How prepared are you for a disaster?

zelticgar

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:34 AM, Durckad said:

As a Type 1 diabetic, any long or even short-term disaster is going to be extremely difficult to manage. Hoarding insulin is not very feasible, fiscally or otherwise, so depending upon if a disaster occurs at just the "right time," I'd probably be able to manage for three months, maybe a little more if I properly and effectively ration. After that though, there's only so much you can ration and a cellar full of beans and pasta and guns ain't gonna do much if I'm in the throes of hyperglycemic shock.

So yeah, I've long ago resigned myself to the fact that I will be the first to be eaten should there be some long-term breakdown of society.

I'm Type-1 as well and my insurance covered a 90 supply at a time and at one point I had 4 months worth easy. I was doing so well I couldn't use it fast enough. If society broke down anybody with Type-1 would be fucked PDQ.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Oh shit, the British Apocalypse has hit... We've got about half an inch of snow... and it's predicted to last for most of the day.

You poor bastards. Not sure how it is in Britain, but in the American South half an inch of snow is enough to bring entire cities to a halt. (No one down here knows how to drive in icy weather)

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You poor bastards. Not sure how it is in Britain, but in the American South half an inch of snow is enough to bring entire cities to a halt. (No one down here knows how to drive in icy weather)

Our society is only surviving because it's a Sunday; law and order will break down tomorrow, with the onset of looting. Roaming gangs planned for Tuesday, and unless things thaw out, we're in a post-apocalyptic world by Wednesday.

Archived