how many copies have you ?

Yaya

I bought a Kindle a couple of weeks ago- I thought that my pdf versions of the novels would read OK on the thing but I was wrong.  So tonight I went and purchased the five books in proper Kindle format for that device.  Prior to that I bought the five novels in paperback format in a nice box set.   Prior to that I bought each novel as each came out - in paperback except for Dance - I had to buy that in hardback as I couldn't wait for paperback.  That cost a bit more needless to say.  So, to date, I have bought 3 copies of each book plus the World of book (what a great visual feast of Ice & Fire that one is) and also the 3 novels of Dunk & Egg. 
I love you GRRM, Happy Birthday and Merry Holidays :)

How about you all - how many copies have you in your possession?

14 hours ago, Yaya said:

So, to date, I have bought 3 copies of each book

What? You haven't been buying the Special Illustrated Anniversary Editions as they've come out? What about the comic books??

(Note - I have only the box set of paperbacks - Costco edition - and borrowed the funny book editions of GoT from the library)

3 copies of AGOT, 1 copy of the other novels.

First, I bought the 1-4 paperback boxed. I got ADWD once it also came out in paperback.

After hearing me talk about ASOIAF all the time, a friend thought it would be a good idea to give me a paperback copy of AGOT for my birthday. What? I already have a copy, but okay, thanks. The friend also gave me a copy of Wit&Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister.

Later, I saw a bunch of ASOIAF books on sale and couldn’t resist. I got the illustrated AGOT, and World of Ice and Fire.

I read D&E on some website that I can’t remember now.

AGoT - US paperback, 2x US 1st edition hardcover, some later hardcover, audio book, Kindle, Subterranean Press limited edition, iBooks enhanced edition.

ACoK - UK Paperback, UK Hardcover, US Hardcover, audio book, Kindle, Subterranean Press limited edition, iBooks enhanced edition.

ASoS - US Hardcover, UK hardcover, US hardcover reissue, audio book, Kindle, iBooks enhanced edition.

AFfC - US Hardcover, UK hardcover, audio book, Kindle, Subterranean Press limited edition, iBooks enhanced edition.

ADWD - Ditto

TWoIaF - North of 40 in a welter of languages.

Kot7K - US copy, UK copy, 2 Spanish copies.

I have one of each book, though ACoK, ASoS and AFFC have fallen apart and I have to put the pages back when I'm done reading or searching for something. I'm waiting for all seven books so that I can get a nice box set. 

I did not get the Rogue Prince, the Princess and the Queen (though I've listened to the audio on YouTube) or Sons of the Dragon because I know I won't be reading the other stories, so I'm waiting on Fire and Blood.

Got one copy of the world book, and I have A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. 

I have the five books in the cheap paperbacks which I can no longer read without having a roll of tape handy. Sometimes I’m reinforcing every page. I’d like a set of hardbacks, but spending that much on new books seems pointless when the series isn’t complete yet as I like matching sets. I also like to mark up my books, so I’m also loath to upgrade for that reason.

I’m mostly only interested in the books proper, but I did buy TWOIAF because it was so pretty and I know it’ll seem more relevant as we get further into the series. The rest I either got from the library or haven't read yet.

13 hours ago, hiemal said:

Fewer than before. I sometimes get missionary about my favorite books and force them on people.

Luckily I NEVER lend books out anymore ... they never make it home :)

9 hours ago, zandru said:

What? You haven't been buying the Special Illustrated Anniversary Editions as they've come out? What about the comic books??

OMG I totally forgot about these versions!

8 hours ago, Ran said:

AGoT - US paperback, 2x US 1st edition hardcover, some later hardcover, audio book, Kindle, Subterranean Press limited edition, iBooks enhanced edition.

I totally forgot about the audio editions .... hmmmm, maybe i need to get those for those times when I can't read but can listen :)  hello Santa? 

-------

7 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

I have one of each book, though ACoK, ASoS and AFFC have fallen apart

6 hours ago, Lollygag said:

I have the five books in the cheap paperbacks which I can no longer read without having a roll of tape handy.

SAME! 
my 1st purchased paperbacks are all taped up to stay together, spines totally cracked and pages hanging out all over the place.

0 of GoT (gave my copy to a friend)
1 of CoK
1 of SoS
0 of A Nap for Crows (got an old copy from a friend who bought one of the special editions and gave it away later as well)
0 of A Wait without Dragons (borrowed it)

I refuse to buy new copies of the books I (no longer) own until the series is finished. Same with secondary literature relating to Westeros. Should I feel the desperate need to read the first book there's always a couple of friends who'd lend me theirs.
And should I ever feel the need to read FFCDWD again...wait, no, that will never happen.

Archived