of mine got 7 likes. I felt so wise...

That said, it is amazing to be reminded that even though I am around here for 5 years, there are those who are practically raised by this place. But, so was I, in a way,... :D 

12 hours ago, Risto said:

LOL... Come on... I graduated and never felt so accomplished like when I saw a post of mine got 7 likes. I felt so wise...

That said, it is amazing to be reminded that even though I am around here for 5 years, there are those who are practically raised by this place. But, so was I, in a way,... :D 

I adore her, her cats, her husband, and her fashion sense.  

I sometimes channel her (without all the swearing) in work situations. And despite her fierceness ,she's one of the nicest people I've met.  

Thanks, Kelli, for doing a thread extolling her virtues.  She deserves it.  <3

Love you Xray! Even though I'm totes fl00b, I reckon we'd also totes be friends in real life.

Sending a big hug your way. :grouphug:

You're my favourite crustacean, even more that the first lobster in Love Actually.

Also your profile pic leaves me mesmerised.

Archived